Chapter 33

Kora

Kora

Both our attention got caught short the moment we heard Seven's loud voice. Oh no! Not again. I could see how Grace quickly turned to face her, fear gripping her immediately. I turned too, so I could see her, while she walked closer to us with her clique tagging along.  This time, there were more than five of them. More like ten.

"Seven." Grace turned completely to her, tucking her hair behind her ear quickly, so the wind didn't have to pull it over her eyes anymore. "I did all you asked. I've washed all the uniforms, dried and ironed them right in time for second half."

"Good to know." Seven smiled just a little bit. "Did you do it alone?"

"Ehn?"

What did it matter if she did it alone or not? What was important was she did it.

"Anyway." Seven placed her hand on her hip. "It doesn't matter." She stuck one of her legs out, right in front of Grace. "I've got to be in the field in ten seconds. My shoes are dusty. Fix it." She glared at Grace, the smile on her face disappearing completely.

I narrowed my brows, taking a step closer to them. Was she serious right now? How hard was it to clean her shoe herself? Grace hesitated. I could see it, and I was sure she could see it too.

"Didn't you hear me?" She asked her. "Did I speak Spanish?"

"I don't- I don't understand-"

"You don't know what fix it means?" One of the girls behind Seven asked her. "Are you dumb, or you're just stupid?"

"It means you should go on your knees and clean it, dumb skull." Another girl answered. "With your shirt of course, or we'd make you, and it would be quite embarrassing."

I could see how Grace was already starting to tremble slightly. Especially since we were already starting to gain a lot of attention. A lot of eyes were looking in our direction now. I followed Grace's eyes to where the seniors sat, watching. It was obvious he was there. The boy she was doing all of this for. The boy whose attention she was trying to get. I could see him sitting right beside Luke and Racheal, watching us with some sort of amusing smile on his face. It was like he wanted to see. Like he wanted to watch the show so badly, like he was excited seeing her get embarrassed like that.

Was that him? Was that the boy Grace was trying to impress? An ass? Luke was watching too, but at that point, Luke was the least of my problems, Grace was, and I could see she had noticed the guy she liked smile the way he did. I couldn't help but notice how scared and ashamed she was already.

"What are you waiting for?" Seven asked her. "You're not going to do it? You'd want us to force you instead?"

Was that even necessary? I took a step towards them. This was getting really tiring, and I was sick of it. I was sick of just standing there, watching them humiliate her like that. I wasn't going to stand by and watch. Not anymore. And just before I was about to say something, I watched Grace slowly join her hands together, and go down on her knees with a lot of tears in her eyes. She must have felt so humiliated, up until the point that she had to give in. I could hear Seven and her girls chuckle as they watched her