Don't Let It Out

Trinity School (Bella's Perspective)
It's my birth month. Finally. December 5th, exactly ten days before my birthday. Brayden was sitting next to me in my English class. I felt pretty embarrassed, I don't know why. Brayden and I don't usually sit this close to each other so it was a bit weird. I was starting to feel hot too.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, just kinda hot." I don't usually get this embarrassed around Brayden, but I was today for some reason. I started to write. We were doing poems about things we loved. Mine was about..Brayden. But, I really wanted to keep that part a secret.

Lovely
By: Bella Benson
Lovely
It's lovely when they hold your hand
It's lovely when they smile at you
Play with you
Joke with you
It makes you feel special
Wanted
Desired
Lovely

**************
Dance Class (Kylie's Perspective)
Bella's birthday is soon and I don't know what to get her. I know what she likes, but what does she really want? I drank some water and sat down on the bench.
"Kylie, how are you so tired? That was nothing."
"That was really difficult. That kind of dancing is more your style." Bella dug into her bag and gave me a piece of chocolate.
"You can be just as good at it if you try hard enough. Come on, let's get some energy and I'll help you practice it." This is why Bella is my best friend, she's so positive and it's so cool. She loves helping us out. It's hard to hate someone like Bella. We went and practiced the routine for a bit and it became easier and easier. But, I really wanted to talk to Bella about something, I hope she wouldn't get mad.
"Bells?"
"Yeah?"
"During the assembly, why did you stomp off?"
"Because some of our friends were laughing about it and it wasn't funny."
"Is it because your Mom is a cop?"
"No Kylie, it's more than that. I don't like talking about it. It's really private."
"Bella, did something happen?"
"Nothing happened Kylie. I'm just fine." She changed her pants and then left the room quickly. Was Bella assaulted? Bella didn't even say goodbye. She just left. Bella never does that unless she's angry or sad.
"Oh no, I made her upset." I packed my dance bag and sighed. I felt bad. I didn't mean to make her upset. What if Bella really was assaulted and I hurt her feelings! Oh no!
"Kylie, let's go." My Dad said. He tried to give me a hug and I rejected it calmly.
"What's wrong honey?" I did not answer and Dad sighed. He hates it when I don't tell him things. I just wanted to wait until we got home to even really say anything.
"Can we talk about it later?!" I went inside the car, speeding past Dad in a matter of seconds. I probably shouldn't even tell Dad. I should talk to Bella first.
*************
Dinner (Elliot's Perspective)
"Is it good Bella?"
"Yeah, just not very hungry." She nibbled the chicken and then put her fork down.
"This weekend I was thinking about going upstate, a short little trip. We could all spend time together." Olivia proposed.
"Can we do activities?"
"What kind?"
"Apple picking! Or pumpkin?"
"Can we do the corn maze, last time Bella and I had so much fun."
"That doesn't sound bad. Bell?"
"Whatever you guys want to do. I don't mind."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. I'm tired. May I be excused?"
"Yes, you may sweetheart." She went up the two floors to her bedroom and Olivia let out a small sigh.
"She's tired. That's all, Liv. She practically passed out on the way home."
"I wish I could believe that's the case every time." Leia crawled into my arms demanding a snuggle at the dinner table.
"I love you, sweet girl."
"Love you, Elliot." What was supposed to be a fun family dinner dissolves into everyone doing their own thing. Livia went upstairs to talk to Bella, I was with Leia telling her how adorable she was, and Noah was using his phone at the dinner table. This wasn't intentional, but it happens from time to time.
"Elliot, can I have more vegetables?"
"Well of course sweetheart."
"El, can I go to my room? I have to study for my algebra test."
"Go ahead." I gave Leia another serving of broccoli and carrots and she smiled with an overwhelming sense of contentment. 2-5 are one of my favorite age groups, anything makes them happy, from a simple walk outside to extra vegetables at the dinner table, it's all exciting and fascinating to them.
"Elliot, tell me a detective story!"
***********
Bella's Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"What's that?"
"Vixella. She's just a person I watch." She closed the laptop and set it to the side.
"I know why you're here." She whispered.
"Why am I here sweetheart?"
"Because of dinner. I said I was tired." She admitted.
"You said you were tired yet you're watching videos on the internet. Bella, did you lie?" She shook her head silently and I let her speak.
"No, I was being honest. I was tired, I even slept in the car. My body aches a bit. Youtube helps me sleep."
"Bella, you know how I always know that something is going on with you?"
"How?"
"You tend to play with your fingers, distract yourself a bit, you've been doing this since I've known you. It's your way of comforting yourself. You don't have to tell me what's wrong if you're not up to it, but you can be honest."
"It's Kylie."
"What about her?"
"She asked me why-" Bella started to have a panic attack.
"Bella, sweetheart, hey."
"I feel dizzy." She said in between her struggle to breathe.
"I'm going to die!"
"No, you're not. You're not going to die." I grabbed the water bottle from her desk and tried to calm her down.
"Think of Hawaii. Close your eyes and imagine the beach. Remember how peaceful the beach was?"
"Yeah. It was peaceful." For years, I've thought of putting Bella on medication, I've really wanted to stay far away from it, but it crossed my mind still to this day. I knew that we needed to talk about it, but not right now.
"Mom, we had an assembly at school. It was about abuse and assault and things like that. I got really scared and I ran out of the room, I tried to make it seem like I was sick, but I wasn't. It was triggering me. I hate talking about it. Having it described, I remember the pain of when they hurt me. Kylie asked me if I was assaulted, and I said it, it's not that serious. I don't want to lie to them Mom, but I don't want to tell them that it happened. It's private for me. She even texted me and I had to say it wasn't that. What's wrong with me?"
"I know this isn't helpful, but it might be okay to lie in this instance. That's a really really private situation, but there are better ways to go about it if you know what I mean. I'll never tell you this again before I start a bad habit, but you have to believe the lie you're telling, and you can say this one time it isn't serious, but-"
"I do plan on telling them, Mom. Just not now."
"I hear you. I really do. And, in the morning we can talk about it more if you'd like."
"In the morning?" I nodded as she rested her head into my lap.
"Are we really going upstate for the weekend?"
"Yes, if you're not feeling up to it you can stay back with Toni."
"No, I want to go Mom."
"Alright, I need you to pack 2 days worth of clothing, a bathing suit, and some good shoes." She was drifting off into her sleep, I could see it.
"I'll help you." I chose 3 pairs of jeans that she approved. She chose some shirts and undergarments, and two sneakers.
"Go to bed sweetheart." I tucked her in a have her kiss.
"Love you."
"Love you too Mom." I turned off the lights and went downstairs. From the dining room, I saw my fiancé and my youngest daughter watch tv together.
"Mommy, come watch with us!"

Pt. 2 coming out~