Chapter 56

Jeremiah

Jeremiah

I couldn't stop pacing from the window and then back to my bed and then back to the window again, biting hard on my thumb, deep in my thoughts. I had been doing that since I got news that Kingsley was in the mansion. I couldn't help my anxiety. I couldn't help but wonder if he did what I asked. If he got what I asked. I stopped for a second, the moment I had heard a tiny knock on the door. I turned quickly, It had to be them. The door opened and he walked in, with Kodi behind him.

Thank God.

"Hey Brother."

I hurried to him as fast as I could. I could care less about his greeting. I paused for a second and then turned to Kodi, who had just stopped there, staring at us. You see, I was still grounded, and that meant I couldn't leave my room, leave the house, or even entertain guests. Kodi was the only reason why the doors to the mansion were opened for Kingsley. She had actually told everyone that he had come to see her.

She looked at me. I tilted my head to the direction of the door. I was asking her to leave in the most polite way that I could.

"Huh?" She whispered. She didn't understand. I did it again. She turned to the door and then back to me. "Oh."

"Yeah." I told her. She turned her lips upside down in disappointment, and then exhaled.

"You both owe me."
She said, and then turned to leave.

"Thank you Kodi." Kingsley said after her. I waited till I heard the door close, and then I hurried to the door, just to make sure she wasn't eavesdropping. It wasn't as if I didn't trust Kodi, I did, but the few people that knew what exactly was going on, the better for me. I turned to Kingsley who was already making himself comfortable in my bed.

"Did you bring it?" I walked towards him. "Did you find it?"

He had turned my spring bed to a bouncing castle.

"Mnnn." He kept bouncing on it. He seemed like he was having a good time, and had forgotten why he was at my house at the first place. "Omoh, I like this your bed o."

"Kingsley." I called for his attention. He stopped for a second, and then looked at me. I frowned. I wasn't exactly in the mood to play around. The smile on his face slowly began to fade. "Concentrate please."

He exhaled, and then slowly got out his leather bag from his back. He pulled out an envelope from it.

"I asked my father's secretary to do some digging on the woman in the picture sent to me."

He handed me the envelope, and I took it quickly. I opened it and looked inside, slightly taking out the papers inside.

"You were right. She doesn't work at Mr Eggie's anymore, neither does she live at the address you gave me anymore. I've got good news though." I raised my head to look at him. "She hasn't left the country either. She now works as a cleaner at Saint James hospital in Apo. She lives in Apo too. Everything you need is in that envelope."