IHOP! Please...?

February 14th (Olivia's Perspective)
Today was Valentines Day and we were getting ready for our annual dinner. Bella was in the bathroom with me. Slightly fidgeting and looking all over the place.
"What's up, babe?" I asked while doing my eye makeup.
"I wanted to know if I could go to IHOP with Carson."
"Carson? Who's that?"
"One of my friends. He asked me if I wanted to go and stuff."
"Are you two going alone?"
"No, with Jess and Flynn."
"Sorry honey, but you can't go."
"Why?" I asked disappointedly.
"Because I don't like this idea. It sounds like a double date. And, I'm not allowing you to go down there alone." She sighed and I looked at my daughter.
"Besides, I'm not ready to let you go places by yourself. We'll talk about it another time. Go put your jacket on." She left the room silently and looked into the mirror. Does Bella want to go out with friends already? What am I going to do? I don't want to hold Bella back from enjoying her middle school year's, but she hasn't even hit 7th grade. She'd need to wait to go places with friends alone.
**********
My Bed (Bella's Perspective)
I was pretty bummed about the fact that Mom wouldn't let me go to IHOP with and as soon as we got back from dinner I got ready for bed. I had school in the morning anyways.
"Bella, goodnight." My little sister gave me a snuggle and I gave her one back.
"You still feel sick?"
"Yeah, my throat is itchy."
"Poor baby. Wanna cough drop?" She nodded and I gave her one.
"You have to suck it. Don't chew it or swallow. Understand?"
"Yes."
"Leia, it's time for bed."
"I wanna sleep with Bella."
"Another time. El is going to go tuck you in." She rushed off downstairs and Mom sat next to me.
"Babe?"
"Yes, Mom?"
"Just wanted to check in on you. See if you were alright."
"I'm okay, really."
"I know you're bummed about me telling you no to IHOP. It has nothing to do with my trust in you. I trust you wholeheartedly, even after the whole hair dye thing." We both laughed and then she continued to speak.
"I just think that you're not ready in the sense that I haven't taken you on the subway much, and you're not old enough. When I think you're ready, I'll send you out there on your own, but for now, no going places alone. Got it?" I nodded and she gave me a hug.
"Don't be upset or anything, I'll let you go one day."
"It's okay, I'm not mad. Just don't want to go to school tomorrow."
"Why, are people coming to you about it?"
"Well, not yet." I went under the covers and put my bonnet on.
"I just don't feel like going to school tomorrow because I'd rather stay home."
"Why?"
"Because school is boring."
"School may be boring, but having an education is important. You can't just stay home because you're bored."
"I know."
"Goodnight Bella."
"Night Mom."
***********
Watching A Movie (Noah's Perspective)
"Noah, can you turn that down for just a minute?! It's literally so dang loud."
"Why are you being like that?"
"I need to tell you something."
"What?" Bella sat next to me and smiled.
"I think Elliot and Mom are gonna take it to the next level." She whispered.
"Bella- No way."
"Yes, way. I know the signs when I see them,"
"All the signs that you've learned about come from the Dork Diaries."
"Don't have to be rude you loser."
"I'm being realistic. Mom is kinda old, I think too old to be married."
"You can get married whenever you want to. You're just negative. So I'm going to be with positive people." Leia stomped out of her bedroom and started to kick everything everywhere.
"You're stupid!" She kicked me and went upstairs.
"I'm telling mom!"
"That's hilarious."
"Mom, Leia kicked me. Can you tell her to stop please?"
"Leia, come here."
"No! I'm angry at you!" She stopped downstairs and Mom followed her.
"Whenever she acts like that she reminds me of you."
"Shut up."
"And you still act like that to this day," I said with a sigh. Mom says something happened to Lei too. I honestly can't wait till I figure out what the heck it is. Bella went upstairs and I stayed in the kitchen to think for a moment. It hit me. I was going to be in 8th grade next year. Then high school. I needed to make this and next year memorable. But how? What could I do?
"Bella, come here young lady."
"Yeah?" She was texting someone and laughing.
"It's your turn to unload the dishwasher."
"Alright, give me a sec." Bella put her phone down and gave Mom a kiss.
"You're so adorable when you're yelling at people like that."
"Stop testing me young lady, you know what I expect of you by now."
"So-rry. Jeez." I find it interesting. The relationship between Bella and my Mom. They're like friends but also not friends. It's weird.
**********
Dates With Bella (Olivia's Perspective)
"Honestly speaking, it's quite cold for a date. But, I like spending time with you so I can deal with the cold." I smiled and she looked around as we crossed the street. Today, was our special day. Once a month, I take each of the kids out to do something with me privately. We also get the chance to catch up.
"Ready to go ice skating?"
"Yeah. Then we'll go to lunch right?"
"If that's what you want sweet pea," Bella held my hand quietly as we walked towards Rockefeller Center. When we finally got to the rink Bella got in quickly and soon we were making several laps around the rink.
"How's band been treating ya?"
"Pretty good. We're going to have a little showcase at the Parents Night on Tuesday. Can you make it Mom?"
"You know I can't promise, but if I can't, Lucy or Elliot will record it for me,"
"It's better than nothing." My daughter slightly stumbled and regained balance.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, don't worry about it."
"I don't want you getting hurt or anything. Gotta be careful."
"I'm not even supposed to ice skate since I have a competition coming up and one wrong move can land me on a stretcher, but you only live life one right?" She let out a giggle and kept skating. One of her best qualities shining through at that moment. Her overwhelming positivity, when life hasn't been the best to her.
"Bella?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you have anyone special that you'd like to discuss?"
"I'm Jared, 19."
"And what does that mean?"
"I don't know what you just said." Bella has been playing it off for a while, but I know deep down under all of those protective layers she has, she does like someone and one of these days we will talk about it.
"Mommy, let's go around the rink one more time. Then, can we get chick fil a?"
"Of course sweetheart."
"Mom, at school there's going to be a dance,"
"Well, that sounds exciting."
"Yeah, but it's for the 8th graders. They always round us with the elementary school kids. But we're not like them. We're more mature than they are for sure." I laughed and held my daughter's hand.
"Well, some of us. But, you get the gist."
"When did you start using that?"
"Aunty Toni. She uses it with the 8th graders. She teaches them now."
"Speaking of Aunties and Uncles, when's the last time you've hung out with Fin?"
"I dunno, but it'd have to have been like several months ago."
"I think you should spend some time with him."
"Well, to be honest with you Mom I didn't think he'd miss hanging out with me too much."
"Why do you say that?"
"Because he has Leia."
"Honey, just because Leia's around doesn't mean he cares for you any less. You're still his princess and you need to keep these relationships with people. It's important to build such relationships because these people can help you in the future. Get what I'm saying?"
"Yeah. I'll text him later."
"Let's grab lunch."
"I quite like spending time with you, Mummy."
"So do I." I laughed at her British accent and we walked a couple of blocks to get our lunch.
"I wonder where I'm from Mom." She admitted. I knew that at some point the topic of Bella's origin would pop up. And to be honest, I don't know what to tell her.
"If you're willing to explore that I'll help you,"
"I'm not sure about that Mom."
"Okay, I'm not going to force you into it."
"Can we not talk about this on the line?" She whispered.
"Alright, Bella." She smiled softly and I put my arm around her chest.
"I really wanna milkshake."
"In this weather?"
"Why not?!"