Chapter 113

Jeremiah

We were bursted.

Sadiq and Luke dropped their hands as the men started to talk into the watches on their wrists. It was obvious they were calling for backup. That was a bad idea. Sadiq grabbed one, wrapping his arm around his neck as tightly as he could, he was trying to knock him out. Thank God for all those years of self defense class practice. Luke grabbed the other one and whirled him around to face him and before he knew what was happening, Luke threw a punch at him, hard enough to knock him out. Both men fell to the ground immediately, giving Kingsley and I a chance to run out. We ran to them.

"Perfect timing." Kingsley told them giving them small pats on their arms. I exchanged glances with them. Sadiq and I hadn't exactly been on good terms since I took Kora's side and punched him the other day in class and Luke and I, well you know. It was really awkward seeing them and it was pretty cool that they had all kept all their differences aside to help me even though they knew they could be in a lot of trouble with their parents and mine.
I was touched.

"I never thought I'd see the day you'd look a mess." Sadiq left a warm smile on his face and it made me smile too. It felt so good to have my friend back.

"Thank you." I told him and then turned to Luke and then Kingsley, "All of you."

Kingsley gave me a pat on my shoulder and his smile got brighter.

"You know we are all going to be in a lot of trouble once this is over right?" Sadiq told us. "We need to come up with a serious explanation."

"That can wait." Luke said. "We have to get out of here before the guards come back."

Too late.

The guards were already on their way back. We could hear loud footsteps approaching us. We took formation immediately, backing each other, all four of us as the guards started to surround us. They knew. They had found out that everything was just a way to distract them. They started to move towards us. I knew they wanted me back. They were dead meat if my Father ever found out that I had escaped on their watch once he was back from the company but I couldn't let them take me. I couldn't go back into that house especially after what had happened. I couldn't be in that house. I couldn't let them take me back there and I hoped Kingsley, Sadiq and Luke helped me too. We were ready, ready to fight. I found feel my adrenaline rush back inside of me. It's a good thing that doctor stopped by earlier. I was feeling just a little bit more energized.

The men started to rush towards us, we let them come. We were ready. All four of us had great experience in all sorts of martial arts and defense, the only thing I was grateful to our father for. They made us take those classes and now, we were going to use it against them, we were going to use it to get my freedom back. They came at us and we started to take them, one on one, one on two, as many as we could. The entire compound had become a mess. It was like a war but with hands, kicks and punches. Kingsley helped me fight off guards that tried to attack me when I had let my guard down and I returned the favor, same with Luke and Sadiq. We had each other's backs.

More guards rushed into the scene. It was like they had called for backup and before I knew it, I was counting over thirty men, all out for one thing; me.

"They are too much. I don't think we can hold them much longer." Sadiq yelled so the rest of us could hear.

"We can't let them take Jer." Kingsley. "We should do as much as we can. We should hold them off while you make a run for it." Kingsley was trying to catch his breath. It was really hard talking and throwing punches at the same time. I was loosing my breath.