The Big 13

January 11th (Noah's Perspective)
"Wake up you loser." Was the first thing I heard this morning. On my birthday.
"Happy birthday Noah!" Bella gave me a hug and a present.
"I'll buy honest, I didn't expect such a kind greeting buttface."
"It is your birthday thing 1. I'm nice on special occasions. Open it." I smiled and opened her gift.
"It's robux and snickers. Thanks." I gave her another hug and she smiled.
"I hate you but I love you. Happy birthday!" I rolled my eyes and we went down to the kitchen where there were dark green balloons.
"Noah! Happy birthday, sweetheart." Mom looked a bit emotional as she looked at me.
"You're a teenager already. Where has the time gone?"
"Happy birthday brother!"
"Thanks, Leia!"
"I made you picture of when we played the computer together."
"It's cool Leia."
"It is?" She started to make a pouty face.
"What's wrong?"
"Aww, she's emotional because she didn't think you'd like her picture."
"Thank you, brother!"
"You're welcome."
"We have to go and set up for your party at the place on Long Island." I was having a pool party in the middle of January. It should be fun. There was also a trampoline park too so I'd get to do my tricks.
"I want my friends to come," Bella said.
"Why?"
"Because then I have to be there with the boys. They're annoying."
"Ask your brother."
"Noah, can I bring my friends so I don't get harassed to death without my bodyguards?"
"Sure."
"Thank you."
"She's so dramatic," I said once she went upstairs.
"Girls, some girls are dramatic. Bella is turning out to be quite dramatic."
"I can't hear you people."
"Don't get rude with me." She came back downstairs and stared at Mom.
"What's the problem?"
"You talking about me."
"Bella, calm yourself." She stomped back upstairs and slammed her door.
"That went from 1-10 really quickly."
"I'll talk to her in a second. If I talk to her right now it'll be worse. What do you want for breakfast?"
"Pancakes."
"Blueberry?"
"Yes please." I talked to my Mom while she was making breakfast. I usually don't have the change to talk to Mom a lot. Bella usually takes up the time or I'm at practice.
"Leia. Tell Bella to come downstairs please."
"Okay." She went upstairs and I told Mom about the dance.
"You guys are having a winter dance? That's great sweetheart. Do you want to go?"
"I'm not entirely sure yet."
"Bella doesn't want breakfast. She's crying, Mommy."
"Tell her she needs to come downstairs now so we can speak, or I'm taking her phone."
"Kay Mommy."
"She was fine this morning. When she came to get me."
"Puberty." Mom said quietly.
"Oh. That time?"
"She's not there yet. How do you know about that?"
"Morgan."
"Ohh. You guys are really close friends then."
"I guess you could say that."
"Mommy, I think Bella's really sad. She's in her bathroom. She doesn't want to come out."
"Okay. I'll talk to her. I'm sorry Noah."
***************
Bella's Room (Olivia's Perspective)
"Open this door."
"Stop it." I could tell that she was crying and I was a bit confused. Bella isn't usually this sensitive.
"Bella, why don't you want to come out? Did you start-"
"No." She said confidently.
"Okay. So then talk to me."
"No, because I'm dramatic. I'm not going to the party."
"Bella."
"I don't want to go. I don't care."
"I think Noah would love to have you there. Rarely do I ever get to have a full day surrounding Noah like this."
"Okay, then it'd be better without me."
"Bella, I don't know what's going on with you but okay. You're being really selfish right now to not go to the party because of how you feel. That is not how I raised you, and when I get home we're going to have a long talk about this. I'm very disappointed in you young lady." I said to my daughter through the door. I didn't think she'd get so worked up over this but we had to leave soon and I couldn't sit here and entertain her foolishness right now.
"Mommy, I have to put on my swimsuit?"
"Yes, under your clothes sweet pea. I'll help you in a minute. I have to go shower really fast. Come with me and shower too sweetheart." I picked Lei up and gave her a kiss.
"I love you so much."
"I love you a little."
"A little?"
"Because." I tickled her and she laughed so loudly that Noah heard her from downstairs.
"I wish one day that I won't be ticklish anymore."
******************
My Party (Noah's Perspective)
"Noah, this party is epic." Morgan jumped into the pool and came back up.
"Why are you just standing there? Jump in." I jumped inside and then my little sister came over.
"Hi, Morgan! Hi brother!"
"Hi Lei. Wanna come in the pool with us?" I kind of just wanted this moment between Morgan and me Because Leia can be a bit of a blabbermouth. But Morgan liked her so I guess it was okay for her to stay.
"Morgan is my favorite."
"Your brother isn't your favorite?"
"I love him but I like you more. I'm going to go to my Mommy."
"Your sister is so cute. She's adopted right?"
"Well, not yet. In a few months we're going to adopt her and then she'll really be a part of our family.."
"That's cute. She looks like she really loves you. Hey, do you wanna go get some rings and see who can catch them first?"
"Well duh!" I grabbed a ring and threw it into the pool.
"You're a better swimmer than me. I think you'll get it. Bret, Chase, Logan, come let's see who can get a ring first." We counted down and I jumped into the pool. I had giggled and I managed to see a ring. Would I catch it? Who knows? Bret tried to push me and I managed to swim under him and catch the yellow ring. He tried to grab it and I swam up and touched the floor surrounding the pool.
"Morgan was already there."
"You did well. That little limbo under Bret was weird."
"I know, but I caught a ring did I not?"
***************
My Bedroom (Bella's Perspective)
"Bella?" Elliot knocked and then I let him in.
"Hi."
"You've been up here for a while. Are you okay?"
"I'm okay." He sat next to me and watched as I ate another starburst.
"Liv told me why you're still here, but I wanna hear it from you. What happened?"
"Hm."
"What?"
"Mom and Noah were talking about how dramatic I was and they were like they were joking and they didn't mean anything. I didn't find it funny and I said I didn't want to go tot he party because I was mad that they made fun of me and Mom said I was being selfish and she didn't raise me to be like that. But she doesn't even understand that I don't like it when people do that to me."
"So why didn't you just tell her that."
"Because I thought that if I didn't go she'd realize how much it hurt me but she called me selfish instead and it made me angrier."
"Bella, I understand how you feel, I really do. But was it fair to Noah to miss out on his party over something that you could've easily communicated? Was it fair to disrespect your mother like that?"
"No, sir."
"When Liv gets home you guys are both going to speak about this." I nodded and we went downstairs to eat some dinner. I really didn't feel bad about missing that party. It isn't the end of the world. I hope they at least saved me some cake though. That'd just be cruel if they didn't.
************
Long Island, NY (Olivia's Perspective)
"Happy birthday to you!" He blew out the candles and I started to cut the cake with the other Moms.
"Don't you have another daughter, where is she?"
"She's at home right now. She didn't want to come."
"What a shame she missed out on something special. Why didn't she want to come?"
"I know, to be honest with you she hasn't been the best today." I gave out pieces of cake and set aside a slice for Bella. Even though I was hugely disappointed in her behavior it didn't mean that I didn't still love her and wouldn't bring her a slice. People started to leave and the few left helped us clean up and I started for home. It would take about 1 hour and I was ready to go home and hold this conversation with my daughter before she fell asleep.
"Mommy, I want to go home and watch tv."
"Alright, we'll be there in a bit baby."
"Okay, Mommy." I picked up some food for Bella and Noah watched me.
"You think she's still mad at us?"
"I texted her and she left me on read. Yes, she is."
"I didn't think she'd take it that seriously."
"Neither did I. It's okay when we get home I'll talk to her about it. Don't worry babe." I parked the car and went inside the house.
"Hey, El."
"Hey, where's Bella?"
"In her room. I think she's sleeping."
"I hope not."
*************
My Bed (Bella's Perspective)
"Bells?" Mom had chipotle in her hand and she gave it to me. I put it on the desk and faced away from her...
"Bella bear, why are you still angry at me?"
"Because you hurt my feelings."
"Explain to me how I did."
"You kept talking about me and making jokes about me."
"I didn't know you'd get upset, it usually isn't something you get upset over. You've been on and off angry for a few days now. What's really going on Bella Danielle?"
"You're caught me haven't you?"
"I always know when something is up. You know that by now."
"I do."
"And yet you still never talk to me. Which is something I don't understand. Ever since you've turned about 9 or 10 you don't come to me. I've been having to come to you. I'm going to stop coming to you so often. You need to start figuring it out, babe. You're going to be 12 this year."
"I know."
"It's one thing to realize and it's a whole 'nother thing to actually work on your problems."
"I know Mom."
"Once again, don't need to have an attitude. Baby, what is it?"
"I feel like no one cares."
"No one cares about what?"
"About how I feel."
"Well I certainly care, what are you talking about babe?"
"I feel like my friends don't realize when I feel sad these days. So I just hide away in the library so people don't notice me crying."
"But Exactly why are you, sad sweetheart?" My eyes filled with tears.
"I really don't want to talk about it. I can't-" my heart started racing and I stopped breathing.
"Bella, do you want some water?"
"N-no."
"Drink some water Bell." Mom looked really scared.
"There, let's take some deep breaths. You're going to be okay."
"You're going to be okay."

Pt. 2 coming soon