Chapter 97

Lady K

Lady K

"We are here live at Benoil Group to witness the election of the new CEO of the company. According to out sources, this election is going to be the first in the company's history as it has been confirmed that there would be a vote by the board of directors for a temporary replacement for Chief Benjamin Ozor, whose current predicament is still unknown to us. The vote shall be cast in favour of one of  his two oldest sons for the most competent replacement for the position their father left behind. As we all know, there has been no information whatsoever on the whereabouts of Benjamin Ozor since the shooting days ago, speculations have been made concerning where he could be. While some have cause to believe that the chairman might be no more, many fans of the conglomerate and the Ozor family have gathered in front of Benoil to show their support to the chairman and to his legacy. The big question still remains, where is Benjamin Ozor. Stay tuned as TBN news gives you all the updates live from Benoil."

There were tens of reporters gathered at the front of the large building, waiting to cover the big event that was going on inside. Security was tightened too. No one was allowed inside the building or out of it. Jeremiah drew a deep breath as he adjusted himself in one of really comfortable chairs around the large table. He took a quick look around. Everyone was present, every member of the board, and they all had their eyes fixed in the booklet in front of them. He turned to Christian who was sitting right across him, his eyes was focused in his booklet too. The room felt so cold but his palms were still sweaty. He tried to brush it off on his clean blue tuxedo, making it less obvious how worried he was.

Deep breaths Jer, deep breaths. It's just going to be like every other meeting like with your former management.

He had to keep his mind clear and his head focused. He adjusted yet again when a man walked to the front of the room, standing behind the podium in front of the really huge screen and tapped his mic twice.

"We will now begin the voting for the replacement of former Chairman, Benjamin Ozor as CEO prior to his request before the shooting. Anyone that is not in support of today's gathering, please say nay."

The entire room was silent. No one was against the voting. Since it was something Benjamin had specifically ordered in the forged letter his lawyer had provided as evidence, and Susan's false testimony, the board couldn't possibly refuse. Christian and Susan had gone the extra mile to make sure that there weren't any loose ends on that day. Everything had to be perfect.

"We would now begin to cast our votes." The man continued.

"Before we start anything," Christian asked for everyone's attention when he started that sentence. They all raised their heads towards his direction, including Jeremiah. "I'd like to remind those of you that might have forgotten that it has been my father's utmost wish that I became CEO in his stead. I've been trained for this moment all my life. My mother contributed greatly to its progress and I've devoted my life to it. I've seen this company through so many ups and down and come up with solutions every time. If there's anyone in this room more deserving of this position in this room, legally, legitimately and ethically, that person should be me." He slowly turned his gaze to Jeremiah and raised his brows. Jeremiah watched him right back. "I'm my fathers first son after all, a legitimate heir."