Trauma

(Based on Season 21 Ep. 2) (Olivia's Perspective)
"Hi, I'm Olivia Benson. Nice to meet you." I stuck out my hand warmly and shook her hand. It was mandatory that I did this training. I wanted to be better at my job, so I was very willing to do this.
"I'm quite familiar with trauma-based interviews." I wondered what this would be like. Well, I already had certain expectations about this. But I wasn't sure how far she was going to go. I found my self explaining my assault. Again. It hurt just as much as the first time I described it. I was clearly still not over him. I couldn't let go. Why, couldn't I let go?
"Do you need a drink of water?"
"Yes."
*********
Home (Bella's Perspective)
"Bella honey, someone is going to come over in a minute. Please clean up the coffee table from Leia's glitter fest."
"Yes, Mom. She's finally asleep after all of that."
"I know. I love that girl to death but I was waiting for that energy to burn out." I sprayed the table and the doorbell rang.
"Stay right here babe." Mom walked down the gallery to the door and opened it.
"Reagan, thank you so much for coming."
"No problem. Thank you, I know it was last minute."
"That's okay honey, I'm available 24 hours if need be. Bella, this is Reagan."
"Hello, nice time meet you." I shook her hand and she smiled.
"I didn't know you were a Mom."
"Well, I am. Of three amazing kids. Honey, did you practice guitar?"
"Yeah, I did that this morning. I'm actually going to my room to play piano in a bit."
"Alright sweetheart." I finished cleaning the table. This person was clearly from Mom's job. She's a victim.
"Would you like anything to drink?" I asked politely.
"Oh no, it's okay."
"I insist. It's cold outside. I was going to make some tea before bed." Mom smiled.
"I'm making peppermint."
"That sounds nice."
"Make three cups Bella." Mom and I never finished our conversation from yesterday at the park. She wasn't in the mood today. She said when she rested up we'd speak. But she was talking to her vic'. How is that fair? I turned on the kettle and went to the dining room. It was to give them privacy while still being able to hear what was going on.
"I know this is difficult but, have you regained any memory? Did you smell something, hear something?"
"What are you-"
"Shut up!" I whispered.
"Ohhhh." Noah sat down and we kept listening.
"Sand...I remember sand! And, something."
"What? What is it, honey?"
"Bell, are you sure you want to hear this?"
"Noah, I'm fine."
"You don't need to know about assault." I looked at him and sighed. But I already know what it is.
"Bella, go to bed."
"No!" I whisper yelled.
"Kids, what's going on up there?" We went upstairs quietly and my heart was pounding.
"I'm so sorry about that. But please, anything you could remember. Please tell me."
"I-I." I didn't hear anything else after that because I went to go use the bathroom.
"Bella?"
"Noah, go away. I want to pee in peace."
"TMI."
"Well, you made it that way."
"Whatever."
"Go away, you weirdo! I want to pee!"
"Okay, okay. I'm leaving!"
***************
Bella's Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"Knock Knock."
"Hi."
"I'm sorry, I know you wanted to talk about your question."
"It's okay. You need to pay the bills." I sat down on my daughters' bed.
"But Mom, you can get pregnant at 13?"
"Yes. Remember we talked about getting your period and I told you that once you get it, you can have babies."
"Oh. Yeah."
"I want to tell you something. Look at me."
"Yes?"
"She ended up pregnant because she had sex while she was ovulating. You understand what that first part meant right?"
"Yeah. I know about that part. What's ovulating?" And so I explained to my near twelve year old how it happened and she was shocked.
"But Mom! You're not supposed to do that at that age though. It isn't appropriate, and she did it on her birthday." Bella said frantically.
"Sex shouldn't be something that a thirteen-year-old should be worrying about, and I want you to wait until you're older. When you're more mature and you can understand the gravity of those things. She could've been raped Bella, and now she might be a teen Mom. Drop out of school. Learn from this, okay?" I didn't want to talk to my daughter about safe sex yet either. She's just, too young.
"Mom, is it still rape if she did it with her boyfriend?"
"Did he force her?"
"No, she wanted to."
"How old is the boyfriend?" She froze. Oh god, no. This cannot be happening.
"Bella, be honest with me. If you know something, you have to tell me."
"I don't want to get in trouble. I don't want her to be in trouble. Her parents don't even know Mom."
"I won't let her get in trouble. Be honest with me."
"He's 18 she said."
"What's her name?"
"Mom is it illegal?"
"Yes, very illegal. What's her name?"
"No. I'm not telling you."
"Bella, I suggest you tell me. If I have to find it out for myself you'll be in trouble young lady."
"But, Mom!" She whined.
"Everyone is going to call me a snitch!"
"5 seconds."
"Mom, please don't do this!"
"Five."
"Amelia Hanks."
"Thank you."
*********
3 Days Later
"Hello everyone!"
"Hello!"
"Today, I wanted to talk to you girls about something. I just wanted to check on everyone."
"Cool." I requested Amelia be in for this conference. So she didn't feel a certain way.
"How about, we talk about boys." Several of the girls faces turned red. They were all about 13-15 so that was natural. Nothing new to me.
"Does anyone have a crush?"
"Well..."
"You can introduce yourself sweetheart."
"My name's Gia. I like this guy named Gunther. I know, double G." I laughed.
"That sounds nice. What's he like?"
"He's super tall. A ginger like me. Green eyes. He's always so kind to me. I like that."
"Anyone else."
"Amelia has a boyfriend so she's way past that."
"Amelia?" I turned towards a slim brunette who smiled shyly.
"Yeah. Nathaniel."
"He's so cute! How old is he again?"
"I don't want to talk about that."
"Amelia."
"Leave me alone."
"I'm so sorry guys, give me a second and I'll be right back."
"Amelia."
"Go away Ms.Benson."
"Hey, it's okay. What's wrong?" She cried and I held her.
"What's wrong Amelia? You can tell me." She pointed to her stomach and cried. I had to pretend not to know if she'd run away.
"Amelia. Are you on your period? Having cramps?"
"No, I didn't get it."
"Honey, are you-"
"Yes, stop judging me."
"I'm not. I promise."
"I'm so stupid!" It seems that Amelia had a change of heart.
"Maybe, we should go somewhere private and talk."
*************
The Precinct (Amelia's Perspective)
"Amelia, you can be honest with me. What happened with Nathaniel?"
"I don't want to talk about this." She took me to the hospital and it confirmed that I was really pregnant. At one point, I was really happy. But that changed. It wasn't the same. I told Nathaniel and he just didn't care. I thought we were going to raise this baby, together.
"I can't help you until you open up sweetheart."
"I don't need help."
"Amelia, yes you do. You're 13 with a baby, do you understand how serious that is?! You're just shy of 8th grade. You shouldn't be a baby having a baby sweetheart. I wanna help you, but you're not allowing me to."
"Don't tell Mom and Dad."
"Honey, I have to tell you parents. This is very serious. Let me help you, please." I took a deep breath and laid my head on the couch.
"It was my birthday, a couple of weeks ago."
"Okay." Captain Benson sat next to me.
"Nathan was like we should try something. That, it'd feel good."
"Try what?" I knew what to say, but I don't feel comfortable talking to an adult about it.
"Honey, you can write it for me." She got me some paper and I started to write..a lot. About what we did, where, how he kept pressuring me about it. It all just came out.
"Amelia, what he did was not okay."
"Don't arrest him. Please. I know he wasn't going to help me with the baby but, don't." I cried. She gave me a hug but it didn't help. I just felt so angry, so helpless.
**************
Central Park (West Side) (Bella's Perspective)
I waved at Amelia and she came over to my Mom and I. She looked sad. I know Mom was working her case. That was probably why.
"Hey, how have you been holding up?"
"Fine. I just wanted to say thank you so much for helping me.i really appreciate it. About the baby,"
"You don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to."
"Thanks." What does that mean?
"We packed lunch. I didn't know if you'd be hungry. I know you like colby jack cheese so I made some sandwiches."
"Thanks." We all started to eat quietly and I looked at Amelia.
"Everything's going to be okay. My mom wouldn't let anything bad happen to you." She smiled at me.
"Thanks. You're really nice. I know we don't talk much, but maybe we should some more?"
"Yeah, that would be nice."

A/N: Would you like to see more of Amelia?