Our First Day

First Day Of School (Noah's Perspective)
I fixed my tie and then folded down my collar. I'm in 8th grade now. I'm going to high school next year. Next month, I'll be going to various schools, list them, and hopefully get into one or two. It was weird. My last year at this school. I hated it at first, but I actually grew to love it. I can't take this year for granted.
Morgan: Hey Dude, we're all gonna walk to school together, right?
Me: Duh! Where are you guys?
Morgan: At my house eating breakfast. Your idiot friends aren't even ready yet. I suppose you aren't either.
Me: Woah! Bro, I'm ready. Just tell me when you get outside. It's too early for this 💀
Morgan: Of course 😘
"Noah! I'm going to kill you!"
"What did I do now?!"
"Did you use my gel?!"
"Yes...actually, no."
"How am I supposed to do my edges?! This was for me, you bozo!"
"I'm sorry jeez."
"Go to hell."
"I'm telling Mom you said that."
"Go ahead, tell her if you're so brave. I'll be waiting." I've never heard Bella say that before.., I really messed up.
"Mom said don't forget your lunch, because you're an idiot."
"I said sorry."
"Sorry doesn't help my poor unlaid baby hairs! I can't have knotless braids and no edges done! Ugh!" She stomped out of my room and down the stairs.
*************
The Kitchen (Leia's Perspective)
"Mommy, this is going to be amazing!"
"What?"
"Me going to kindergarten!"
"Yes, you're right! What are you most excited about?"
"Being with Barron and Bailey."
"Awww!" Bella ate her oatmeal quietly and looked at me.
"Barron is so cute. He has these small dimples. So cute."
"What's dimples?"
"When you have a little circle on your cheek. Like Noah!"
"Ohh."
"Bella, don't forget your water and juice. And, don't come home without signing up for an after school activity."
"I'm doing band again Mom."
"Great."
"You two, ready? I'm driving you guys to school today." I was really excited! I was wearing my favorite skirt overalls and my pink sneakers! I couldn't wait to be with my friends.
"Noah, I want a picture of you before you leave."
"Sure." We all had to take a lot of pictures and then Noah left the house!
"Leia, Mommy's going to drop you off and guess who's gonna pick you up?!"
"Elliot?"
"No..."
"Aunt Amanda?"
"No...Lucy!"
"Yeah, I can't wait!"
"Mom, can I come to the precinct after school? Or should I come straight home?" We left the house and went into the car.
"Bella sweetheart, I'll text you and tell you. Okay? And, if you need help call me."
"Alright, Mom." We were in the car for a while and I was talking to Bella:
"Bella, what happens in big kid school?"
"Well, you get to have lunch in the big cafeteria with all of the other kids. But, there's no more nap time."
"No more nap time? But, I get really tired. School is a lot!" Bella and Mommy laughed.
"I wish I could have nap time but I don't anymore. Bella looked at her piece of paper and I looked at it.
"What's that?"
"My schedule. It tells me all of the classes I have."
"Leia honey, we're at your new school. Are you ready?" We went inside the school building and went into the kindergarten room. It was big!
"Why, Hello. My name is Ms.Raxby. What is your name?"
"My name is Leia. Nice to meet you." I shook her hand and Mommy and Bella went with me to my cubby.
"That's my seat?"
"Yeah, you sit next to someone named Christina," Bella said.
"Give me one last hug!"
"Alright, baby Lei."
"Love you, have a great day sweetheart!"
"Love you too!"
**************
Trinity School (Bella's Perspective)
My schedule was quite interesting, to say the least. I wasn't sure whether I should hate it or love it.
Monday: Social Studies, Math, Art, English, Lunch, Gym, Latin, French, Dismissal
Tuesday: French, Math, Gym, Latin, Lunch, English, Music, Social Studies, Dismissal
Wednesday: Latin, Gym, English, Math, Social Studies, French, Music, Lunch, (Early Dismissal)
Thursday: Gym, Music, Art, English, Lunch, Math, Social Studies, French, Latin, Dismissal
Friday: Math, English, Social Studies, Music, Lunch, Gym, French, Latin, Dismissal

Today was Tuesday so I was heading straight to French with Hannah.
"Alright, Bella go straight to class and have an amazing day. Okay? I love you so much and you make me so proud."
"Alright, Mom. I'll text you at lunch."
"I'll be waiting young lady." I went inside and gave Hannah a hug.
"You look so great!"
"So do you!"
"I like your braids, Bella."
"Thank you...They took 6 hours."
"Six?!"
"I have a lot of hair." We both laughed and waited.
"Is Kylie coming?"
"Yeah, we didn't carpool today because she went to see her sister go to kindergarten."
"Aww, yeah she and my sister go to Trevor. So cute."
"So cute."
"Hannah, Bella!" We did a group hug!
"Hey, it's been a hot minute. And, you cut your hair!"
"Yeah, I just wanted to try something out. I'll probably grow it out."
"I dig this new length." I fixed her hair and gave her another hug.
"So we're all early to French?"
"Basically. Catch me up."
"Over the summer, I went to France. So I got that real French experiment."
"I went to India. Where did you go, Bella?"
"I didn't go anywhere."
"How come?"
"Mom wanted to stay here for once. I'm glad she did because Elliot proposed."
"Aww! I'm so happy for you guys! You Mom deserves it."
"So, do you know who else is in this class?"
"Hey-" Tristan waves and we all said hi.
"H-Hi!" Kylie's face got red and he sat down.
"You guys have French too?"
"Yeah."
"Great, all the homies got it later. How was your summer?" Kylie was having a hard time containing herself. It's was so hilarious.
*************
Outside Of School (Noah's Perspective)
We were just walking around because we didn't really have anything to do. Class starts at 8:10 and it was only after 7.
"You guys wanna go get Starbucks or something?"
"Sure. We have time."
"Noah, it's on me." I smiled.
"It's okay, you don't have to."
"I insist."
"Thanks." There's something about it. Whenever I'm with Morgan things feel different. Not in a bad way. It's interesting for me honestly.
"Yo Noah,"
"Yeah?"
"She obviously likes you," Bret said while putting his arm around my shoulder.
"You guys are so lovey-dovey with each other."
"Okay, I wouldn't say lovey-dovey that's a bit of a stretch."
"You guys do this weird indirect flirting thing." Megan turned back and looked at Morgan who was eyeing us.
"She really does like you Noah."
"And how do you know that?"
"I know my friend. She's liked you since the 6th grade. She just doesn't think you like her back."
"Noah, what do you want? Do you want a drink or do you want something to eat?"
"Probably just a drink."
"Frappuccino?"
"Yep."
"Vanilla bean with 2 pumps of hazelnut. Got it, buddy."
"How-"
"True. Love."
***********
Art Class (Leia's Perspective)
"Can you pass the pink paint please?" The boy gave it to me and I smiled.
"That's your favorite?"
"Yes! Pink and purple and green!"
"Why is it your favorite?"
"Because. I like it." Why is he asking me this question? I painted my pink cat and I smiled.
"That looks beautiful!"
"Thank you, and the kitty is playing with my doggy Ryan."
"Aww, that's adorable. Go out it on the rack to dry."
"Barron, look at my painting."
"The kitty is so pink. Eww."
"Why is it yucky?"
"It's too pink."
"I think it looks pretty." My feelings are hurt. Why did he say that? I put it on the rack and sat down.
"You look grumpy."
"You look too happy."
"Why are you sad?"
"Barron said my painting isn't pretty," I said to Christina.
"Your Kitty was pretty. He's mean." She gave me a hug and I felt a bit better.
"I'm going to make another kitty, but this time, so big!"
"And, I'll help you!" I smiled. Christina is my new friend. I like her.
***************
Lunch (Bella's Perspective)
I don't know if it's just me, but Brayden got cuter. He's tanner, a bit taller, and his new haircut makes him look super cool.
"Hey, Bella!"
"Hey!" He sat next to me and we started catching up. That was until:
"Hey Brayden. I was wondering if you could help me out with the Math homework. You're a literal genius."
"Sure, just not right now. I'm kinda busy." He just put her in her place...
"Okay, how about Starbucks after school. But, I don't want anyone else to come." Charlotte said. Why is she being so...mean? I mean, we were just talking but she didn't have to shade me like that. That was so rude.
"I'll ask my Mum." She walked away swiftly and I rolled my eyes. Kylie stared at me.
"She's so rude, what's her problem?"
"I don't know," I whispered.
"Sorry about that Bella."
"I'm okay. It's okay." I lied. I wanted to tell her off right there and then but Brayden would probably hate me if I did. I just wanted to say, 'Brayden doesn't associate himself with such rude people, and he won't let you speak about me like that.' But, I couldn't. My throat closed up the words, all of the words I wanted to say just..evaporated from my mouth. My therapist said self-control is key. How the hell am I supposed to have self-control?!
"Okay, those girls at that table keep staring at us. This cannot be good." What a nice start to the freaking school year.

To be continued~