Chapter 18

Lady K

Lady K

I'm Cassandra, but you can call me K, or the lady in the bracket.

I know you're probably wondering who I am, and what role I play in this book. Well, let's just say I am the eyes and heart of this book, the narrator of this story, a fraction of everyone's imagination, and a tiny part of everyone's memories. I am no one in particular, but I exist in the head and hearts of all the characters in this book. I know basically everything that goes on in everyone's life. You can call me the motherboard of all their subconscious and memories. I see it all, I know it all.

Where were we?

So yeah, Jeremiah had this really horrible breakfast with his family, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, and it didn't turn out so good, I guess that's what 'horrible' means. Anyway, Christian announced he was leaving the mansion, and then walked out on everyone, even the chairman. Yes, Christian's guts, especially when his family was involved wasn't to be joked with.

Natalie ran after him. Not run literally, since she was only a few paces behind him. She followed him all the way up the stairs and into their bedroom, not bothering to close the door behind her. She could see the way Christian hurried to one of the windows with one of his hands on his hips and his other hand, folded into a fist in the air, right on the same level with his forehead. His breathing wasn't steady.

"Christian?" She called his name, causing him to turn around quickly, now placing both his hands on his hips. "What was the meaning of that?" She gestured to the door.

"Pack your things." He announced as he walked away from the window, and then to the sofa behind her. Natalie turned too. If they were going to have that conversation, then she knew she needed to look him eyeball to eyeball. "We are leaving this place tomorrow."

"Leaving this place?" She scoffed "what on earth does that even mean?"

Christian was too busy pouring himself a drink from the Hennessy bottle on the table, he didn't care to answer her question.

"Don't tell me this has something to do with the fact that Jeremy is back."

He raised his head to glare at her.

"Don't mention that name to me ever again-" he pointed at her. It was a warning.

Natalie held her breath for a short while, staring at him. She wasn't perturbed. She watched him as he turned his attention back to his Hennessy. "Christian, it's been eleven years." She folded her arms under her breasts. "Why won't you forgive him? Why won't you let what happened go?"

"Forgive him? I can never forgive him, not after what he did to me." He took a sip from his glass. "Not after what they took from me."

"What they took from you? He was eight years old. He was only a child. He was a victim, just as much as you were, he still is. He's not the one to blame for everything you went through."