Soup & Cookies

Saturday, November 31st (Olivia's Perspective)
"I love my new bedroom, Mommy! Look at all of the princesses and ballerina's!" I smiled at my young daughter.
"Is this just what you wanted?"
"Mhm! I love it!" She snuggled her stuffed animals and Bella looked around.
"Cute room."
"We saved the best for last, Bell." We went back upstairs to Bella's room and the look on her face when the door sprung open was one full of joy!
"This is so cool! The mint green wall is over by my desk and stuff and my closet is huge, and my beanbags, and my fairy lights! This couch is so cute!" She hugged the pillows and then sat on her bed.
"Thanks, Mom!"
"You're welcome. I'm glad you love it. Now come on, let's go get some ice cream downstairs." Leia ran all the way down to the garden floor happily and raced through our kitchen to the refrigerator.
"Birthday cake! Please!" Leia watched in amazement as I took out the ice cream and put it in a cone for her.
"Thank you! Can I go upstairs to the living room and eat it?"
"How about you sit at the dining table sweetie."
"Okay!" The dining room had a nice view of our tiny backyard. The windows let in so much light.
"Bella, what would you like?"
"Party cake please." Lucy came in and the girls greeted her with a hug. I had to leave to go back to work in a few minutes.
"Hey, Lucy!"
"Hey, the house is beautiful Liv."
"Thank you. The kids chose this one."
"You guys did?"
"Yep!" Leia licked her ice cream and smiled.
"I have to go girls. Hugs!" The girls both gave me a hug and waved as I walked to my car. I wish Noah had been here though, I would've loved a goodbye from him. But, he was with Morgan and some friends.
******************
Times Square (Noah's Perspective)
"It looks so pretty here!" Morgan took some pictures for insta.
"It's Times Square. How is it pretty when we see it so much?"
"It just gives off good vibes. Like us walking here to find lunch, or just to talk if we weren't buying anything."
"I guess you have a point."
"It just reminds me of good memories with you. That's why I love it here. Wanna go to Chipotle?"
"Duh." We walked down the busy road and talked along the way.
"I feel so tired from volleyball these days, my arms are sore."
"Let me see. Where?"
"There." I squeezed it lightly.
"You just love messing with me!" She rolled her eyes."
"I'm so sorry Queen Morgan! Anyways, what are you guys doing during practice that's making you that sore? I can't differentiate between whether or not it's you being lazy or it actually being difficult."
"Well then. When you get home I'm going to send you everything we did. Tell me how you feel afterward you idiot." Morgan ordered our food and I went to get us a table. She came over about a minute later.
"What are you doing next weekend?"
"I have a game on Saturday and then on Sunday, I'm going to my cousin's house. Why?"
"We're going out for dinner, wanted to know if you'd come."
"I'll ask Dad."
"Where's your Mom? I haven't seen her in a while."
"I forgot to tell you....she's in London at the moment for work. She's coming back next year. We're going to visit her over Christmas. Dad misses her a lot. He's also tired of doing Kelsey's and Kamila's buns for ballet class all the time." I laughed.
"How's your brother?"
"He's good. Hasn't been home in a while though. How's everyone?"
"Great. I think the best in years honestly. I can't wait for next year, we have that trip to the resort."
"I'm looking forward to it too."
"Talk about getting the band back together." We both laughed. I like low key things like this.
**************
Monday, December 2nd (Science Class) (Bella's Perspective)
We were conducting projects today on this rather cold December morning. I was in a good mood. It was finally December! My birthday and Christmas were back to back. I had so much to look forward too. Today, we were doing one of my favorite classroom experiments, extracting DNA. This time from a kiwi. I was partnering with Ethan. We had to conduct the experiment and then answer questions for class credit. This would be easy, one because Ethan and I are good friends, two because this is so easy!
"Bella, you have the tray of kiwis?"
"Yep. Let's start mashing!" We mashed the kiwis together and talked.
"Hey, do you wanna hang out with me and the guys sometime? You can bring Hannah and Kylie."
"Totally! Are you thinking about that for your birthday?"
"That'd be a great idea. Okay, the fruits mashed we need to mix the salt and tap water now."
"Class you have 15 minutes. We'll continue this tomorrow. We need to wrap up in 5."
"The time went by quickly."
"It did. Ugh. The only reason this took so long is because it took a year for Ezekiel to hand out materials. He's such a nerd." I rolled my eyes playfully.
"Why are you so hard on him?"
"I dunno. Years of having him in my classes I guess." I let out a small laugh. We cleaned up and we just continued talking.
"Alright, I'm going to take attendance everyone!" I turned around and waved at Hannah who was busy talking to Knox but still managed to tell me hello.
"You go girl," I whispered. She covered her face with her hands and I couldn't help but laugh.
"You are dismissed." Ethan, Hannah, and I walked to the lunchroom and discussed the plans to hang out.
"What about just going downtown? We don't have to shop or anything if that's too girly for you Ethan. We can just walk around."
"That's not too bad. I actually don't mind shopping. I need to look for new vans."
"We could totally help you!" I told him ecstatically.
"Yeah, you're going to be super stylish by the time we're done."
"I'm concerned."
"Don't be! We'll have you leaving the store with zero regrets." We went to our lunch table and our friends were on line getting their lunch.
"Hey, guys! Bella, where's your boyfriend?"
"I don't have one. Second of all, I don't know where Jake is. I don't even think he's here today, I haven't seen him."
"That's weird though. I thought he'd at least tell you or me that he isn't going to be here."
"Right. Guess not." I took out my lunch bag filled with leftover chicken parm and began to eat.
"He's sick," Paxton said.
"Really?! Sick with what?!" He checked his phone secretly.
"I asked him. We gotta wait and see what he says."
"Hope he's okay," Hannah said.
"Hey, guys!" Kylie sat down next to me.
"Are you guys free after school?"
"No, not really. But why?"
"Carson wanted to know if you guys wanted to hang out." Hannah, Paisley, Hilary, and I looked at each other. We're okay with Carson, but we're not super close and for some reason, Kylie isn't getting it.
"That's sweet, but I have gym today and I cannot miss it Coach Summers said she wanted to talk to me and Hannah," I said, telling a partial lie.
"Yeah, it's about something. She didn't tell us what." What I love about Hannah is how quickly she can pick up. You can't do this with other people if you know what I mean.
"Oh alright! We can totally hang out another time!"
"Of course!" We said, lying through our teeth.
"Alright, I'm gonna go with Carson and the rest of the guys.  See you guys later."
"See ya." When she was far away I let out a huge sigh.
"Thanks, Bell. You saved us."
"Anytime. Let's finish eating, I need to call Jake before class."
"Ouuu, secret calls!" Hilary whispered with a smile.
"Stop! They're not secret! We're gonna all call and check up on him." My face felt hot and I covered it with my hands.
"You're so cute. But, we should check up on him."
*************
The Upper East Side (Jake's Perspective)
I stayed home from school today because I felt terrible. I really wanted to go. The highlight of going to school is being able to see Bella every day. It kinda sucks when I don't get to see her. I heard the doorbell ring.
"Who is that?" My mom asked.
"I'm not sure. I'll check."
"Jake, you're sick."
"It's okay. Maybe it's my shoes that you ordered." I went downstairs to the front door.
"Hey, Jake!" I was literally in the matching pajamas my Aunt Sherie has given me for Christmas.
"Hey, Bella."
"Is it okay if I come in? It's kind of cold."
"Sure! Mom, Bella's here!"
"Bella! You're getting so tall! I didn't know Jake planned for you to come over." I rolled my eyes.
"Oh no, Mrs.Romano. I heard Jake was sick so I decided to bring some chicken noodle soup and cookies. I made them before gym."
"How sweet! I made a pie this morning! Would you like some?"
"Yes please."
"What did I miss?" I asked.
"I sent it to your computer already! I could help you later. I can't stay too long. Mom's waiting on me."
"Cool. Thanks for coming."
"Don't gotta thank me. Anytime!" She gave me a hug.
"Thanks for the pie! I'm sure everyone will love it! Have a good night!"
"Thanks, same to you." She left and I watched as she walked down the road and crossed the street to walk home.
"She's such a nice girl, isn't she?"
"She is."
*************
Home (Olivia's Perspective)
"Where is Bella?" I asked. I looked at my watch and sighed.
"Just give it a minute, Mom." She probably went to buy a snack. I'm overreacting. The time was 7:15. She's like half an hour late. She could not be spending so long getting a simple snack. I heard the door unlock and Bella walk in.
"Bella Danielle Margaret Benson," I said strictly. Bella knows she's in trouble when I say her full legal name. And rarely do I ever say the Margaret part that was added when I legally adopted her.
"Hi, Mom..." Noah and Leia disappeared and Bella squirmed.
"Where were you, young lady?"
"I-" I looked Bella into the eyes and watched.
"I had to do something."
"Do what?" She went into her bag and took out the pie.
"What's the pie for?"
"Mrs.Romano gave it to me. Uh...I was over there giving Jake some cookies." She said in a scared way.
"Why didn't you tell me you were going there?"
"It was a spur of the moment kind of thing."
"Not really if you had the cookies with you to give. Bella, I was worried sick about you! You can't just be going over to people's houses like that without telling me!" Bella bowed her head. I already wasn't in the best mood considering how court went.
"Sorry, Mom."
"Don't do it again. Leia, Noah, come down for dinner." Dinner was pretty quiet.
"I like the cheese," Leia said quietly.
"Would you like more?"
"No thank you, Noah. It's okay."
"I'm finished."
"Bella, why are you in such a rush?"
"I didn't get to shower. I'm going to go do that."
"If you had come straight home then you wouldn't have to worry about that." Bella went upstairs quietly.
"Mommy, why are you angry at everything?"
"I'm not." Leia stared at me.
"You've been angry since you got home. Not just at Bella. I don't like it when you get mad."
"Okay..look, honey. I'm not mad." She shook her head and went to her bedroom.
"I'm done eating Mom. Night." Looks like I'm abandoned tonight.

A/N: TYSM for 7k 💜