Chapter 102

Lady K

Lady K

The table was quiet, really quiet. It was the first time ever, her first time.

Natalie had woken up to a shock that morning. She could have sworn that sitting on the couch was the last thing she remembered before she closed her eyes but she had woken up in his bed without him by her side and when she walked down the stairs to look for him, she could smell the pancakes. They smelt really good. She walked into the Kitchen and got the surprise of her life.

There was the man she was looking for, preparing breakfast for the both of them. That had never ever happened since she got married to him. Christian never made his own breakfast before not to talk about breakfast big enough for them both, not like he had anywhere to go, he still wasn't allowed anywhere near Benoil.

She remembered how he turned back to smile at her and encouraged her to freshen up while he set the table. It felt like a dream, like a really good dream. Never in her life did she think she was going to see the day that was ever going to happen. What had changed? Something was definitely up. Was Christian changing?

She couldn't take her eyes off him even as she watched him eat slowly on the table. Everything still felt like a dream. She had her plate filled with enough food she could eat but the shock on her was just too much to. She watched him take a sip from his orange drink before she let out a shaky breath, lowering her hands to her belly and gripping on it tightly the moment she felt a sharp pain there.

She drew a deep breath, and then let it out, pretending to keep a straight face. She reached for her tea cup and took a slow sip, the pain got better every time she did.

"Are you okay?" She raised her head immediately and her eyes met his. He had noticed how uncomfortable she was even with her failed attempt to act like she was okay. Natalie rubbed her belly. The pain had started again but she forced a smile on her face.

"I'm fine." She lied. Christian frowned. She looked everything but fine. Even when she tried to force a smile on her face, she still looked like she was in pain somewhere. "My belly is just acting up again."
She was talking about the once in a while belly pains she had been experiencing for the past one week that had just gotten worse.  "It's just stress." She wanted to make him less worried than he already looked. "It's nothing my drugs won't fix."

He dropped his fork immediately and took off his napkin from his shirt.

"Where are they?"

"Huh?"

"Your drugs?"

Natalie bit on her lip.

"You don't have to."  She faked a smile. "I'd just get them myself after breakfast."

Christian got up slowly, pushing his chair back too.

"It's fine." He volunteered before she got up. "Where can I find them?"