Chapter 87

Jeremiah

Jeremiah

I remembered...

We were silent for a long while, a really long while. You could hear the whooshing sound of the wind even as we walked down the stairs leading to the lecture block together. After the really intense kiss we had, I could tell we were both embarrassed to face each other. I wasn't embarrassed, but it looked like Kora was and she looked even more cute trying to avoid eye contact with me. I remembered how she kept a straight face every second right until we got to where we had to part ways. The fork road by the left leading to the parking lot where I was headed to, and the lecture halls by the right where she was supposed to be at. We stopped walking.

I slowly turned to face her, there was a huge smile on my face and it grew even wider when I turned to her. Look at her trying to act like she wasn't dying to hear me say something even if it was just "goodbye" .

"So cute." I scoffed silently. I was going red as I let a wide smirk spread on my face. I turned around just as she turned to me.

"What?" She asked pretending like she hadn't heard what I had said. I turned back to her.

"You're so cute." Dang! Like I wasn't going to say it again. I was never going to get tired of saying those words to her. "Babe." I just had to add that last part to get a reaction from her. It sounded weird, really goffy too but I loved the sound of it. She scoffed.

"What?"

"What?" I pouted.

"What did you just call me?"

"Babe?"

"Babe, as in?"

I nodded, keeping a straight but yet pouty face while I stared into her eyes.

"Babe as in my girlfriend."

She sneered.

"Don't call me that."

"Babe or my girlfriend?"

She rolled her eyes.

"I'm not your girlfriend."

"Says who?"

"Says me."

"You are my girlfriend."

Now we were both acting like two year olds. She cleared her throat, trying so hard to stop herself from letting out a smile even though she was unintentionally showing it by blushing so hard. She was softening up to me without even realizing it.

"What are you talking about?" She asked in a whisper. "Don't be ridiculous."

I frowned.