Lies & Guilt

3 Weeks Later
I just arrived home from work. Leia was sleeping in her bedroom soundly. I sat on the bed and rubbed her head slowly.
"Sweet girl."
"Mommy." She said I'm her sleep. She smiled and spoke again.
"Be with Mommy forever." I smiled and watched her sleep. I worried for her, I did. I thank Toni for telling me about her mother's plans. I checked the time on my watch that read 6:45 am. She would wake up soon, and I would have to have the conversation with her that I dreaded to have. Ever since Shelia I really haven't been comfortable with sending my kids off to their relatives. I realized though that it isn't fair to Bella and Leia. Their grandmother seems like a nice woman that just wants to know her grandbabies. Leia shuffled and woke up. She smiled at me and gave me a hug.
"Hi, Mommy."
"Hi, sleep well?"
"Yes, I dreamed about you."
"You did?"
"Yes, I dreamed of being with you forever. And being with Auntie."
"Leia, Mommy wants to talk to you about something. Is that okay?" She nodded and looked at me.
"Today, you're going to your Grandma's house for a few hours."
"But I don't want to."
"Leia, if you're a good sport about it today I'll take you to get a treat afterward."
"Do you promise?"
"Yes, I promise. As long as you're a good sport I'll buy you a treat."
"I really wanted to go to Bailey's house today."
"I know baby, you can go tomorrow."
"Really?"
"Yeah, be a good girl for me. Okay? Don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable or sad. If something happens, you can tell Mommy. Don't keep it a secret."
"Yes, Mommy."
**************
Grandma's House (Leia's Perspective)
I was drawing in my coloring book and Grandma was helping me.
"Are mermaids your favorite?"
"Yes, I like them a lot. Ariel is my favorite." I really didn't want to be at this house. But I promised Mommy that I'd be good. She was going to give me a treat.
"Why is Ariel your favorite princess?"
"I just like her singing." I finished coloring and she looked at me quietly.
"So how is it at Mommy's house?" She's confusing me.
"I'm sorry, I don't understand."
"What are the rules like at Mommy's house?" I don't like these kinds of questions. Why is she asking about Mommy Livia?
"Well...you can't yell. You have to be kind to others, and that's it."
"Does Mommy ever yell at you, or hit you?"
"She only yells if I'm being bad and she puts me in timeout."
"Hm. Timeout. Do you have timeout a lot?"
"No. Mommy doesn't always give time out. But Mommy's nice and I love her more than anyone else in the whole world."
"Is that so? Do you love Grandma too?" No. I don't love Grandma.
"A little." I lied. I don't love Grandma for asking me uncomfortable questions. She made me lie too. I want my Mommy.
"Your Mommy is coming soon. Go put your shoes on my love." Don't call me that. Icky.
"Yes, Grandma," Mommy says that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it all. It's really hard to not say these things out loud. But I'm not allowed to say rude things. I don't want to get in trouble and Mommy won't give me a treat. I really wanna go home.
*************
Picking Up Lei (Olivia's Perspective)
"How was it? Did you have fun?" Leia didn't answer and I repeated the question thinking she didn't hear.
"Lei?" She didn't answer again and I knew the answer.
"We can talk about it in the car if you'd like, on the way to get your treat." What's going on with Lei?! We got into the car and I started to drive over the Brooklyn bridge. Lei didn't speak a single word and I was deciding whether or not to go straight home or get the treat first. But I was wary of a meltdown in public.
"Babe, we're going to go straight home and then get the treat. Okay?" She nodded and I blew her a kiss.
"I love you." She made a heart quietly and I smiled. It was a sign that she wasn't too upset. I wondered what happened over there to cause her to be so sad and quiet. Maybe it isn't a good environment for her. 30 minutes later we were home and we sat down in the living room together.
"Hey, is something the matter?" She burst out into tears and I gave her a squeeze.
"You can tell me what happened."
"I lied!" She said in tears.
"You lied? What honey?"
"She asked me questions about you and I lied to her about loving her. I was bad." She admitted.
"Oh baby, it's okay. What questions did she ask about me? You can tell me, baby."
"She asked what were the rules in this house and if you're mean to me. And she asked if I loved her and I lied and said I did. But I don't, she doesn't like you too much Mommy. She wanted me to sleep over there!"
"Oh no, I'm so sorry sweetheart. I'm so sorry."
"Mommy, I'm sorry I lied."
"Baby, I'm not upset. But promise Mommy that you won't lie anymore."
"I won't." God bless her innocent soul.
"Leia, I'm so proud of you for still trying to be respectful. Very proud."
"Can I have a kiss?"
"Yes, you can have a million kisses."
"I'm ticklish you can't do that!" She giggled loudly and Elliot came inside.
"El!" She ran into his arms and gave him a hug.
"I missed you in the Bahamas!"
"You did?"
"Yeah, and Eli. Hi Eli."
"Hey."
"Elliot, you didn't tell me you were coming this early."
"It was meant to be a surprise."
"Eli, I feel like every time I see you you're taller than before." I gave him a hug and Leia went into the living room to play with her toys.
"You know Lei, I have a present for you."
"Present?" He handed her the gift and she opened it.
"Thank you! I like it. I'm going to go color with them!"
"Not on the couch, please! Thanks, Elliot. She was really down earlier. She needed that gift."
"How come?"
"I think we should talk about that in private. Leia, are you hungry?"
"A little bit Mommy."
"I'll start dinner. Where are Bella and Noah."
"Bella is dancing, and Noah is with his girlfriend."
"Girlfriend?"
"Yeah, Morgan. She's a girl and his friend."
"Baby, that's not what it means."
"Then why is it called a girlfriend then?"
"That's actually a great question sweetheart. I don't know the answer." Leia looked at me cutely and then ran downstairs to the basements.
"What's the plan?"
"How about the four of us go out for dinner?"
"That sounds lovely."
************
Dinner (Leia's Perspective)
I munched on my chicken tender and looked around. It was a yummy chicken tender.
"This food is amazing. We should come back with everyone. It'd be a nice time to get together."
"It would." Mommy looked at me and fed me some of her food.
"More please!"
"Leia loves it too."
"I love Mexican."
"We know that for sure," El said to me.
"Mexican is my favorite food. I like it when Mommy cooks it and makes it spicy. I love Mommy."
"So sweet. Finish your food if you want dessert."
"Brownies with ice cream?"
"Yes, and fudge."
"I love fudge."
"She's so adorable."
"You're adorable Mommy."
"Why thank you." I ate the rest of my food and drank some apple juice. I also ate my dessert and then we walked home.
"Mommy, I'm not ready for bed."
"Sweetheart, you have dance in the morning."
"How about instead of dance we go to the beach?"
"You're too silly. Let's get ready for bed. Come on."
"I'm not tired though."
"You will come on." I heard the alarm go off and Bella put down her dance bag and she had Popeyes.
"You brought me chicken?"
"No, you had dinner already Lei. Let's go downstairs my love." We went to my bathroom and I brushed my teeth and washed my face with Mommy. She read me a story and tucked me in really tight!
"I love you."
"Love you too Mommy." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and a tickle.
"I'll see you, tomorrow babe. Have very sweet dreams."
"I will dream about you again."
"You do that baby." She left and put my nightlight on so I wouldn't be scared. It's pink and it's in the shape of a doggy. I love it! I closed my eyes and snuggled my kitty and went to sleep.

A/N: I'll be updating every other day from now on. But, finally a Leia centric chapter!