Let's Not Disappoint

"Disappoint me how?"
"By not being a great sister to Leia. I just didn't want you to be disappointed. I didn't want you to know that I was struggling with that test. I didn't want to upset you."
"Bella, it's okay! It really is. Thank you for telling me. You're not a disappointment darling. I'm so proud of you. You're a great scholar and an amazing sister to your siblings. I couldn't have asked for a better kid. Come here." She gave me a hug and a kiss.
"Don't ever worry about that again. You are just perfect. I say it to myself every day."
"You're just fine. You're awesome."
"Thanks, Mom."
"Is there something that I could do to help?"
"Is Leia sleeping?"
"She isn't. Elliot, can you send Leia up please?" I heard her little footsteps as she came up the stairs and walked into the room.
"Yes, Mommy?"
"I called for you Leia."
"Sister!" I gave her a hug and I smiled.
"See? Leia, is Bella a good sister to you?"
"Yes! She always is nice to me and feeds me avocado! She's the best sister!"
"You're doing just fine Bella! And, I'm proud of you!"
************
Yogurt-Land (Noah's Perspective)
"Why did you want to come here, Morgan?" I had some of my frozen yogurt and she smiled.
"I kind of just wanted to talk to you..about stuff."
"Hit me." We both laughed and she put down her spoon.
"I've been wanting to tell you something for years. And I mean years. But I didn't know how to tell you. I thought you'd call me crazy."
"I won't. I would never." She fixed her hair and then looked down at the ground for a moment. She looks really pretty when she does that.
"I like you, Noah Benson."
"You like me?"
"Yeah. Do you-" I smiled wide and then I started to blush.
"I've felt the same for a while."
"Oh." The conversation got a bit awkward. But, in a good way. Not in a bad way.
"She nearly got her head knocked off." I laughed quietly and looked at the time. 12:14.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing, just checking the time. Making sure it's...not 2."
"Gotta be home by two, huh? Why don't we do to the bookstore by your house?"
"That'd be really nice actually,"
*************
Wang's Chinese Restaurant (Elliot's Perspective)
"Elliot, more rice please!"
"Where's Noah?"
"With Morgan."
"Well, he's super late." Bella ate her noddles and then sipped some of my pina colada.
"That is not for children!"
"But it tastes good!" We both laughed as I checked the tracker on Noah's phone.
"Noah's heading in this direction. He isn't too far away."
"I bet he was kissing Morgan and that's why he's so late."
"Girls don't kiss boys! Well unless it's their Daddy or their Uncle or brother. You have to be married to kiss."
"So then what about Elliot?"
"Uncle?" She asked. Confused about what to refer to me as. Something that I worry about when marrying Liv is what the kids will call me. Do they want to call me Dad? After years of not having a father figure would they do that? Or, would they stick to Elliot?
"You're too sweet."
"Elliot, I'm full. Feel my tummy."
"El, Noah's here."
"Hey, guys."
"You're a good 20 mins late. You're lucky we even left you the leftovers!"
"Alright Bella, let him eat now."
"She's so shady."
"How was your little thing with Morgan?"
"Thing?! I'd call it a date." Noah and Bella are always poking fun at each other, but I always have to watch these two before it becomes means.
"You're one to talk. I don't see you being allowed to go places alone with Brayden."
"Very funny."
"You guys can stop now. Clear?"
"Yes."
"Elliot, when we get home can we do the thing?"
"What thing sweetheart?"
"The craft bracelet Elliot."
"It spends on what happens when we get home love."
"Okay, Elliot!"
"El, where is Mom?"
"I don't know honey, she's not answering my texts."
"But I didn't see her since Monday. I miss my Mommy." Leia and Olivia are quite close. Leia has a very heavy reliance on Olivia as that's the only true mother figure she's ever known. Even when she was with her biological mother, she was still knowingly abused and that caused a rift. But, Olivia works a lot and she needs to work on her separation issues. Liv and I go to meetings so that we can help Leia in the best way we can.
**********
Madison Ave. (Olivia's Perspective)
"Yeah, I'd like to make an appointment for Leia Benson. A checkup, yes-" I fixed Leia's jacket as she sipped my tea quietly.
"Mommy's on the phone darling," I whispered as she tugged my arm. She sat in my lap as I scheduled her appointment. I got off the phone and she looked slightly sad.
"What's wrong?"
"You're always leaving me." She said sadly.
"What do you mean?"
"I didn't see you until today."
"Mommy had to work, to get money for all the nice things you like."
"But I want to see you more." Maybe I should let Leia come to the precinct a bit more often. Bella was coming around at her age.
"You will, but right now. Let's finish up so we could go to the jumpy park." She took my tea again and I rolled my eyes.
"I bought this for myself, Missy."
"Sharing is caring. I gave you fries when you were on a diet."
"Leia Mae!" We left the little shop and went to the trampoline park.
"One hour only?!"
"That's all the time I could afford."
"Let's jump in the pit!" Life with Leia really has been amazing. There are some things that we need to work on but I don't think it's so big that it affects our relationship.
"Mommy, that was fun. Can we do it again?" I picked Leia up and she grinned at the sight of my face.
"You have a cute nose. Did you know?"
"I didn't. Thanks for telling me."
"Mommy, when I grow up I'm gonna so makeup."
"Makeup?"
"Yeah, I'm going to put it on every day. Do you put it on every day?"
"Well, not every day. I think that I look prettier without makeup."
"I like the eye one."
"Eye shadow?"
"Yes, it has so many colors. Bella let me try it on once."
"When was this?"
"Tuesday. That's why you should be at home more!" She has a point.
*************
Kylie's House (Bella's Perspective)
"Your room looks so grown up now!" Her room was now grey and white with some blue accents. It was so mature looking. It made my room feel childish. I wasn't jealous, I've never really been jealous of Kylie. And I'm definitely not now.
"I know, but I still like your room more. It's really cool with the lilac and cyan."
"Aww, thanks! Alright, so where were we?"
"We were talking about you."
"Me?"
"Yes. You not being on the volleyball team. You're amazing, not sure why you didn't join."
"I like music more. And, who was gonna do it with me? You're cheerleading and all."
"You ain't even wrong sis." We started our homework and I stared out of the window for a solid minute. I like fall, everything just feels so cozy.
"I was thinking, we should go somewhere as a group."
"Where?"
"Shopping downtown."
"That's amazing, but I want to be able to go somewhere alone without my Mom breathing down my neck. I can't even attempt to sneak because Elliot and Mom have trackers on our phones."
"Yikes."
"You have one too."
"Oh yeah, you're right!"
"When we turn 13 we need to figure out how to disable it."
"Bella, I don't think that's smart."
"Kylie?! You're telling me! You're the sneaky one between us."
"You're the one who's Mom is a Captain in the NYPD."
"Yikes, you're right."
"Is it ever weird to you when you're doing something sneaky and people say, isn't your Mom a cop?"
"It's not weird...It's freaking annoying that's what it is." I laughed and finished my paragraph.
"Kylie, does it ever feel weird when people call you rich?"
"Sometimes, I mainly ignore it. I think you're the only person who doesn't care so much, or take advantage of me for it. That's why you're my best friend."