Chapter 48

Kora

Kora

I stood in front of the huge brown door. If I had followed the directions one of the old money juniors was kind enough to give me, after I had lied to her that I was new and had lost my way correctly, I was standing right in front of the door leading to the basketball court.

I looked around, taking my time, just to make sure I wasn't being followed, even though I could still spot about three cameras watching me at every corner. I drew a deep breath. The hallway was so empty. There wasn't even a single soul in it.

I held my breath when the door opened, and a girl walked out with her phone on her ears. She was dressed in her activity wear. I could hear the sound of a ball being bounced around from inside the room, followed by tiny laughs. If Jeremiah was really inside that room, then there was no way he was alone. I didn't wait for her to be completely gone, before I pushed myself into the room, the door closing by itself behind me.

The room was so bright, and it had a big basket ball court in the middle, with just two guys playing in it. I squinted my eyes towards the bleachers, making a quick scan around the place to see if Jeremiah was anywhere in sight, around the almost empty room. There he was, sitting in the middle, watching those playing. There were about two boys around him, laughing, and I could recognize them both. One was Kingsley, and the other was Sadiq.

I had no idea Jeremiah was friends with Sadiq. I had no idea anyone was friends with Sadiq. I mean, who didn't know Sadiq? One of the biggest play boys in the country, handsome, spoilt and according to people that had actually met him, he was really proud of himself all the time. I mean who wouldn't? I would, if I was the last son of the president of the country, or the only child out of the president's six children that actually schooled in the country.

Imagine being friends with the president's son? No wonder Jeremiah was like a demi god around here, that's what you become, when you roll with, and have ties with people that really matter, influential people. I wasn't surprised at all.

I ignored the rest of them, as I found my way towards the tiny group. Kingsley was the first to notice me. I came to a stop right in front of Jeremiah, who happened to be busy, so concentrated on the court. I stood in his way. I was going to catch his attention whether he liked it or not. I held my breath, as I watched him raise his head to me, the frown on his face thickening when he saw me. I had to be the last person he wanted to see at that point.

"Can we talk?" I asked him. If I was going to get into a lot of trouble so far so good for sneaking into that place, I knew. I just had to get on with it. You should have seen the way he scoffed, and then pushed himself back, so he could relax in his seat.

"You." Kingsley pointed at me. "Aren't you the girl from the other day? The one from the football field?"

I wasn't even paying him any attention, because I obviously wasn't there for him. He turned to Jeremiah.