Wedding Day

March 17th, 8:00 AM
All around people were getting ready for the wedding. Mom was getting ready and she looked gorgeous, my friends were too, and I felt really emotional. But, I kept that to myself. I didn't really want Mom to know how much I cared. I was extremely proud of my Mama. She's been through so much, so much that she can't even tell Noah, Leia, and I, and she's finally happy. Truly happy. Not putting on a fake smile for us to that we wouldn't suspect anything. Whenever she's with Elliot her face lights up in a way that I've never ever seen before in my life. The chemistry they share is gravely strong. And, it's a bond that could never be broken.
"Bella, you look beautiful! Come here!" I walked over silently and did a small twirl.
"You look so elegant Berry."
"Thanks, Amanda."
"Come here, baby."
"Mom, don't cry. You're going to mess up your makeup." She put her arm around my waist and moved my hair from my face.
"Today's going to be a really long day. Are you ready?"
"Yeah." She gave me a kiss and looked around.
"Thank you for being so support sweetheart."
"Stop thanking me. I'm supposed to do that." I laughed quietly and she told me to go find my friends and talk to them. I hate it when she gets so emotional like that, I'm trying not to cry today and she's making it really really hard.
**************
11:00 AM (Noah's Perspective)
"Wedding starts in an hour. We have some time to sit back and relax."
"Relax? I'm ready for a party!" Bret said.
"Of course you are." Jonah and Bret sat next to me on the pew and looked at me.
"Are you nervous?" I hadn't really had time to think about that, but now that I'm being asked that, I did feel some nervousness, I had some worries about things. Bella and I try not to talk about it for Mom's sake, but for our sake also. We don't want it weighing on our minds, and we want to fully be there for Mom during her wedding, we don't want to give her something to worry about.
"I'm a bit nervous." Jonah has step-parents, so he kind of understands the whole thing, which is why I feel comfortable talking to him about it all. And Bret, he's one of my best friends. Dustin, Malachi, and Carson were at the arcade for a bit so they were gonna miss this conversation.
"What are you nervous about bro? Him living with you?"
"Definitely not that, he's been living with us for a while now, completely used to him being there. It's the dynamic. Now, I have a step-dad, step-siblings. I'm not used to all of this before. I've gone through so many changes and you know, nobody ever asked me how I felt. Up until now. When I was super young, it was just Mom and I, remember? Then, Mom adopted Bella, and it stayed the same for years, then Leia came along, she's my sister's, biological half-sister, now she's staying, and now my Mom's marrying her old partner from way before I was even thought of. It's a lot, and no one asked how I truly felt."
"Dang, I never knew that you had all of that in you, you act...you act....well, you act fine. I thought you were happy about this whole thing."
"I am happy, don't let what I said make you think otherwise, I'm really happy for Mom. But, I'm scared too. At the same time. It's really weird for me. It's going to take some time, but I'll be just fine. Trust me on that."
"We do. This is how you know we're some true friends, your other ones are at the friggin arcade."
"They're great friends, I just don't even know how they managed to slip away."
"We have to go and find them. The wedding starts soon."
****************
My Wedding (Olivia's Perspective)
My wedding was truly something out of a movie. For years and years, I've imagined how my wedding would go. I remember as a young girl, planning it out to a tee. I wanted really long, beach curled hair that would sway as I walked down the aisle, with blond highlights because, why not? I wanted my Mom to walk me down the aisle, because no matter what, after everything we've been through, we had each other. One of the things that made my day today bittersweet, was the fact that my Mom wasn't here to see it, and wasn't here to meet her grandkids. And then, my dress. I wanted a beautiful long, elegant dress to complete the look. Now today, as I walked down the aisle with Fin in tow, covered in the pretty colored flowers my youngest daughter and her friends dropped not too long ago, these thoughts weighed heavily on my mind. Before I had a chance to truly think again, (or that is what it felt like) the procession was over and the officiant was beginning to speak.
"Friends and family, we have gathered here today to bear witness to the union of our beloved couple, Olivia and Elliot."
"On the behalf of said couple, thank you for taking the time out of your lives to make it here. Getting to Hawaii isn't easy, why didn't you just have the ceremony in New York, you're probably all wondering." Everyone in the room laughed softly, and the officiant.
"Hawaii is where Elliot and Olivia managed to put their love to the test, and see, whether or not it was truly meant to be." I looked over at Leia who was starting to pout. Why is she pouting? Bella whispered in her ear and she started to calm down. Alright, she's fine, she's fine, I'm worrying about everyone else right now, but my own self, this is my wedding damnit. Get it together, Liv.
After what seemed like forever, Elliot and I were exchanged our vows, it was like something out of a movie, once again. His vows were so precious, and I hoped he'd think the same of mine. He was done and it was my turn, I was ready, I could do it.
"I promise to be your ever faithful, honest, and loving wife. El, we are best friends, with our unending happiness, continuously having the best time, and I vow to solve life's mysteries together, one embrace at a time. I vow to be a loving and devoted wife, without judgment, without scorn, but always with an open heart and mind." We were then given our beautiful rings for the ring exchange, and I was getting a bit excited. I remember something Bella told me a while earlier.
"When you and E kiss, I'm definitely taking a picture for safekeeping so that when you argue about the dumb things you guys argue about, you'll remember how you made us all come here. And remember that you got married for a reason. Weirdos."
"With this ring, I thee wed." I smiled softly and Elliot was crying. An incredibly rare sight.
"I now pronounce you, husband and wife." The kiss that Elliot and I shared, had to be one of our most passionate kisses. I've never loved a man as much as I've loved Elliot.
************
After The Wedding (Leia's Perspective)
I didn't know that weddings were that long! I was getting a bit bored, but then, Mommy and Elliot kissed! That made me giggle a lot! The wedding made me think about the talk I had with my big sister, Bella a whole ago about marriage. Where are they?
"Leia! Come here!" Noah said.
"I'm coming!" I went over and Elliot picked me up.
"You were the best flower girl. Ever."
"Daddy!" Everyone kind of stopped for a moment and we got silent. Elliot smiled.
"What?"
"Daddy!" I gave him a hug and Mommy started to cry.
"Leia is so cute."
"I had a feeling she was going to do that. We had a talk about it."
"Really?"
"Yeah, and I said she could call Elliot whatever makes her feel comfortable. She wants to call him Daddy, and El."
"Well Leia, it was really nice of you to say that. You made me really, really happy."
"You're welcome!"
"I love you."
"I love you more!"
"Guys, we gotta go to the reception hall thing."
"I'm starving, let's go eat!"
"Bailey, Barron!"
"We have to play tag."
"But we can't play here."
"Mama, can we play?"
"You guys can play a bit later, now we're going to have fun doing some other things. Come on, children." I didn't know weddings could be this fun.

To be continued~