Graduation

505 East 74th Street (Tuesday, June 26th) (Bella's Perspective)

Dear Diary,
It's graduation day. You know, the day where you get your diploma, walk across the stage, throw your caps in the air like you're shooting for the stars? That day you reference everything time your teacher's been a pain in the ass? Yeah, it's that day.

"Bella, you have to start getting ready to leave it's after 2 pm."
"Okay, Mom!" I was busy standing in front of the mirror, fixing my dress, adjusting the gown, my hair. I opted to leave my hair in its natural state, so I had to make sure that it didn't fail me today. I'd just taken some photos, but my look didn't feel perfect.
"Bella!"
"Coming! Gosh, you'd think it was her big day." I mumbled.
"Look, I don't have a MetroCard so is anyone-" I paused. I couldn't believe who was in the living room.
"Aunt Eve?? What are you doing here?"
"What do you mean? I couldn't miss my god baby's graduation! Come here!" I hugged my godmother.
"I am so proud of you, and to show that I got you a little something."
"What is it?"
"Your Mom told me that you've been obsessed with rings lately...so I got you this one."
"Woah." The ring was beautiful. It was rose gold and made out of morganite.
"It's meant to symbolize strength and greatness, both of which are qualities that you possess!" I slid it on. It's perfect! It completes the look!
"Remember to keep being you, don't change for anyone."
"Got that! Thank you, Aunty!"
"Okay, Bella you've gotta go!"
"Where's Dad, I have to see his outfit before I go." Elliot said that when I graduated middle school, I'd be allowed to choose his outfit.
"Right here, Mademoiselle." I turned around to see Elliot in a dapper suit, with a rather eccentric tie.
"How do I look?"
"Handsome. Thanks, Dad." I kissed him on the cheek and smiled.
"Okay, now go, go, go! You're going to be late if you don't hurry!"
"Alright, I'm going!" As I walked down the block, several people congratulated me.
"Congratulations!" Mrs. Dodson said to me.
"Thank you!"
"After the ceremony, tell your Mom to stop by for a quick second."
"Will do! Tell Sam that I said hi!" I made my way to the Q train station as quickly as I could. I hope I make it on time!
************************
The Trinity School Auditorium (3:30 PM) (Olivia's Perspective)

May 21st, 2020
"I'm nervous, Mom." My ten-year-old daughter conveyed to me. We were at her middle school's open house and I think the thought of meeting new people was daunting to her.
"It'll be okay, think of it this way, you get to make some friends before the first day of school. This is your chance to get some of the awkwardness out of the way." I've never seen Bella get this shy in a social situation.
"Can we go home, Mommy?"
"What are you nervous about?"
"What if they think I'm a freak?"
"Well, that isn't a fair assumption to make."
"Huh?"
"If you go into there thinking that, you're going to give them plenty reason to think that. Take a deep breath."
"I don't know how to talk to these people, I don't know them."
"What did you do when you first talked to Kylie, do you remember?" She giggled.
"We talked about American Girl dolls!"
"Okay, so think of something that you kids like now, and talk about that. Or you could say, I like your hair or your outfit."
"Okay."
"Ready to go in?"
"Mhm!" And with that, we walked inside.

Now, she was leaving Trinity. I swear that moment was just yesterday.

"I feel like this auditorium gets bigger every time I see it." Amanda said while fixing her dress.
"Not surprising, they gotta find something to do with all of the extra tuition money."
"Fin."
"Hey, 12 o'clock." We all turned around to see Maria, her husband, and her parents two rows behind us.
"So much for boundaries. I thought you told them to go to the other side, Liv. Bella can't turn back to look at us and see the woman who ruined her childhood." Elliot said.
"I did!" I whisper-yelled.
"Do you want me to say something? Because I will." Fin said.
"Let's not cause a fuss right now, this is the last thing that she'd want. They're two rows away, we can ignore them." Eve said while patting my hand.