Taking A Breather

The Hotel Room (4:30 PM) (Park City, Utah)
(Bella's Perspective)
We were in Kylie's room. We'd just gotten out of the hot tub because we wanted to hang out a bit before going out for dinner.
Noah: Shit, heads up, Mom's gonna either call or text you. You're in trouble.
Me: why?!
Noah: Mom found out about your bikini pics. If I were you, I'd archive that shit right now.
Me: 😒 alright jfc, I'll do it now. Wth I restricted it from her. People are snitches. Who told her?!
Noah: I don't know, she just came and asked to see if it was visible on my phone.
Me: ugh! Thanks for the heads up.

I yelled externally.
"What's wrong?"
"Someone told my Mom about the pictures."
"Take the post down."
"I'm not taking it down! I'm archiving it." Hannah looked concerned and so did Penelope.
"How did she find out?"
"I don't know! Noah just told me that she knows."
"Yikes, and she doesn't even know you own that bathing suit. Praying for you."
"Sorry, I know this is bad timing, but where did you get it?"
"Forever 21." I sighed.
"Bell, don't worry too much okay, it'll probably blow over."
"But you can't promise it."
"Alright, how about this, you have the time of your life until you go home and get grounded."
Mom: Bella, I need you to call me right now, young lady.
"Sounds good."
**************
New York, NY (6:45 PM) (Our Master Bathroom) (Olivia's Perspective)
"Hey, you have about an hour and change before you need to go to bed. Okay?" I was washing Leia's hair in my bathroom and talking to her at the same time.
"Okay, Mommy."
"Today I got a call from your teachers, and they told me something really, really important."
"What is it, Mom? Is it positive?"
"Yes, very much so. Remember how you're going on the big kid campus next year?"
"Yep." She slightly nodded as I de-tangled her hair.
"You've been doing super good in class so next year you're going to be in a class with people who are just as smart and brilliant as you are."
"That sounds cool." She giggled.
"But only certain kids go. Are my friends coming too?"
"Yes, you and your friends are on that same level."
"Yay! I think I like being smart."
"You do?"
"Yep. Because this means I'm gonna learn super cool things in elementary."
"That is true." I began twisting her hair.
"But I hope that I have all of my friends in my class. But you said it's only for certain kids so maybe only some of my friends are gonna be there."
"Does that make you sad?"
"A little! But, as long as I have Christina, Courtney, Bailey, Barron, and Leo I'll be okay."
"They're gonna be there. And you know what, they're still adding kids, so we'll see." I gave her a kiss.
"Liv?" I turned around and Elliot walked in.
"Hi, Daddy!"
"Hi, what's going on here?"
"Hair washing," I replied while giving him a peck.
"What's going on with you and Bella?"
"She's being sneaky and I don't like it." I showed him the photos on my phone while drying Leia off and getting her in some pajamas.
"That bikini is way too inappropriate," Elliot said as I asked Leia to leave the room.
"The top is barely covering her-"
"I know. And, I don't know where she got it from, she hid this Instagram post from me so that I wouldn't see it, she's never done that before, as far as I'm concerned this is the only post she has hidden from me."
"Did you text her?"
"Yes, and she's ignoring me. Text her and tell her she needs to answer me before I ground her when she come back from that trip."
***************
Chimayo (Park City, Utah) (6:25 PM) (Bella's Perspective)
"Well, this is fancy." Formal wear was definitely needed. My friends and I sat at this big table together. We looked at our custom menu.
"Ouu, Mexican!"
"What are you guys getting?" Evan asked. Hilary spoke.
"I'm totally getting the steak quesadilla."
"I think I'll get carne asada fajitas," I replied. We all either got quesadillas or fajitas. We settled on nachos and chips and guacamole for our appetizer.
"Hey, after dinner Logan and Kelsie are having a hangout in the lounge back at the hotel. Who's going?" Kylie asked.
"I've been meaning to go there! They have air hockey and what can I say, it's my fave!" Alexis said. Jake looked at me before picking up his phone.
Jake: are you going?
Me: I'll go if you go.
Jake: I'll go if you go. :)

"I'm in!" I said.
"Yes, we got Baby Bella to participate. You're going to love it."
"You better make it worth my time."
"Wait, Alexis why do you have a hickey on your neck girlie?"
"I don't have a hickey on my neck."
"She burnt herself with a flat iron," Sapphire said with a smirk.
"I beg to differ," Leah said while laughing.
"You guys are so adorable. Making out every night before curfew. We love to see it." Faith said. The boys laughed as well.
"On another note, what did you guys think about skiing today?" Paisley asked.
"It was so fun! You should've seen Hannah and her big wipeout."
"It was not a wipeout. It was just a little tumble."
"That's a fucking understatement," Penelope said.
"Ms.Bleaker, language." Mr.Fletcher said sternly.
"Sorry, I meant flipping. Simple slip of the tongue you know?!" We all laughed at her. I was enjoying myself.
Sapphire: You said you're going to the hangout, maybe you can redo your kiss with Jake!
Penelope: oh my gosh! Yes! Yes!
Hannah: finally some real action instead of pillow action.
Me: shut up 🙄

Mom: Bella Danielle Margaret Benson, I need you to answer me right now. Whether it be through text or phone call.

I'm ignoring that.
^^^^^^^^^^^
The Hotel Lounge (8:12 MDT)
"Kelsie!" I hugged her.
"Bella, your outfit is soooo cute! I need the deets!"
"Brandy Melville and Hollister. Thank me later." Kelsie practically dragged Hannah and me by the arms over to where the arcade and stuff were.
"Okay, so I was told that someone needs to have their first kiss, and someone needs to make a first move."
"Oh gosh."
"Look, you can thank Penelope and I later. Jake and Knox are over there. It wouldn't hurt for you guys to just talk to them. No pressure because we're all hanging out."
"I feel like I'm being pressured," Hannah said jokingly. Kelsie's cool, and I knew she wasn't forcing us, she was just telling us to be open to the idea.
"But really, no pressure, Penelope just told me that you guys' crush would be here. If you guys don't want to talk to them or anything we could just go grab Swig with the girls and play some arcade games."
"I think we should play some games first."
"Agreed." My pocket began to vibrate again.
"Who's been calling you so much?" Kelsie asked.
"Long story short, Bella wore her secret bikini and her Mom found out about it and wants to ground her."
"Yikes! Oh, the insta post! Did you not restrict it from her?"
"I did. Someone told."
"Yikes, well you need some swig! The best drink here is that ocean one. It's so good! Come on."
-5 Missed Calls From Mom-
-2 Missed Calls From Dad-
"Can we have two orders of the shark attack drink?"
"Well of course! Anything else?"
"And two sugar cookies please!" After we got our drinks we decided to sit with the rest of the girls in our grade. They were talking about prom and graduation, it reminded me of how close these things were.
"I think I want to ask Haden to prom. But I doubt he'd say yes."
"Doesn't hurt to try." I smiled and sipped my drink. This tastes awesome.
"Ooh, why don't we all make a TikTok?!"
"You guys can go and make one. I have to do something." Penelope eyed me.
"Alright! Have fun." I left with my stuff and went back up to our hotel room. Oh, by the way, I'm not upset or anything. I just really needed to call Anna.

"Hey, Anna."
"Hey! How's your trip so far?"
"It's nice, we went skiing today and had dinner. Tomorrow we're going to do a tour of Park City and then ice skate."
"That sounds amazing sweet pea. So why did you call?"
"I kind of just wanted to get away."
"Why?"
"Everyone's downstairs talking about prom and graduation and their dress colors and crap. It just kind of reminds me of how middle school is going to end, and it kind of makes me emotional because I don't know what's coming next." I admitted.
"In what sense?"
"I don't know what school I'm going to, or if I'm going to end up leaving my friends, heck I don't even think I know what I want to be right now. It's weird."
"Bell, you have a lot of time to figure out these things, and I'll help you every step of the way, take a deep breath, clear your head and stay focused on the present. Enjoy this time with your friends." I took some deep breaths. She's right.
"Thanks, Anna."
"You're welcome, sweetheart." And with that, I went back downstairs to hang out with everybody.
"Where were you?"
"Sorry I was in the restroom! What did I miss?"
"Jonathan injuring himself..again," Jessica said with a laugh. I stayed in the moment and focused on my friends and making good memories. Because you know what? Everything would work itself out.

To be continued~