Meeting Anna

Pret A Manger (Bella's Perspective)
Mom and I talked about me joining this mentor program thing. It sounded cool, so I agreed. Today I was meeting my mentor.
"Hello, my name is Anna."
"My name is Bella, nice to meet you!"
"Nice to meet you too. I heard you like chocolates. I brought you one."
"Thank you!" Anna seemed really nice. She has brown hair and brown eyes.
"So, tell me about yourself." I proceeded to tell her about things I loved and hated, my family, and my fears." The last two were pretty personal but she assured me that it'd be kept a secret.
"Bella, we all have our struggles, it's okay. I've been wronged before."
"You have?"
"Yes, by an adult. But, we can talk about that at a later date." She sipped her water.
"So you're a teacher, do you like your job?"
"Very much. It's the highlight of my day. Do you like school?"
"Yeah, and I'm pretty good at it, don't mean to brag."
"Favorite subject?"
"I like English these days. It speaks to me."
***************
Wednesday (September 3rd) (Noah's Perspective)
Today was my first day of school. It was sucky that my anniversary was on the first day of school but Morgan and I were gonna hang out later, so it makes up for it.
"Noah, I want some pictures before you leave!"
"Mom!" I whined.
"Sorry, you look so handsome!" Mom was gonna drive me to school along with Leia and Bella.
"Say cheese loser."
"Bella, cut it out, missy." Mom said playfully.
"You look handsome, brother!" We walked over to the car and my sisters rode with Mom and me and she went to drop me off.
"Your school looks so advanced!" Bella said.
"Noah, have an amazing day at school, good luck!"
"Good luck bubbs!"
"Bye guys." Morgan was there waiting with Angela and Kole.
"Happy anniversary!"
"Aww, thank you." She held the chocolates in her hand."
"I have your present, it's at home."
"So this is the long ass line for registration?"
"Yep, we're lucky enough to be near the front. Come in front of me before they try to boot you off like they did that other kid." When I came to get my id picture taken I didn't get a schedule, which means we were getting it here. This should be interesting because there's like a thousand kids.
"Last name?"
"Benson." Morgan, Kole, and Angela said theirs. They gave us our ID's and our schedule. All four of us had only seven periods. Meaning we got to leave school early. My schedule was the same everyday which makes it super easy to learn.
Period 1: Math, Period 2: Government, Period 3: Spanish, Period 4: Gym, Period 5 :(A Lunch) Period 6: English, Period 7: Earth Science
"Noah, we all have Earth Science together."
"Cool, because then we could all leave together." Some of my other friends from my old school like Bret and Amelia came. This would be the start of a fantastic year. I already had a friend group, and when I went to class the people were friendly.
"Hey, it looks like we're sitting next to each other."
"Hey." The dude was playing some video game.
"What's your name?"
"Ace. You?"
"Noah." People who were struggling to find their class were still coming in and Ace and I got to talk about video games and stuff.
"I'm so bored these days I've been watching Dragon Ball Z over and over."
"I thought it was just me!" This is great. In about an hour I'd have 2nd period with Morgan and Ace, this is a start to a pretty cool year.
**************
West 89th Street (Olivia's Perspective)
Bella: Mama, I'm out of therapy and it was so good! I feel very relaxed now! Are you gonna be home for dinner?!
I smiled at Bella's text.
Me: I'm coming home right now, what's for dinner babe?
Bella: Lucy and I are making quesadillas and guacamole. Should we make arroz con frijoles too?
Me: Definitely.
"Someone's smiling."
"Yeah, Bella told me that she's helping cook tonight. I think I'm in for a treat."
"She can cook?"
"A bit, it's cute that she makes the effort. She even made me a cake the other day because I said I was craving it." I said to Kat.
"Do you want me to drop you home?"
"No, it's alright. Have a great night."
"You too, stay safe." I started to drive home and I got a call from the house phone.
"Hello?"
"Mommy, Mommy! Can you hear me?"
"Yes baby Lei, Mommy hears you."
"Can you get a pizookie?"
"Leia, no more pizookies, you've been having way too many sweets."
"Aww, but I love sweets!"
"I know you do, how about I bring home something I think we can both agree on."
"Chinese food?!" We both giggled.
"No, I'm going to buy some tomatoes and when I get home I'm a couple of minutes dear I'll make my homemade salsa."
"I love your salsa! Mommy, today in music class my teacher was helping me learn how to play the piano and she said I did very well today."
"I'm so proud of you! Do you wanna show me when I get home?"
"Duh! And Mommy, can you tuck me in tonight? Please?"
"Yes, babe. Alright, I'm going to the grocery store, I'll be home really soon!"
"Okay, bye! Love you, Mommy!"
"Love you!" I picked up the tomatoes and found myself back in the car extremely quickly. I parked across the street from home and went inside.
"I'm making salsa, am I too late?"
"No, just on time," I said hello to Lucy and gave Bella a kiss.
"Try some."
"Delicious. Good job. Where's Noah?"
"He's outside."
"Noah, how was school?"
"I had so much fun. I got A lunch and I went to go get pizza down the road with everyone. And I played basketball during gym."
"You look really happy. I'm glad you love your school babe. Tell me more when it's dinner time."
"Alright! I'll set the table in five."
"Thank you, honey."
"Mommy, it's salsa time!"
"It is. I see you're in your jammies! You're going to bed early tonight because-"
"It's the first day school! I know! I'm so excited! Because I'm in a class with Bailey and Christina again!"
"Yes, I heard. You three are trouble!"
"No, we're not!"
"Yes you are, I babysat you guys for a few minutes and I was traumatized," Bella stated.
"Trauma what?"
"She means she was scared."
"Oh! We're not scary!"
**************
The Night Before (Bella's Perspective)
It was the night before the first day of 8th grade and for some reason, I was feeling a ton of emotions. I suddenly remembered that I told Jake that I was gonna tell him what's up after school tomorrow. I think I wanna barf! But, I could be calm, right? What's the worst that can happen? Him totally thinking that I'm a freak! That's what!
Jessica: I can't wait for tomorrow!
Paisley: me too! I can't believe summer is over
Hilary: I'm so not ready to do homework again! 🙄
Jake: Homework sucks, but treats after school don't
Axel: Let's all hang out tomorrow
Carson: We better get a good schedule this year!
Kylie: Where's Bells?!
Hannah: She's probably getting ready for tomorrow, yk!

My phone was blowing up with texts from the group chat. It made me laugh and took my mind off of that thing. I put on some music as I started to do my little night routine. I love listening to Doja Cat and things relating to that.
"He ain't ever seen it in a dress like this!" I dried my face with my towel and applied my moisturizer.
"Bella, are you ready for bed?"
"Mhm. I'm just washing my face, Mom." I turned my music off and sat on my bed.
"I just wanted to check-in. Are you nervous?"
"Definitely not. I'm more excited."
"That's good. Just do your best as always this year. You know Elliot and I are proud of you and love you so much, right?"
"Yeah, I know." I yawned and picked up a book.
"Sweet dreams." Mom gave me a kiss and left my room.
Me: Gosh all I did was wash my face and I have like 100 notifications!
Kylie: I'm so doneee, Bella meet up in front of the building before school. That goes for everyone here too. We need to see our schedules ASAP!
Paisley: something tells me they'll be shitty.
Hannah: have hope gurl!
Brayden: I'm with Pais on this one, the school is shit our schedules.
I giggled loudly as my friends and I traded jokes.
"Bella, shut up!" Noah yelled.
"Tell Morgan I said Hi!"
"I can't do that with you laughing so loud. Are you talking to Jake again?"
"No...Not just him anyways. Get out of my room!"

To be continued*