Chapter 36

Lady K

Lady K

There is nothing worse than being talked down on by the same people you hold so dear, the same people you'd do anything, and I mean everything for. It was going to take more than a few hours, and a new day to forget everything Christian had said to him the day before. Jeremiah had spent the entire morning sulking, and now he just stood in front of the huge mirror at the center of his big all-white dressing room, fixing the button on his sleeves, taking his time.

What was fun about school anyway? It was the same thing that happened all week. Attend a few classes with a few rich kids, and all that, and before he knew it, he was back home again. It was a good thing though, school was his only chance to just get away, to get away from that house. Manuel was going to be back in a few days, and that meant his movements were going to be limited. He could see the two maids that tried to tidy his dressing room from the mirror, and there were two other in his bedroom, keeping it in order. Just how many maids had to clean up his room anyway?

Rich people problems.

Not like he needed all those maids. Jeremiah didn't really have the luxury of having maids attend to him and take care of him all his life. For the first eight years of his life, he was the one attending to the rich folks, and then the next eleven years, he had lived a life of invincibility. At least he had tried to. He lived on his own. Not exactly on his own, since there was this old lady that helped take care of the really big house he used to live in. One of the many mansions that belonged to his family in the diaspora. She cooked for him too. Jeremiah wasn't too keen on eating foreign food. He loved his african dishes too well.

He exhaled, and then walked away from the mirror, his focus on the shoe section of his dressing room. He paused as one of the maids opened the glass, so he could walk in and choose from all of those shoes. There were so many of them. All designers, all different. Most of them not even worn.

"That one." He pointed at the brown suede on the second row. It was Michael Kors. The maid hurried to it, and got it down. She didn't have to worry about cleaning it, since they always made sure all his shoes were clean everyday. Jeremiah put them on as fast as he could, and then turned to another glass. His bag section. There was another maid there waiting for him to make a selection. He looked at his shoes, and then looked at the bags. He just needed one that fit. He grabbed one and walked away from the room.

"Have a great day sir." The maids chorused as they watched him walk to the door as fast as he could. Same old, same old.

Jeremiah paused when he got to the door. He had noticed something there, right beside it. It was the same shoe he had worn to school the day before. The one Kora had stepped on. God, just thinking about it made him so annoyed. He turned to the maids who had stopped what they were doing, and were now looking at him.

"Dispose of this." He instructed. They bowed quickly. Jeremiah opened the door, and then walked out.

"Jer." He let out a weak exhale the moment he heard Kodi yell his name. She was running after him as fast as she could, dressed in her uniform. She joined him as he walked down the stairs. "Good morning." She had a very cheerful look on her face.