Procrastination

Kay Jewelry (Elliot's Perspective)
I didn't want the kids to feel left out in this amazing process. I don't want any hard feelings between me and Liv's kids because if she says yes, which I hope she does, I want us to be a family. I want there to be between trust between the four of us. Mutual respect.
"I think Mom would like this one," Noah said.
"That one looks a tad bit ugly Noah."
"It's for Mom not for you."
"I know that. Never mind."
"Let's not argue, guys." Leia was sleepy so I held her as we walked through the store. I talk to the associates about the rings and eventually, we had our eyes on two rings.
"Personally, I think the oval is really pretty and like feminine. But what about a black ring?" Bella suggested.
"A black engagement ring?"
"Yeah, you know Safia on youtube? She had a black engagement ring!"
"Oh yeah, that video you showed me. El, I think you should do that because it would be unique!"
"That doesn't sound too bad of an idea. But it would be hard to find." We went to talk to the associates again and they happened to have one singular ring left in stock.
"That's a lot of money."
"You must really love our Mom to be spending thousands.."
"I love her more than I could possibly imagine. I'd do anything on the planet to make her happy."
"You're a good man El." Bella smiled at me and I felt glad to have been accepted so quickly by her kids. It feels like everything in my life is finally falling into place. Now, I just needed to figure out how to propose......
************
The Kitchen (Olivia's Perspective)
"Happy Birthday!" Leia sleepily ran towards me and I gave her a tickle!
"Thank you, Mama! Thank you, El. Where's my sister?"
"In the bathroom. She's coming, and we'll all have breakfast?"
"I can open my presents?"
"Yes, after you eat something. I made your favorite. French toast with the vanilla sauce!"
"I like vanilla sauce! Thank you!" I picked up my daughter and showed her the fruits on the table as well.
"Happy, Happy birthday! I love you so much, sweetheart!"
"I love you to the sun and back."
"Do you love Elliot too?" I asked innocently.
"To the moon."
"Aww!"
"Leia, I bought you something!"
"I like Noah's presents! And Bella's too!" I was elated. I was celebrating my daughter's 5th birthday and she's grown so much since her adoption! Her speech has gotten so much better and I was able to help her (along with our wonderful therapist) move on from her traumatizing experience. I'm so blessed to have to opportunity to raise another beautiful child and I thank God for this wonderful experience.
"Happy birthday baby Lei."
"Am I your favorite baby?"
"Of course. You're my sister and I love you more than anyone."
"Even Kylie?"
"Yes. Blood is thicker than water."
"What does that mean?" Leia asked.
"It means that the love you have for your family is stronger than the love you have for your friends."
"That makes me happy! Can we eat now?" We all laughed and Leia went to go sit at her special chair.
"So what's the plan for today?" Elliot asked.
"Can we go to the place where you make your own cake? Then, we can get lunch at Olive Garden. Then we go to the park! Then dinner in Brooklyn! Then roller skating."
"That sounds like a lot to do in one day, Leia."
"How about we shorten it, sweetheart? Let's go to the place, roller skating in the park, some toy shopping and then Dinner at Olive Garden."
"I like that!"
"After breakfast I want everyone to hit the showers if they haven't already." Bella was already dressed for the day so I wasn't speaking to her.
"Bella, have you done all of your chores?"
"Yeah," She quietly finished her food and went upstairs.
"You know, Bella has really started to calm down lately."
"I believe she's starting to mature a bit. It's wonderful to see but I also miss her bouts of energy as a kid."
***************
Taste Buds Kitchen (Leia's Perspective)
"What kind of cupcake do you want to decorate my love?"
"Can I decorate the cookies and cream one? It looks delicious!"
"Alright, and what kind of cake?"
"Mommy, look at the cakes."
"They like scrumptious! Choose one cake that you really like."
"Strawberry cake with the confetti please!"
"Alright!"
"El, are you gonna help me put the icing on?"
"Of course. Do you know what color you want?"
"Pink, and white and something else." I looked at him and then giggled.
"What's so funny?"
"You."
"Mom, I don't want to do the cake. I only want to do the cupcakes."
"Bella, it's a group effort. We're all going to help ice the cake." Mommy touched Bella's cheek and made her worried face.
"Is something the matter?" I looked at the big cake and giggled.
"No, I just want to be alone."
"Alright, just ice a cupcake. When we get home we need to speak."
"Mommy, look at my cake."
"It looks scrumptious! So what icing are we gonna use first?"
"Pink for the sides! Bella, come and help us do it." I know Bella was sad but I wanted her to help us do the cake.
"Bella, please." She came over quietly and helped.
"Bella, what is the issue?"
"I said it's nothing." She iced come of the sides. She looked grumpy.
"Why are you grumpy?"
"I'm not. Noah, pass me the white icing I want to do little dollops."
"It's all good! Yay, look it looks beautiful." Everyone our icing on the cake and I was happy. I was having a really happy birthday today!
***********
Olive Garden (Bella's Perspective)
"Make a Wish!"
"I made a very good wish. I wished for a teddy bear."
"Really?"
"Yeah. One that talks and has a voice! A build a Bear!" Today was my half-sister's birthday and I loved her so much. However, I was having a hard time enjoying it. I just wanted to be alone. I gave my sister a hug and she smiled at me.
"Bella's all better!" I looked down at my dress then looked up.
"Bella, what is it honey?" Elliot asked me. Why did he have to be so loud about it?! Everyone at the table was staring at me and it just made it worse. I was ruining my sisters birthday. What kind of a sister am I?
"I'm going to the bathroom." I walked through the restaurant to the restroom and I just looked at myself in the mirror. I just felt gross and disgusting and I didn't know why. I just wanted to be left alone. I'm so selfish, it isn't even my day today.
"Hey, are you okay?" I turned around and a random lady was looking at me.
"I'm alright."
"Okay, you looked ready to cry. Are you sure?" "I'm sure." After she left I locked myself in the stall. Just for a few minutes of alone time.
"Bella?"
"Mom, I'm fine."
"Sweetheart, I hear you. But, you've been so quiet today."
"Mom, I just want to be alone. I just don't feel good."
"Being a tween is hard. I get it. You have your days where you just want to be alone and you feel gross. As soon as you get home I want you to take care of yourself, but right now Leia needs you. She's counting on her big sister to make her giggle. Can you do that for me?" I opened the stall and nodded.
"I knew I could count on you. And when we get home, you can tell me why you feel that way. Fair?"
"Yeah."
"Bella! Come! Noah said that when you were little you peed on the floor."
"Well, he's a liar because that never happened."
"Yes it did, you were crying and everything."
"Mom, did that happen?"
"Not that I remember. I definitely would've remembered that. But, I did remember the time Bella hit her head on the coffee table. She was very upset."
"I got the biggest bump. It looked like a chicken egg Leia."
"That's so silly! Mommy, El, this was my favorite birthday! It was very funny! I can't wait for my party!"
***************
Liv's House (Elliot's Perspective)
It was after 11 on this cool summer night. I toyed with the ring. I love Olivia with all my heart, yet I couldn't find the courage to propose. What if she doesn't want to marry me? How will that affect everything?
"Hey," Bella sat next to me and looked at the ring.
"What's wrong?"
"I'm thinking,"
"Worried huh? The other day I was talking to her privately about marriage. You know what she said?"
"What?"
"That she'd love to marry you. She was blushing! Just propose! Love is love!"
"What are you doing awake?"
"I couldn't sleep. Just propose to my mom already!"

A/N: I'm working extremely hard on the next chapter. It'll probably be up late like this one! I want it to be as special as possible. Thanks!

🌟She's Special🌟On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara