Mistaken

Wednesday, February 10th (Trevor Day School) (Leia's Perspective)
"Leia, step outside with me please." This is so unfair! I didn't even do anything! Why am I getting in trouble? Justin B. Was throwing rubber bands all over the place, and one hit me on the side of my head! It really hurt! So I picked it up and looked at it. That's when he said I threw them! But it was not me. I was really angry.
"Leia, why are you being naughty and throwing rubber bands at other students?"
"I am not. Justin is throwing them. I only had one in my hand because it hit me. I even have a mark on my face." I showed her the mark and she tilted her head.
"I didn't do it, Mrs.Dubois."
"How did you know you had a mark there if you can't see it?"
"I could feel it." I don't even get in trouble so why was she acting like my Mommy when I steal the fruit snacks?
"I didn't do it. It's him. He's hurting people."
"Okay, go inside young lady, I'll deal with this after class." Why didn't she believe me?
**************
Times Square-42nd Street (7th Ave) (Noah's Perspective)
"I'm here Noah!" Bella said happily. She was here because she was going to hang out with Morgan and I for a bit.
"Morgan!" She ran to hug her before giving me one too.
"Where's Jake?"
"Hey, I'm here." We were all going to go to Chipotle because Bella and Morgan insisted. I thought this would be a good time to get to know him better, I mean my sister does like the guy, and she doesn't like guys unless they're really nice, she doesn't trust all of them. That's what she told me. Elliot also told me to find out if they did anything because he and Mom think that they made out or something. Well...if I'm being honest, I just want to know for myself.
"Omg, he's so cute. You have good taste!" Morgan jabbed her side before Bella eyed her in embarrassment.
"Sorry, jeez. My name is Morgan, we've met before but just giving a free refresher."
"Nice to see you again."
"You don't have to be formal, it's okay dude. Let's go to chipotle and get some grub. Then you two can tell us your entire love story."
"There's no love story," Bella said while rolling her eyes. She held onto Jake's arm and told him about something I couldn't hear.
"She really likes him, she's usually constantly talking to me, but not with him around. You said your parents made you do this?" I even have Morgan believing that as well...
"Kind of. They think that Bella and him did something. But I doubt it because you would've known."
"That's fair. Plus, Bella is too shy to be that bold. She likes him, but I think that kind of stuff scares her." Morgan said before blinking twice.
"Why are you guys talking about me?" She asked. Jake looked scared.
"So you didn't care to get to know him, did you? Come on, Jake. Let's go get Chipotle near home." She said angrily.
"I did signal to you."
"Not now, come on we have to go follow her. She's pissed off and might actually do something out of spite."
*************
(Maggie's Ice Cream Parlor) (East 68th Street & York Ave.) (Bella's Perspective)
"I'm sorry you had to hear that," I said while breaking the silence.
"No it's okay, I feel worse for you. I bet you're really embarrassed."
"Trust me, I am." I stared down at my bowl of ice cream.
"I'm sorry about my brother and his girlfriend. He's not normally like that, neither is she. If I had known they were just trying to pry information from me to give to Mom, I wouldn't have taken you."
"It's okay, I get it. Siblings are embarrassing. And from what I hear Noah's actually pretty cool. It's okay, I'm fine. More importantly, why does your Mom think we kissed?"
"Well to be fair, we almost did."
"That's true, so you're not exactly wrong. But why?"
"Because I acted weird after the party. So they thought something had happened. And then the post."
"Did you ever find out who snitched?"
"No, I didn't." I froze. Wait, Noah had to check up on me to make sure I didn't kiss Jake. He saw my post, only my personal friends were allowed to see it, plus Noah and some of his friends. Only he could've snitched, and that's why she never told me who it was.
"What's wrong?!"
"Actually, I think I know."
"Who?"
"Noah, only he could've told." He thought about it as well.
"You're right, holy shit. Why would he do that?"
"Because, he's a Momma's boy, plus he wants to stay on Mom's good side after dating Morgan behind her back."
"So what are you going to do?" He asked.
"Well, I'm thinking about ripping up his baseball cards or dirtying his shoes. And then, messing up his room. But I won't do that. I'm mad at both of them." I frowned.
"Want to know how to really make Noah upset?" Jake asked while putting his arm around me.
"How?"
"Delete all of his saves on his favorite game. Trust me, it'll hurt." I laughed quietly at the idea.
"What are you going to do about your Mom?" I shrugged my shoulders.
"I don't know, I'm disappointed in her, she just keeps proving my point."
***************
Thursday, February 11th (7:30 PM) (Home Sweet Home) (Olivia's Perspective)
"I'm ready for dinner," Leia said happily. She was helping me make the mashed potatoes and it was making her very hungry.
"It's about finished baby girl, sprinkle some more cheese on there."
"And parsley too, like Gordon Ramsay."
"What do you know about Gordon Ramsay?" I asked with a chuckle.
"He's a chef and he uses a lot of ingredients!"
"It's because she watches some of his shows with me," Noah added.
"Yeah, and we laugh when he does funny things." Their sibling bond is so cute. I took the chicken out of the oven and turned off the stove. Noah set the table and Leia helped.
"Leia, I thought you told Bella to come downstairs and help with dinner."
"I did, but maybe she forgot." Forgot. Hm.
"Can we eat now?"
"In a second, I'm going to go get Bella." I walked up the three flights of stairs to Bella's room and walked inside.
"Bella, it's dinnertime. Are you doing homework?" She picked up her notebook and wrote in it.
"Bella, can you hear me? It's time for dinner." She put on her headphones and picked up a math worksheet. Ah, I get it. She's giving me the silent treatment.
"Bella, did I do something to upset you? Because if I did, I'd like to know. I haven't seen you in a day and-" She carried her work and went into her bathroom, where she then locked the door.
"You know, I'm not going to go away. It isn't that simple. Your siblings are downstairs waiting for you, we can't have dinner without you." I sighed and left her bedroom.
"Is Bella coming?"
"No, she's doing her homework. Let's eat." I talked to Leia and Noah about their day and I just couldn't stop smiling.
"It started to fizz and we had to evacuate it was crazy."
"That's a science experiment gone wrong!" Leia stated.
"That's correct!" I kissed her and she giggled.
"Dinner would be better if Bella was here, but homework is important, right Mom?"
"Yes, very important."
*******************
Later That Night (9:47 PM) (Our Family Room) (Bella's Perspective)
"Bella, I hope you ate dinner." I didn't answer.
"Can I at least get a thumbs up or down? That would help." Mom sighed.
"Bella, did I upset you?"
"Yes." My eyes watered.
"I know that I have a mental illness, and I know that I was raped. But, can you just act like I'm normal for once? And, can you not lie to me?" I began to cry. I paused and attempted to swallow the tears before speaking again.
"Because that really hurts my feelings." Mom looked taken aback.
"I've controlled my anxiety, and I've been dealing with the aftermath of what happened for years now, I feel a lot better, and  it's like you don't want me to."
"Bella, that isn't true, why are you saying that?"
"Because you sent Noah to figure out if I kissed Jake. And he embarrassed me in front of him. Mom, why would you do that?" She looked confused.
"Honey, I would never ask Noah to do something like that, ever. I'd just ask you myself. Now, do I think that you kissed him? A little." I couldn't help but laugh there.
"But, I'd never send Noah out to figure it out. That's probably his own doing. Honey, I'm sorry that happened." She looked sincere.
"But what about you treating me like a baby then, over the post." She sighed.
"Bella, kids who are sexually abused tend to act out sexually when they become teens, I was scared that, that was happening to you. I worry every day I send you out of this house, I worry every day at work, whether or not you're feeling alright. I just want you to be okay, and I can see that you're working towards that . But, the worry is still there. Mama's sorry that she made you feel stifled, it was never my intention to make you feel that way."
"I forgive you." She wiped my tears and kissed me.
"But what about Noah?" I asked.
"WHO DELETED ALL OF MY SAVE FILES?? THAT TOOK YEARS?!"
"I can see you handled that already." We both chuckled.
"Bella honey, why didn't you communicate this to me rather than giving me the silent treatment?!"
"I was just so fixated on the fact that you betrayed me after the talk, I went into full rage mode. I'm sorry, that was stupid of me."
"It's alright, come on, let's go watch that show you were telling me about."
"Really?"
"Yes, really. Now hurry up before I change my mind." I need to have more faith when it comes to Mom. She isn't trying to hurt me. But wait-
"Mom, Noah is the one that told you, right?"
"Yes, he told me, but he did it on accident, really. He didn't tell you?"
"No. I just figured it out."
"Well, seems like he deserved you messing up his video game."
"Mom!" I laughed. I feel better now.

A/N: Thank you so much for 10k! Writing this book as been so much fun! Thanks for all of the love!