Chapter 106

Kora

Thank God for this man.

I had had the best birthday I could ever think of. My day had started with such a bomb being thrown in my face, Dad's will and all but when I was with him, it felt like none of them mattered. I had almost forgotten how crazy my day went and that really ugly fight that happened before he walked in like my prince on a white horse and took me away. Luke made me feel like a princess but Jeremiah, he made me better than a princess. He treated me like a queen, his queen. I felt so safe, like I could do anything when I was with him, holding his hand and looking at only him just like I was doing now while we walked down the busy street, cotton candy we had bought from the park in one hand and my flowers in the other.

My day was the best. First of all, Jerry took me to this really fancy place where he got me this really amazing dress and I had my make up done, then he took me to this really amazing Italian restaurant, emphasis on amazing because I had to eat whatever I wanted and even danced with him. Next stop was the zoo, then horse riding, the arcades, and then we went boat riding for a couple hours where he kissed me in the middle of the sea like it was the titanic again and then the park where he kissed me on top of the Ferris wheel yet again. I had totally forgotten how my life had turned upside down the past few days for the nine hours I spent with him and I didn't want it to end for a second. My heart fluttered with every second I spent with him. I was happy. Truly happy. Happier than I had ever been in my entire life. Jerry complimented me, he made me happy, just by looking at him and holding his hand. I was in love with him and enjoying every moment of it.

"What?" I said shyly, tucking my hair behind my ears when I noticed that he had been staring at me non-stop for three minutes straight with a huge smile on his face. He chuckled and then looked away.

"Nothing." He told me. "You're just so beautiful."

I scoffed.
How could he tease me like that? I knew I wasn't half as pretty as Oma or all the other girls that flocked themselves around him, begging for his attention. Yes, I was still learning the art of self confidence. I'm not that perfect come on, give me a break. I could feel my cheeks redden while I pursed my lips.

"I'm really happy I get to do this with you." He said.

"Me too." I told him. "Thank you, for making today special."

He stopped walking, causing me to stop walking too and then he slowly turned behind us, signaling the bodyguard that had been following us to stop too. The body guard turned to the car that was driving slowly behind us and gave it a signal. It came to a stop. I slowly turned to him.

"I want to make you happy Kora." He told me, pushing the strand of hair on my face back and behind my ears. "I want to always make you happy."

His words made my heart skip a lot of beats. No one had said such sweet words to me in a long time.

"And I want to always be with you like this," he traced his fingers around my collar bone and then passed them down my arm and I could feel a chill down my spine. "Holding your hand." He slowly reached for my hand with the flower in it. I wanted that too. I liked the sound of it. He exhaled.

"I told my Dad about you today." He told me. "I finally told him about how I felt about you and how I didn't want to get married to Oma anymore."

And?

My eyes asked him that question because my mouth was too heavy to. I was dying to know what his father had said about it. The smile on Jeremiah's face widened.