Final chapter

Jeremiah.
Six years later...

"Who else haven't we sent any invitations to?"
Oma asked as she caressed the tiny black invitation letter in front of her. Her slim hands rubbing it slowly with a satisfactory smile on her face. Her hair packed in a bun and her long legs complemented by her wide suit pants and crossed neatly on top of each other. Yes, six years was a long time and Oma learnt how to rock a suit especially since she had a reputation to keep as the CEO of Richwell and she looked so good in it.

A lot of years had passed and all of us had changed with it but Oma still managed to keep her beauty and youth intact. Besides the formal clothes and super mature look, she hadn't changed one bit.

"I think we've sent invitations to practically everyone."

She pouted, turning to Kingsley who was sitting right beside her in his pair of trousers and sweatshirt. She was now looking at one of the biggest real estate agents in the entire continent. Kingsley had also grown a lot all those years. Standing on his ground and refusing to get into the military like his father wanted and his brothers did, he had found his own path, his own life in real estate management. He also bought NAUN after Seven's family went bankrupt two years ago. He was a charm according to society and was on the way to making his first Forbes debut as we speak. He raised his head a little bit and drew a deep breath, pretending to think.

"I think we left one person out, Jer."
Oma scoffed.

"We didn't leave him out, I intentionally didn't include him."

"Why?"

"I didn't want to."

Kingsley scoffed and let a tiny smile on his face. Six years had passed and she still hadn't let go of her long time beef with me. My relationship with Oma hasn't exactly been defined since six years ago, it was more like there was a pause since she still found reasons to avoid me even after all those years. He clicked his tongue.

"It's been six years, don't tell me you're still mad at him for breaking your heart."

She scoffed.

"Don't be dramatic." She took a sip from her coffee mug.

"I'm hurt." Kingsley told her. "You promised you were over him."

"I am, you know I am, that's why I'm dating you right now."

Kingsley smiled. He might have loved the sound of that.

"If you want to invite him," she pushed an invitation card to him after she dropped her mug. "Give it to him yourself."

"No need." Kingsley told her. "You can give it to him yourself." Oma slowly raised her head to him. She could see how his gaze was somewhere else and how his face brightened. She traced his gaze to me, starting from my really fitted mauve suit trouser and tracing her eyes up my really long legs till her eyes finally met mine. I was really close to them now, taking my time as I walked to their table with a huge smile on my face. I watched her roll her eyes and turn back to Kingsley.

"You invited him?" She whispered when I got to the table but I heard her. Kingsley shrugged his shoulders, of course he invited me. I had to be a big part of their plan. As usual, Oma was trying to avoid meeting my gaze, it was how we were for the past six years, she always avoided me. It was so hard to even see her except it was on the news, she always avoided having coffee break with me or hangouts where I attended besides, no one could blame her, we were both really busy people now.

"You really know how to hurt my feelings Chioma." I let my smile widen.

"She missed you a lot, don't mind her." Kingsley said in my defense as Oma drew a deep breath, I could tell she was trying to keep her head in check. She had avoided me all those years intentionally, best bet was she had planned the perfect outfit and entrance in her head for the day we were going to meet and she never expected it to be that day. Kingsley had ruined her great plan to get back to the ex that had dumped her to be with his first love and show him what he missed. I knew exactly what she was embarrassed about. She cleared her throat and turned to me.