Occupied

Friday, November 2nd (Bella's Perspective)
I was fresh out of dance class and walking back home to my house. I had my headphones in and I was listening to Drake (one of my favorites) and imagining what to eat for dinner. I knew Mom and Dad wouldn't be home today, and that Lucy would be home. Maybe we could order something? I hope we're not doing healthy Friday's again. They'll be the death of me!
Amanda: Hey babe, how do feel about hanging out with me tomorrow?

I haven't seen Amanda in a while. I don't go to the precinct much anymore. I've actually seen Jesse and Billie more. They come over to our house quite a bit and I help watch Billie whenever she comes over. Jesse and I usually watch Netflix and do crafts. It's her thing. Billie loves it whenever I play dolls with her. Easy stuff. It's been cool lately now that Jesse can relate to some of the stuff I like since we're close in age. But back to Amanda, we really haven't done much together lately.
Me: I would love to! What's the plan?!
Amanda: It's a surprise.
Me: I have a love-hate relationship with your surprises. I hate waiting, but love the outcome!
Amanda: Well, you'll love this one. Be ready for 11 tomorrow, we have to make this quick because your Mom said you guys have a dinner reservation with the Jansen's.
Me: Cool! I can't wait!

"Bella, you came just in time. Our food should be here soon." Lucy said.
"Bella! Hi, Bella!" I gave Leia a hug and a kiss.
"Hi Lei!"
"Bella, I missed you when you were gone. Because I love you more than anyone!"
"Aww! I missed you too. Lucy, could we talk later?"
"Of course."
"I'm gonna go shower and start my night routine."
"Is everything a routine with you girls?" Noah asked.
"Eh. Not everything. Noah quit being so boring."
"When you quit talking to Jake all night." I rolled my eyes and continued upstairs. Dance makes me feel all hot and sweaty so I instantly went into the shower.
"Should I shave today?" I asked myself. I then found myself shaving my legs and spending way too long in the shower.
"Bella, I already ate dinner! But yours is there! I just wanted to tell you!" Leia yelled from behind the bathroom door.
"Bella, can I come in?" I slid on my pants and shirt.
"Mhm, come in."
"It smells like teenager." She said.
"How can it smell like teenager?"
"Because you're using PINK soap! Mommy said that's a teen store." I laughed quietly.
"Well, I guess it makes sense."
"Let's go. You need to eat dinner!"
"Alright, let's go Leia boo."
**************
Saturday Afternoon (November 3rd) (Amanda's Perspective)
"That looks really cute, I think you should get it!" I suggested.
"Really? I think it'd look weird on me."
"Doesn't hurt to try."
"You're not wrong, Aunty."
"So Bella, how's school been?"
"Okay, but kind of weird at the same time."
"Why?"
"A lot of things are happening this year. I think that's why."
"Like what?"
"Well for starters...there was a heck of a lot of confessing...and now things feel weird with the whole high school application thing. I don't know. Weird, weird, weird!" Bella said with a smile.
"Confessing?! About what?!"
" 'Manda..." Bella said with a red face.
"I'm guessing you did the confessing?"
"Well..only like 50 percent of it."
"Who did the other fifty?" She stayed silent.
"Bella, I know you heard me." She shuffled through the rack of clothes while giggling silently. I think it's cute honestly. Knowing Bella since she was about 5 years old, seeing her grow up over the years has been amazing, seeing her change from being the little girl who would come in and greet us with donuts, to the young lady who knows her worth, and is brave, and determined to meet her personal goals, and now the young lady who is beginning to feel attraction for others.
"I'm done with the conversation it got really weird. Can we talk about this later?" She said in between laughter.
"Why won't you tell me now?"
"Because you're probably gonna go back and tell Fin or Carisi and I don't need them hounding me. They're gonna scare all of the guys away!" We both laughed and went to the cash register.
"Well, you're not wrong. But I won't tell, I promise."
"Or you'll try to not tell. Which one is it Aunty?"
"I'll try." She gave me a hug.
"But, I trust you though! You've never told Mom about the secrets I don't want her knowing. I just, this whole situation with this person, it hits different, I wanna really internalize and see how things go before we talk about the conversation we had. Things have been different ever since." Mature. When did she get this mature?!
"That's fair. How do you feel about turning 13 next month?"
"Since I was like 9 I wanted to turn 13 so bad, but now I don't know. Because turning 13 means that I'm a teen now and I'm not really a kid, and from what I see in high school... it's very interesting... You know the high-schoolers in my school do drugs?"
"They do?"
"Yeah, I saw it once. It sent a chill through my spine. But, it made me promise myself to never do drugs. Or at least try not to."
"What does that mean?!" I said seriously.
"I was just joking." She replied.
"Don't joke like that."
"Sorry. It's just how I deal with the pain sometimes. Knowing my Mom and Dad did drugs. It's like numbing gel on a wound." She's still hurting.
"I'm sorry honey."
"It's okay. It isn't your fault. It isn't anyone's. I'm fine." She said with a small smile. We left the clothing store.
"Amanda, I'm starving!" She told me with a smile steadily creeping up on her face.
"Let's get something to eat then!" I gave her a hug and a kiss and we then walked to my car.
**************
November 4th (Manhattan) (Elliot's Perspective)
"Hey, El!" I was picking Bella up from her therapy session.
"Leia boo!" Leia was with me as well. Bella bent down and gave her sister a big hug and a kiss.
"Bella, we're gonna go for a snack! Would you like that?"
"I'd love it."
"And I wanna tell you all about my day with Daddy, we had a lot of fun!"
"I can tell, look at all the toys you got."
"It's because I'm an angel!" I laughed.
"Let's go girls."
"Hey, Dad?"
"Mhm?"
"You're gonna be home, right?"
"I am. Why?"
"Is it okay if Jake comes over?"
"Why? Do you guys have a project?"
"No. We just wanna hang out! I told him about the cool snack drawer in my room, we agreed on watching movies!"
"Well, you don't have school so why not? But, we have even more snacks in the basement."
"Yeah, there's Hershey bars Bella!" Leia pointed out.
"Exactly, your sister has the right idea!" Bella crossed her arms.
"Bella, you know you can't have any boys in your room. We talked about that. It isn't appropriate."
"But Dad, it's not like we're gonna do anything crazy."
"Bella, we're not arguing about this. The rule is no boys in your room. You either take the deal or leave it."
"Okay." She said quietly.
"Let's go to Starbucks guys!" I fixed Leia's hat.
"Daddy, can I go to Bailey's house?"
"I'll ask Mommy about it."
"Yay! And Dad, tomorrow when I wake up, I'm gonna make you breakfast. Would you like that?"
"I would love that."
"It's gonna be so yummy! You're gonna be so shocked!" Leia told me excitedly.
"Dad, Dad, Daddy?"
"Yes, honey?"
"I'm excited! Can't you tell?!"
"We can definitely tell," Bella explained.
"How can you tell?" She flashed her crazy eyes and hopped along the sidewalk.
"Did you give her-"
"Please don't tell Liv." We both watched Leia as she stopped at the curb.
"Dad, can we have more candy? More? Please!!"
"No more, you're already getting something at Starbucks pumpkin."
"Daddy, can I have a piggyback ride? I wanna feel like I'm on top of the entire world! Please?!" Bella laughed at me as I picked her up.
"This is so cool!"
"Have fun with that.." She told me. I ruffled her hair and she adjusted her backpack. We went inside Starbucks and ordered some drinks.
"This is pretty cool. It's tasty too." Leia said.
"No more sugar after that. I don't want Mommy to get mad at us."
"Yeah, she would be mad and sad. Daddy, let's sit at the table." And so the girls and I talked and we had some good conversations. I learned that Leia really wants to have a pet dolphin. I'm not sure how that would work out.
"Daddy, we could have it in the living room. And I'd feed it every morning."
"I don't think there's enough space, honey."
"Well, then I always have Acey and Ryan! They're good boys! Right Bella?"
"They definitely are."

A/N: super special 100th chapter coming out soon! Thank you so much for reading! 💜