Broken Sun

My Bedroom (Home) (Monday, April 5th) (7:30 AM) (Leia's Perspective)
"Leia, we need to get ready to go sweetheart. Pick up your toys please." Mommy said while folding my blanket.
"Okay, Mommy." I put away all of my toys and grabbed my pink backpack before fixing my sun necklace. I wear my sun necklace to school every day, except for when I have gym or dance classes at school.
"Grab your lunchbox baby girl! Let's hit the road!" Bella and Noah were gone so it was just me and Mommy. I love it when it's just us because I get to talk to Mommy and have girly time. I put on my jacket and we walked over to the car.
"Mommy, are you going to be home later?"
"I'm not entirely sure, why?"
"I wanna talk with you and paint my nails." She smiled.
"Well, if I make it home I'll do that, okay?"
"Yep!" She made a turn and there was a line of cars.
"Looks like we're stuck in traffic. I hope we're not late."
"Can you tell me a story to pass the time?"
"What kind of story?"
"Bella told me you used to tell her a detective story. Can you tell an American doll story?"
"I can tell all kinds of stories baby. Alright, so once upon a time there was an American Girl named Sienna. She was very adventurous. She loved to make up stories about all kinds of things and explore everything in sight. One day, a new family moved in right next door to Sienna."
"Who were they?" I asked.
"They were the Clarkson's. The family had a Mommy, a Daddy, and two kids, Elsie and Trevor." The traffic began to ease up a bit and Mommy drove. Mommy continued the story as she drove over to my school and I couldn't stop imagining how the story would look in my head.
**************
History Class (12:51 PM) (The Trinity School) (Bella's Perspective)
Today felt pretty boring. I mean, I haven't even made it to lunch and I'm about ready to go home. Every time I try to do something my mind just wanders and I end up with doodles of random things all over my notebook. All of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain in my back. Ow. I turned around and it was Hannah. She had a note in her hand. I needed to intercept it before Ms. Durand saw me. I took it quickly and looked around the room before reading it.

Do you wanna have lunch in the library with me?
                               -Jake

I smiled. He's never asked to have lunch in the library alone before. The library is the lunch hotspot for people who don't want to eat in the cafe. We usually go as a group every other day, so I'm assuming he asked if I wanted to go today because everyone else would be in the cafe. I turned around and gave him a thumbs up. The last time Jake was this nice to me I ended up having an anxiety attack and had to leave school early, but now I understand that Jake wouldn't hurt me the way the several men at the warehouse did and that even so, I'm allowed to have these feelings and it isn't my fault either.

"But Dr. Johansson, it is my fault, my brain is choosing to react this way." I said calmly.
"Not exactly, Bella you were in a situation where your trust was betrayed numerous times, where people pretended to be nice before brutalizing you, there's nothing wrong with you questioning people's intentions, and it isn't your fault either. Those men caused you to have to think that way, not you." She asserted while hugging me.

With that said, I'm excited to spend lunch with the boy that I like. Because I feel safe around him and I know that I'll be okay.
************
Trevor Day School (Recess!) (12:55 PM) (Leia's Perspective)
"Okay, it's time for another game!" Harlee suggested. We've played the same game for a while so we needed something more fun to play!
"Hmm, what should we play?" Barron asked.
"I got an idea!" Kamri said while giggling.
"What?"
"We should do tag but with tickling!"
"Tickling?!" Jackson asked.
"How are we gonna put tickling in tag?!"
"When you tag the person you tickle 'em like this." Kamri tickled Leo as an example. Leo is super duper ticklish, he started laughing before the tickling!
"This game is silly, I like it!" Christina said while sipping her apple juice.
"Okay! So we have to make someone it." Courtney pointed out.
"I'm not it!" Ella said. Ella is one of my new friends! We dance together at the same dance company and we sit at the same table in class so we talk.
"Neither am I!" Her twin brother, Elian said. He's a really funny dude.
"Okay, well I'm it! Start running!" Jackson said while doing his evil laugh.
"Ahhhh! We all have to run!"
"Come on, Leia, he can't find us!" Bailey and Ella said. We started to run across the playground and hide by the "tent" so that we wouldn't be found.
"I'm so out of breath!"
"Me too!" I said while wiping my forehead.
"There's no way he'd find us! We hid in the best part of the playground!" Ella said while drinking some water. My friends and I decided to talk about Polly the Purple Fairy because that's our favorite show.
"I can't wait till Friday, I wish the new episode would come out now!" Bailey said while letting out a big puff of air.
"Yeah, I want to see if Polly has a sister!"
"If she does that'd be so cool because-"
"I FOUND YOU GUYS!" Jackson yelled. I ran as quickly as I could. I could hear Jackson running behind me.
"I'm gonna catch you!"
"I won't let you!" I ran around the corner and hid by the slide. I suddenly felt a tickle on my neck. My neck is the most ticklish place on my body, I can't help but wiggle all around when someone tickles me there.
"Jackson, that tickles." He kept tickling me as I rolled on the ground. SNAP! What was that?? I sat up quietly and looked to see if I ripped my jacket.
"Leia, your necklace is on the ground." He said. I looked down and he was right. Oh no, my sun necklace. It's broken! I started to cry silently as I picked up the necklace. I tried to hook the chain back together but it kept falling apart. It's broken. Mommy is going to be so mad at me. This is the necklace that she gave me on my adoption day.