Back Home

Los Angeles International Airport (June 15th) (7:38 AM PDT) (Bella's Perspective)
I stared out of the window and looked at the other planes. My bag wouldn't stop vibrating.
"Ugh, will she just stop calling me?! For fucks sake." I went into my book bag and took out my phone.

2 missed calls from Dad
1 missed call from Noah
5 missed calls from Mom

Mom: Bella, I know that you're hurting right now. But please text me back, I need to know that you made it to the airport safely.

"Guys, boarding has started. We're going up next so grab all of your belongings please."

Me: I'm okay. We're at our gate and we're going to be boarding soon.

 Mom: Okay, sweet pea

Mom: Okay, sweet pea. Have a safe flight. Elliot can't make it to pick you up so I will.
Me: Okay

***********************
JFK International Airport (4:45 PM) (Queens, NY) (Olivia's Perspective)
"Mommy, is Bella here yet?" Leia asked excitedly.
"She just texted me that they landed! She should be out in just a minute!" Leia beamed.
"I can't wait to see what she got me!"
"Hey, aren't you excited that your sister is home?"
"Yeah...but I care about my present too!" I rolled my eyes.
"Look, it's them!" Cassie, Kylie's younger sister pointed out. We watched as the kids walked towards us. Everyone running towards their parents for hugs and kisses.
"Kylie! You're back home!" Bella walked over quietly and hugged Leia.
"You tired?" Leia asked.
"Why do you say that?"
"You don't look excited to see me and you said that I'm your favorite person!" Bella smiled.
"Yeah...I'm just a bit tired, boo." I gave Bella a hug and a kiss. I could tell that she was feeling down.
"You must be starving. Would you like to get some food?" She shrugged.
"Can we just go?"
"Bella, why don't you go and tell your friends goodbye?" I watched as she went over to them. They looked concerned and all hugged her. She waved and walked back towards Leia and me.
"Can we please go now?!!" She asked in near tears.
********************
437 Deer Lake Rd. (6:15 PM) (Jake's Perspective)
I feel horrible. Bella asked if I could be her boyfriend last night and I just froze. The number one rule when talking to girls is to not freeze up like that. Now she probably thinks I don't like her like that anymore. Bella said that I was "just like them". Who's them?! Whoever they are, I know that I'm not them because I'd never hurt her. But then again, I did hurt her. I sighed.

"When we get back from LA we're going to our weekend house. You know...I finally chose a dress. It was really hard but I think I made the right choice. I hope Jake thinks it's pretty." I heard her say to Leah.

W-wait. She's at her weekend house. Which means that she's out here! Our houses in Long Island aren't too far away from each other. Maybe I could make this right. I got up to go downstairs. I paused.

"But to make this right...I have to have an answer for Bella. I can't just..apologize." And, I do. I've wanted to date Bella for a long time, I just didn't know how to ask or even if she felt the same way so I didn't say anything. I also know that she's been hurt...badly when she was younger so I didn't want to say the wrong thing and make her uncomfortable. So when she asked me last night if I wanted to be her boyfriend I got shocked. So shocked that I couldn't speak. I have to tell her that I really like her and that I do want to be her boyfriend.
"Mooom!!" I raced downstairs.
"What is it, sweetheart? Are you hungry? Because dinner is almost ready."
"No, I'm fine. Can you drive me over to Bella's really quickly?" She stopped stirring whatever she was cooking on the stove and turned around.
"You were with her for five days, Jake. You'll see her again on Monday."
"Please..."
"Why do you want to go over there so badly?" She asked me. I sighed.
"Please."
"Not until you give me a reason, young man."
******************
My "Bedroom" (Southampton, NY) (Bella's Perspective)
"Come in." I said quietly. Mom closed the door behind her.
"How are you feeling?" Mom asked me. I turned away and looked out of the window.
"Are you ready to talk?" Mom asked.
"No, and I don't think I'll ever be." I rubbed my eyes. Mom sat down and hugged me.
"Aww Bella, don't say that. I know you, I've had the pleasure of knowing and raising you for the past 9 years. You're a very strong young lady and you know how to communicate your feelings on your own terms. You're thoughtful (most of the time) and you try to not hurt others when expressing your feelings. It's not that you don't want to talk..it's that you're afraid and sometimes I think you're afraid of what I'll think and the other times I think you judge yourself too much and hold yourself to such impossible standards. You shouldn't have to feel that way." A tear fell from my eye.
"I'm going to go order some food, now. Do you want anything in particular?"
"Dumplings..please." She nodded.
"Also, I noticed that you left your penguin in the car. I brought it up for you, I hope it helps you feel bett-"
"Get it away from me! I don't want that penguin!" I threw it across the room.
****************
Bella's "Bedroom" (Olivia's Perspective)
"Get it away!"