Chapter 109

Lady K

"Where is the chairman?" Lilian had her cold stare on Obianuju who had only just arrived to receive her and Kora the moment they walked into the house. Thankfully for them, it was easy passing security at the front gate since Lilian had already called Obianuju before hand to order the security to grant them access into the mansion.

The smile on Uju's face started to vanish when she noticed their moods. Lilian was in no way looking like she had come for a friendly visit. She had her hand wrapped around Kora's and had a huge frown on her face. Both their eyes were swollen like they had been crying for a while. Something was definitely wrong. She narrowed her gaze on the envelope in Lilian's left hand as she gripped on tightly to it. She couldn't help but wonder what was wrong with the mood, with their mood. She rose her head slowly to Kora but Kora looked away when their eyes met. She couldn't even bring herself to face her Nanny because she knew the moment she did, she was going to break down into even more tears.

Kora looked weak.
It had been an emotional rollercoaster for her since she told her mother everything, all those horrible words Benjamin had told her over lunch and she had never seen her mother so upset as she was the moment she did. She had done all she could to stop her mother from doing what she was about to do but knowing the kind of person Lilian was, she would rather die than watch anyone step on any of her children and Benjamin had just stepped on both of them.

"Lilian," Uju tried to keep her voice as calm as she could. "Is anything the matter?"

Lilian let out a frustrated breath. She wasn't in the mood to explain her reasons to anyone besides Benjamin. It was really obvious, why couldn't Obianuju see it?

"Where is the chairman?" She repeated the same question just in case Uju didn't hear it the first time.

Obianuju exhaled.

"He's in his study, first room by your left." Obianuju was kind enough to give directions. Lilian exhaled and pulled Kora to turn with her, right before Obianuju grabbed her arm quickly. She turned back.

"Lilian, if there's a problem-"

Lilian pulled her arm away before she could even say the rest of her sentence. She turned and started to storm towards the entrance leading to the left wing of the hallway, narrowing her eyes the moment she noticed the brown door exactly where Obianuju had said it would be. She could hear Uju's footsteps behind them while a maid walked out from the room holding a small tray filled with multivitamins in it. The maid gasped when she noticed how Lilian and Kora were storming towards the door.

"I'm sorry, you can't go inside," she tried to stop them, standing in their way. "The chairman is-"
Lilian pushed her aside immediately and walked into the huge room still pulling Kora behind her. The room was cold and had a really appeasing scent. There was a library at the left side of the room with book shelves and a spiral stairs that led to it. If not because she wasn't exactly in the mood of admiration, Kora would have had the chance to appreciate the portraits of fine and details arts on the wall in a different circumstance. The awards too, displayed on a huge glass shelf behind the huge chair and perfectly carved table and then him, Benjamin Ozor, sitting in it.

She held her breath the moment she watched him raise his gaze up to meet theirs. He didn't look surprised at all to see them. Kora held her breath, the man in front of her was terrifying. After the way he acted the last time they met, she couldn't brush off all the words he said to her. Looking at him brought it all back.

Benjamin drew a deep breath and then dropped his pen, letting a wry smile curve his lips as he rubbed his fingers against each other.

"Ahh," he said. "You came. I've been expecting you."