Chapter 67

Kora

Kora

The weekend had gone really fast. Faster than I hoped it would, and I was back to being the most hated person on campus again. I kind of felt like I got better during the weekend. Although it wasn't too long for me to get myself together, I was satisfied with how everything felt better. Even the air felt better now. I felt less suffocated, plus, people were slowly beginning to forget about me again. At least I walked all the way to the cafeteria with less people looking at me, and with the whole world not cursing at me, and throwing stuff at me. A few more weeks and I was almost going to back to being a normal student again.

That wasn't the only thing about the weekend that I liked. Friday was my favorite of the three days I had spent at home. I still had dreams about it, and I still thought about him. About Jeremiah. I could still feel his hands on mine and the wind in my hair while we were on the horse. I could still feel his breath on me, but just like I thought it would, it didn't last. He never called me after that, or texted, even though I waited for him all day and night the days before. At a point, I thought I should've texted first. I was so close, but I had to stop myself.

It was just one of those things I prepared myself for anyway. I knew days like Friday only happened once with people like Jeremiah. I looked around the room hoping I could at least see him lurking, even though I knew Old money had their own cafeteria, so the chances of seeing him was almost close to none. Besides, I didn't really think he was in school today. I had checked earlier with his friend, Kingsley. He hadn't heard from him since Friday either. I knew I couldn't take anything he said seriously. I knew he was a good teaser, and a great casanova, but still, those memories we shared felt so right. They felt so good.

"It looks like someone had a splendid weekend. Look at you, smiling like a fool."

I raised my head to Grace, the moment I heard her voice. Did she mean that? Had I been smiling all along? I turned to my food. I had barely even touched it. I still had fork filled with chips, but I had barely raised it up from my plate. I was getting shy all of a sudden.

"Ohhhh, I was right." Grace sounded so excited. "You actually had a better weekend than I did."

"I actually did." I couldn't even help myself. no matter how hard I tried. I was smiling uncontrollably. It was obvious I was so happy.

"This is serious." She leaned closer to me. "Aren't you going to tell me what happened?" I pouted. I wanted her to make a guess. She knew exactly what I wanted. "Did you meet a boy?"

"Kind of." I told her.

She scoffed.

"Hustle o, make your best friend no de tell you kind of, because she don meet new bobo."

I chuckled. Grace was always so dramatic with things like this.

"Come on, I'm dying to know already. Who was it?"