P R E F A C E

╰────────────────────────⋞╯
S U M M A R Y

Centering on the lives of rich spoilt kids in the Federal capital, The Elites depicts the struggles they have to go through to prove themselves to the world, and to themselves as they seek to find acceptance, power, inheritance, trust, truth and love.

World's famous Jeremiah Ozor's world comes clashing down when he realizes that he's the illegitimate son of one of the most powerful men in the country. Abandoned by his mother, his father tries to bury the truth about his birth and existence by banishing him and exposing him to the loneliness that laid the foundations of his aggression.

After 8 years, Jeremiah returns to a life he was never given a chance to get used to, forced to exist with a half-brother that hates him and blames him for the death of his mother, a father that controlled his life for politics and political gains, and tripled his pockets by maintaining a lie, a fiancé he has absolutely no feelings for, and a mother that has refused to have anything to do with him.

He meets shy and no-confidence Kora, who has had her own share of a lonely and painful existence, abnormal families, and a traumatic past. Irritated by her at first for lying to him just like everyone else and cat fishing in order to deceive him and get him to remain friends with her, something happened on his engagement night that changed both their stories forever and what used to be a hate story, turned to a love one that consumes them both.

Loyalty and love gets tested, family secrets get revealed, legacies and inheritances get battled for.

The Elites is a story about hierarchy, power, family, freedom, secrets, betrayal, choices and a school. Who has power? Who is in control? Who belongs to the one percent? Who belongs to the one percent within that one percent? Who are the real gods walking on this very earth and how far can they go to get what they want?

It is a rich people's story you have not read before.

╰────────────────────────⋞╯A U T H O R' S   N O T E

A U T H O R' S   N O T E.

Hello, My name is Vanessa and I am the Author of  The Elites and if you've chosen this book as your next read, I want you to know how lucky and extremely special you are because you, just like everyone else that have come across this book, have a niche for greatness. This book consists of 120 exceptional chapters which would be narrated in first (by the 2 main leads of the book), and third, (by an imaginary character) persons. No, this is not the Spanish Netflix version as there are no similar parts or scenes between Netflix's version and mine.

It is also NOT A COPY, AN ADAPTATION OF, OR BASED ON the Korean drama the Heirs, as even though they both teach the same lessons, they are two different story lines, with different characterization, settings, and plot. The Elites was rather INSPIRED by it out of many other real life events that brought about my inspiration to create the masterpiece which it is. (S/o to Kim Eun-sook and the entire team for the amazing drama btw, it was beautiful and I learned a lot and was inspired to a good extent by it especially for the INITIAL development of Jeremiah's character).

This work (The Elites is purely fictional but based off of realities that people tend to forget. It doesn't just tell you a story, it tells you multiple sides to a story and leaves you with at least one significant memory or realization by the final chapter. Any familiar scenes you may recognize here (which I highly doubt),  are purely coincidental as I am not much of a reader or a movie person. I simply - just - write.

Writing this book changed a lot of perspectives for me and I hope it does for you too. I don't ask for anything else but your support by Voting and actively commenting on if not all, your favorite moments in this book. It's fine if you do not want to, but doing that, leaves me with a feeling of fulfillment and encouragement especially when you realize that I do deserve it.

Enjoy the next 24-96 hours of your time.
Xoxo.