Chapter 54

Lady K

Lady K

Grace opened the bathroom door, right after she flushed. She headed straight to the tap to wash her hands.

"Did you guys hear about what happened at the GBTS gala last night?"

She choose to ignore the three girls that happened to be taking a long time doing whatever it was they were doing in front of the mirror. One of them was washing her hands, while the other was wearing her red lipstick, and the last one just couldn't take her eyes off her phone. Grace took a quick glance at them from the mirror, turning on her tap, and putting her hands right under it.

"Of course I did." The one with her phone added. "I saw it myself. I was there."

"By the way," The other one stopped wearing her lipstick for a second. "Who was that girl Jeremiah kissed last night? Do you think she's from around here? Do you think she schools here?"

"I heard she does." The first one walked to the hand drier. "There are facts about her all over the group chat. She's new young money."

The second one scoffed.

"How can Jerry fall for one of them?" She asked. "New young money?"

"I bet my one naira, She's the one throwing herself at him. There's no way Jeremiah would deliberately choose to be with someone from new young money, when he hasn't finished dating young money yet. I heard she seduced him first."

"I feel so sad for Oma." The last one pouted. "Imagine being disgraced and disappointed like that, on your own engagement party. I want to fight for her so bad. How can Jeremiah choose that cheap street whore over her? This is so sad."

"Do you think Oma is going to let this slide?"

"Of course not. Have you forgotten the kind of person she is? How scary she is? I feel sorry for that girl, because she has no idea what kind of a mess she's in."

The bathroom door opened immediately, and Seven and her minions walked in. The girls jumped in fright.

"Everyone, get out!"  Seven ordered.

The girls quickly grabbed their bags from the sink. They knew better than to not listen to her. Grace turned to leave too, right behind the girls.

"Not you." One of Seven's girls told her. "You stay."

"M-me?" Grace was so confused. She had never thought she was ever going to have to see Seven or her friends ever again, since she didn't have a black card anymore. Why were they asking her to stay behind now, when she had not done anything to provoke them? She lowered her head to Seven's hands. There was an envelope in it. A big brown envelope. She raised her head slowly to Seven, and watched her tilt hers a little bit to the side. Grace cringed. It was like she could read her mind. Two of Seven's girls started to walk towards her as fast as they could. They grabbed her arms.