Chapter 19

Lady K

Lady K

"What do you think about this one?"

Natalie squinted at the yellow snake skinned- leather bag in front of her, noticing the details, studying it carefully.
"It's a Veronica Wang design from her recent collection." She barely looked at the store attendant talking to her. You would have thought she was listening but she wasn't. "Unique for it's exquisite look, it's exactly what you need Mrs Ozor."

"Hmm."

Natalie raised her head finally to the woman, a wide smile spreading across her face. Not that she didn't have an entire closet filled with designer bags already, some she had not even worn yet. She just wanted something else, something different. Bag shopping was what she always did to let off steam, to relief herself of stress. It was one thing she never got tired of and that was why she was known all over the country for never ever wearing a bag more than once. The look on her face wasn't satisfactory at all, the attendant could see it.

She let out a nervous chuckle the moment she noticed Natalie's gaze stretching towards the collection of bags on the long shelf in the display glass. She hurried to the glass. It was going to be a shame if Natalie had to walk out of the store without getting what she wanted, especially since she was a regular, an A-list regular. VVIP.

"What about this?" She tried to reach for a silver clutch bag with tiny shiny ruby stones embedded in a G on it. "It's Gucci-"

"Let me see that one." Natalie interrupted her before she even bothered to get the bag down. The lady stopped for a while and then turned to Natalie. She could see Natalie's eyes and pointed fingers focused at the other side of the shelf, far away from the other bags and in a different glass.

She hurried to it as fast as she could.

"Oh." The lady said as she opened the glass and then took out the shiny, plain white leather bag from it gently. The smile on her face brightened as she hurried to the counter where Natalie stood patiently watching her. She wasn't in a hurry to go home anyway, not if she had to have another argument with Christian. She was going to spend the rest of her day doing the things she loved and spending money was in all of that. Natalie slowly took the bag from her. She examined it side by side.

"Beautiful isn't it?" The lady pushed closer to watch her. "There's only two of it in this world. This is one, and the first Lady has the other. It's really one of a kind."

Natalie raised her head to her.

"I'd take it." She announced, pushing the bag gently back to the lady. The lady's face brightened as she hurriedly took the bag.
"Give me a second please, I'd be right back-"

"Excuse me?"

The lady refrained from taking another step as she slowly turned to the really tiny voice that seemed really close to the counter. Natalie didn't turn even though she recognized the voice. It was a voice she was really familiar with. The smile on the attendants face widened as the knocking footsteps got closer to the counter, the scent of her cologne filling the air, mixing with Natalie's. She slowly placed her both hands on the counter and then leaned towards it, exposing her Iced wristwatch and twin iced bracelets, both jewelries coated in shiny diamonds. She wasn't alone, two more hands appeared on the counter, all iced.