Hey...We're Worried!

Lunch
"Bella, are you okay?" I didn't respond and just ate my salad. I didn't feel good so I didn't want to eat too much.
"Bella, what's wrong?"
"You can tell us." Axel stared at me and so did Brayden.
"I'm okay." I got up and left the café in tears. I went down the hallway and I happened to see my homeroom teacher.
"Bella, What are you doing here?"
"Nothing." She saw the look on my face and told me to come with her.
"I'm okay. I'm just going to go do something." I went into the bathroom and closed my eyes. I just couldn't. And I didn't want to talk about it with anyone. It's just hurting me to even think of at this point.
**********
My Office (Olivia's Perspective)
"We've been increasingly worried about Bella. Her grades are slowly slipping and she isn't talking to anyone. She's suddenly becoming the talk of the 6th grade, in both a negative and positive way."
"I'll make sure to talk to her today as I'm picking her up."
"Actually, if it's possible you can pick Bella up right now. She's in the psychiatrist's office as we speak. She's allowed to go home since she's in such distress."
"Alright, I'll pick Bella up." I got off the phone and went to go get my daughter. This was her second panic attack in such a short time and I was going to take her straight to her therapist. When I made it to the school Bella came to me.
"Mom, can I please go home?"
"Yes sweetheart, let's go." Bella clung onto me as we left the building and got into the car.
"Mommy. I really want to tell you something."
"Can it wait for just a few minutes until I get you some food you look hungry."
"I wanna tell you now. Please, Mom." I pulled over, parked and went over to the back seat quickly. My daughter rested her head in my lap and I rubbed her side carefully as to not panic her again.
"Mom, I feel disgusting."
"Why do you feel disgusting?" She covered her face with her hands and I sat her up, realizing the seriousness of the conversation. I needed to hear her voice her flashback, or whatever induced it.
"I saw..him."
"Who? Who, Bella?" She started to have another panic attack and it hurt my heart so badly to see my daughter in so much pain.
"One of them."
"Bella, who? You've got to be specific."
"One of the guys who raped me. You didn't get them all."
"We didn't?"
"Obviously not. I don't want to go to school. He keeps following me when I hang out with my friends and they realize too. I can't do it, Mom."
"We're going to get him. We will."
"You said that last time and you didn't catch them all."
"Baby, I didn't know. We were only able to catch the men that were there when we came. I'm going to the precinct right now to start working on this. Trust and believe we'll get him."
"I have to go to school?"
"I'll tell you the plan, don't worry about it right now. Right now I'm focusing on dropping you off to therapy, you've had two panic attacks today and we need to tell her that it's your third in the last couple of days."
"I'm hungry Mom."
"I'll have Amanda get you food. Don't worry babe."
**************
Therapy (Bella's Perspective)
"Three panic attacks in the last few days?"
"Yes. I'm scared."
"Would you like to tell me why?"
"Yes, please. For the past few school days, one of the people who assaulted me..has been following me. I've been having nightmares."
Flashback
I wanted some hot chocolate after school before Aunty Amanda picked me up. I was walking to Starbucks and I felt the presence of someone not so nice. The person walked up and I realized it was Derick. Derick used to come to the warehouse A LOT. He always came to me and it made me feel so uncomfortable and I was always in pain when he was done with me.
"Long time. No see." He touched my shoulder and then walked away. He was testing me. Scaring me, trying to control me. And you know what? It was working. I cried silently as I walked into Starbucks.
"Bella, what's wrong?" Amanda beat me there.
"Nothing."

"Bella?"
"I'm sorry. But he's been like coming really close to me and touching my shoulders."
"That isn't okay. Have you told your mother about these encounters?"
"No, I never said that he touched me or anything. She'd get really upset."
"You should tell her Bella."
"I will. Right now she's in her mode though. When she comes I'll tell her. I promise." I ate a snack for a moment before speaking again.
"How can I stop these panic attacks? How can I stop the flashbacks."
"Bella, you have PTSD. Remember we all sat down and talked about it. You could start medication whenever you want. No one is going to pressure you."
"Medication is drugs."
"Well, not in the way that you're talking about. There's nothing wrong with taking medication if you need it, honey."
"I don't want to do that. Ever."
"We respect that. But there's nothing wrong with it."
"I know," I said quietly.
**************
The Break Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"He what?!" Bella backed up a bit and sat down.
"Why didn't you tell me about this? Why didn't you tell Amanda when you saw her?!"
"I'm sorry. But I was afraid that you'd get mad like you are right now. I hate it when you're angry. You look like you're going to burst." I took a small breath and really internalized what my daughter was saying to me. I didn't want her to be afraid of my reactions to her issues and feel the need to hide serious things from me.
"I'm not going to be angry with you, and I never was mad with you. So I'm going to be calm because I know it's best for this situation."
"Thanks, Mom."
"Bella, how did he touch you? Was it inappropriately?"
"No, just my shoulders. I'm sorry Mom."
"It's okay, I'm not upset with you. Honey darling, it's my fault for not being a better mother."
"What do you mean? You're a great Mom."
"If I was home more often I would've realized something was up."
"Mom, don't blame yourself. As you would say, it isn't anyone's fault." My daughter was right again. Her maturity in this situation was outstanding. This kid doesn't disappoint me at all.
"Mom, it's okay!" We hugged and Aunty Amanda came in.
"Liv, we've got something." I rushed to the squad room to hear the new details.
"I was able to connect the guy that we're looking for several reports of stalking on all of the boroughs."
"So Bella wasn't the only girl he was checking up on."
"A report was made by Anastasia Petrov. The mother of Anya Petrov who was kidnapped, raped, and beaten."
"Alright, go."
"Lieutenant Benson."
"Chief."
"Can we take this to your office?"
"One second, my daughter is in there. Bella, come outside for a second baby." She came outside and greeted my chief.
"Last time I saw you you were this tall. You're becoming a fine young lady."
"Thank you, sir."
"Bella, why don't you go eat your lunch. How does that sound."
"Can I get chocolate?" I dug into my pocket and gave my daughter three dollars.
"Enjoy yourself." We went into my office and Dodds started to speak.
"Given the nature and your personal connection to this case, I think it's best that you take some time off until the investigation is over."
"But Chief-"
"No buts, we'll find the prick who've hurt these girls and your daughter. Go home and make sure she's okay. We've got it covered."
**************
Mom's Bedroom (Bella's Perspective)
"Mom?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm feeling a bit better."
"That's amazing my love. Are you ready to eat some lunch? You haven't been eating much lately."
"No. Can we talk?"
"Of course, what's going on?"
"When will I be able to go back to school?"
"When I and your therapist think you're fully ready."
"I miss my friends and our hot chocolate dates."
"I know you do babe. But, we're doing this for you. So that you can be better. So that your mental health will be better than ever before. Understand?"
"Yes. May I have tea?"
"What's up with you and tea lately?"
"It's relaxing."
"Alright, make me a cup too. Lucy is picking up Leia boo and Noah is coming home now."
"Bliss, isn't it Mom?"
"You took the words right out of my mouth. You know me very well." We started to watch some tv and it was fun. Usually, my Mom's outside busting perps but today we're here being normal and talking to each other about our favorite characters. Though I miss school quite a bit, I love being home with Mom and having her attention for like 8 hours a day.
"Mom, we should hang out a lot more often."
"We should bear, we should." She kissed my forehead and we continued to watch our show until my siblings came home.