Hanging Out

Tuesday, October 10th (Bella's Perspective)
I didn't have school today because of faculty meetings. Mom and El let me hang out with my friends for several hours unsupervised. This was really exciting for me. It was 11:15 AM and I was getting dressed. I settled on some black ripped jeans and a classic striped top with my white converses, and my black biker jacket. I also was bringing along my mini backpack, because we were going to do some shopping. I put in my butterfly earrings and refreshed my hair by spraying some water and adding gel to my sleek bun.
Hannah: Bella I'm about to leave. I'll go to your house. I'm bringing Elle and Kylie with me.
Me: Cool. I'm done getting ready. Just tell me when you're here.
"Bella?"
"Yeah, Dad?"
"You're all ready to go?"
"Basically."
"You look pretty."
"Thank you."
"Remember, if something happens you call me, use your map if you get lost on the subway."
"El, I know!" I laughed.
"Only girls, right?"
"Yess.."
"Good, no meeting up with boys."
"Believe me, that wouldn't happen."
"Mhm. Have fun kiddo, call me when you get there. Love you."
"Love you too. I gotta go now." I went outside the house and my friends were there.
"Let's take the Q train. We'll meet everyone else there."
"Bella, you look so pretty!"
"Thanks."
"Who are you dressing up for?"
"For myself. Where are we going first guys?"
"I wanna go to Forever 21! They're having a sale!" Elle squealed.
"I wanna go to PINK. I need perfume."
"Maybe forever 21," Hannah said.
"Guys, we have time to go to them all." I pointed out.
"The next Q train is ten minutes away."
"Let's take an N. It'll get us to Times Square faster."
"Cool. That's coming in five."
************
Central Park (Leia's Perspective)
"Lana, wait up!" I ran towards my friend. Lana is my friend from school! She's in a different class than I am, but we talk at lunch!
"What happened to your hair?" I asked. It was shorter than it was on Friday!
"I cut my hair to my shoulders!" I touched her hair.
"Your hair is pretty!" It was brown like mine.
"Leia, you know that Courtney is here! We should play tag." Courtney is in my class. She has brown skin and brown eyes and black hair. I'm friends with her.
"Yeah, let's go!"
"Courtney! Do you wanna play tag?"
"Yeah, let's play tag."
"Okay, Leia's it!" Aw rats!
"I did not agree to be it!" I ran after my friends and I got tired. I need a water break.
"Daddy, can I have some water?" He gave me a bottle and I finished it.
"Okay, bye Dad!"
"Have fun, sweetheart!"
************
Forever 21 (Bella's Perspective)
The whole gang was here and we could finally do some shopping. I was looking for some shirts. Recently, I donated some of my clothes so I thought it would be appropriate to buy back some of the shirts I gave away.
"Did you guys see Sierra's snap?!" Kylie asked.
"No, why?" Hannah asked.
"She needs serious help. She literally flashed herself on snap." Eww, that's gross. To be honest, I do use snap quite a bit, but not for that. I mainly do streaks and text some peeps. I also post on my story a lot too.
"Bella, you and Sierra talk, right?"
"Yeah, she sits near me in math. I'm not sure why she'd do something like that. Maybe something's going on."
"I heard she's been messing around with one of the 9th graders."
"But, why?"
"I don't know. But, it's kinda clear that he only wants one thing from her." I picked up a shirt and sighed.
"I wonder about some of these girls," Jessica said.
"Like, why do they do these things? It's really degrading." She added.
"Attention, because they might not get it," I said.
"Bella literally knows all the answers to these things, she's like some kind of genius."
"Well, when your Mom and Dad work for SVU, you just pick up."
"Guys, let's talk about something else. Did you guys hear about the Tiffany Young concert?" Tiffany Young is one of my favorite singers. She was having a concert in November. I really wanted to go.
"Omg, yes! We should all go!" Paisley said.
"I think you guys are forgetting the one major problem."
"And, what is that Penelope?"
"We're not 16 so our parents have to go with us."
"That's really lame, I don't wanna go anywhere with them. Well not anywhere, you know what I mean."
"What if we have our parents pay for a ticket, and then they could leave the place when it starts," Reagan suggested.
"Smart idea, but my Mom wouldn't leave," I said.
"Well, I tried. There really isn't any way around it." We decided to go pay for our things. While we stood on the line we talked about ways to make the concert work. And, the next place we were going to go.
************
Kung Fu Tea (Elliot's Perspective)
"Daddy, are we gonna go home after this?"
"Yes, sweetheart. We're gonna go home and cook dinner." I handed her the drink and she smiled.
"Thank you, Daddy!"
"You're very welcome! Come on, let's start heading home." I fixed her hat and she held my hand.
"Dad, look!" I looked around.
"What is it, sweetheart?"
"I see Bella and her friends." They were in front of us. Talking about something I couldn't decipher. I decided to listen in.
"I swear Bella and Jake are endgame. They should totally date."
"Like how you and Carson are endgame?" She remarked.
"We're talking about you right now."
"Well, I would date him. I guess. He's cute, and he treats me very nicely. But, I'm not ready for that. For reasons."
"What reasons. The same reasons you used to cry about during school."
"Yeah. Guys, I think I'm ready to tell, but not in public. I feel bad for not being honest with you guys for all these years if we're going to be besties I need to be honest."
"But, you are honest. We all have our secrets. You don't have to talk about it if it makes you feel uncomfortable."
"I do therapy twice a week, I've done therapy for years over it. I can tell you guys because I trust you."
"This is making me emotional. We need to have a big sleepover and talk about our secrets too, so you don't feel left out." The girls made a turn and I was mute.
"Daddy! Are you listening?!!"
"I'm sorry, what did you say?"
"Can you pick me up?!" I held Leia as I thought to myself. Bella would date Jake?! Bella's gonna tell her friends about her assault. When did Bella even start having these mature conversations? She was literally 9 years old the other day. What's going on?! She's growing up.
*************
Family Dinner (Friday, October 13th) (Olivia's Perspective)
"This tastes good Mama!" Noah exclaimed.
"It's a new recipe I learned. I'm glad you loved it. Bella, Leia, do you like it?"
"Yes!" I kissed my husband and began to eat.
"Eww PDA!"
"What's PDA?" Leia asked.
"Kissing, Lei," Noah answered.
"That's icky. No more PDA." We all laughed.
"We have a jam-packed weekend. Bella has a competition tomorrow."
"It's just a duet. That's really easy."
"Leia has a trio."
"I'm really excited."
"And Noah has a game in the morning."
"Competition starts at 1. Noah's game is at 8 and it'll finish for 10. It should work out fine."
"Yeah, we're pretty organized. I think I'll stay at home. Tell me how the game goes." Bella said.
"Why?"
"I'm going to do my own hair and makeup and put on my costume. Just to make life easier." Bella's been doing her own hair and makeup recently. It's made me miss doing hers.