Growth

Home Sweet Home (Tuesday, November 13th) (8:13 PM) (Olivia's Perspective)
I was home early from work, I had just finished bonding with Lei and putting her to bed and talking to Noah. Last was Bell. I had something important to tell her, and I was eager to see her reaction. I stood by her bedroom door. I heard her laptop playing audio. I believed she was watching her favorite show, 'One Day At A Time'. I stepped in quietly.
"Hey, Mom!"
"Hey girlie! Are you busy?"
"No, not really." I sat down on her bed.
"How was school today?"
"It was pretty chill, we watched a movie in English class today, but as usual Mr.Fletcher made us take notes to complete a summary for homework. But, it's easy so no complaints."
"Anything else happened?"
"They announced one of the two trips 8th grade is having! I'm so excited!"
"Where are you guys going? This is one of the sleep away trips, right?"
"Yeah! We're going to Utah for a skiing trip!"
"That's awesome! I'm so happy for you babe." I quickly checked my email.
"It's January 12th of next year. Ample time to prepare."
"I know! I can't wait!" She said excitedly.
"Speaking of good news, I have something to tell you, and to ask you."
"What is it?" She stared at me attentively and smiled.
"Alex and I got invited to speak at this event for victims of SA, so she's coming up to visit!"
"Woah! That's awesome! I've missed her so much. What is it that you wanted to ask me, Mom?"
"Well, about the event... they're looking for people to come and give speeches about their experiences with sexual assault, people of all ages, to inspire other people. And, I was wondering if you would be interested in maybe speaking a few words about your experience if you wanted to." Bella thought for a second.
"I'd love to!" I smiled and put my hand to my heart.
"You would?"
"Yeah, why not? It could be very therapeutic to me and other people who are struggling. And plus, I could learn a thing or two."
"You most definitely can! And, you can make some friends as well, there'll be people your age there as well so you won't feel as alone. Baby, I'm so proud of you!" I gave my daughter a hug.
"Thanks, Mom!"
"Alright, I'm going to go confirm with the event that you'll be speaking. Do you want any help with your speech?"
"No thank you, I wanna try doing it myself. When is the event?"
"Saturday. Alright, but if you need me, I'll be right down the hall. Okay?"
"Okay. Night! I'm saying just in case I fall asleep."
"Goodnight babe! Love you!" I closed the door and cried silently. I am so proud.
***************
Wednesday, November 14th (3:50 PM) (Bella's Perspective)
At the moment, I was outside taking Ace on a walk. I needed fresh air to breathe and think about what to write for my speech, and Ace needed fresh air as well! He was being a mischievous boy!
"Woof!"
"Ace, look, isn't that your favorite character?" Ace loves penguins! I honestly don't know where it came from, but he just does.

 I needed fresh air to breathe and think about what to write for my speech, and Ace needed fresh air as well! He was being a mischievous boy!"Woof!""Ace, look, isn't that your favorite character?" Ace loves penguins! I honestly don't know where it...

"Ace!" He stood in front of the penguin quietly before getting excited. I rubbed his back and he gave me a lick. It's a good thing we took this route! Look at how happy my boy is! We soon continued walking. I thought of what to write for my speech. But nothing would come to me. Today was the perfect day to start, I had little homework, and I don't have dance or gymnastics. Yet for some reason, my creative juices were not flowing as they usually would.