Chapter 65

Jeremiah

Jeremiah

"Did you do it?"

"Yes. I had all the groceries and food items delivered to the address as you asked. I'm scared that I might have a back ache from carrying all those rice and beans bags."

"😅 like you even carried anything."

"I did. Should I show you pictures?"

"I'm good."

"Are you sure she won't send them back?"

"You didn't tell them who they were from, did you?"

"Of course I didn't. But I think she knows it was all your handwork."

"Don't worry about it. She has no choice. It's not like she'd know where to return them to anyway. She definitely can't return them to me. Uh- that reminds me, do you still have access to that guy that works for your father? The private investigator I mean?"

"Sure. I mean he still owes me one or two favors. What's up? You're trying to find someone else?"

"Not someone per say. More like an information."

"Information? On who?"

"This new guy that got admitted into NAUN yesterday. I think his name is Charles. I can't remember his last name tho. He's a second level student. I just want to know who he is, and if he ever had anything to do with Kora, and if he did, what it was. I need an explanation to why she acted that way yesterday. She won't talk to me about it."

"Kora again? Wait, you weren't joking about what you said on the phone last night? You're really going to tell her about how you feel? You really like her? You're really going to make a move?"

"Yes."

"🥺 yo, I have real goosebumps right now. You're beginning to get so cute. It's scary."

"Loool, Can you help me?"

"Bro, since she doesn't want you to find out, don't?"

"Nah, I have a bad feeling about this. Something is wrong and I can feel it. I'm unsteady, and I don't like it."

"You're worried about her. It's normal when you like someone."

"Can you just help me?"

"I'll see what I can find."

"Thanks man...For everything."

Thank you for not asking any questions. I stopped my chat with Kingsley, turned off my phone's screen. and threw my phone into one of the pockets of my blazer, holding on tightly to the flowers and tiny bag of chocolates in my hand, taking a deep breath while I raised my head, so I could see where I was going. I was so lost in my phone that I hadn't even even realized I was close to my destination. Funny how I didn't have to look too hard to get to her room. The directions I got on my way were enough for me. I got to the front of her door, and then exhaled, right before I knocked on it.