Chapter 78

Lady k

Lady k

"Welcome home Madame Racheal."
Yes, you got it, Kora and her mother were not the only ones affected by the sudden news. Racheal was too. The entire news about Kora's arrest had reached the ears of every student in NAUN, every staff, every wall, and when it got to her ears, she had to run as fast as she could home in the middle of her class. She knew she had to make good use of that information and take a great advantage of the opportunity in front of her. She knew she had to see her father.

Racheal barely even had the time to listen to the maids that greeted her on her way to the stairs and towards her father's room. She was in a hurry to meet up with him right after one of the maids had informed her that he was about to leave the house. She couldn't let him leave. She knew she had to stop him from doing anything to help Kora. She got there right in time, running into her father's room as fast as she could without the courtesy of any prior warnings.

"Daddy!"
She stopped running after she yelled his name like that. On a very good day, in a moment where his house wasn't in a chaotic state, Racheal knew she was going to be disciplined for her grand entrance into his room without knocking but that wasn't a very good day after all, plus, her etiquettes were the last thing Peter was worried about at that point.

"Where are my keys?"

He was pretty occupied at the moment, searching for his car keys. You should have seen how disorganized he was. He had turned his room into a chaotic state since he got the news. Racheal took a step in and then another as she watched him make a mess of the top of his drawer in search for his keys.

"Daddy?"

He stopped for a second and then turned to face her. Beads of sweat clouding his forehead even with the air conditioner on. He was nervous, she could see it.

"Oh, Racheal." He didn't even have the time to look at her for more than two seconds, before he turned right back to the drawer. "You're home." He kept searching. "I'm sure I kept those keys here." He said to himself as he cleaned his sweaty palms on his white silky agbada wear.

"D-dad," Racheal took another step into the room. "Is anything the matter?" She still managed to ask even as she saw he wasn't really in the position to answer her questions at that point. "Are you going somewhere?"

He didn't say a word to her. He didn't want to lose his focus. He squinted his eyes right beside the mirror on the drawer for a second and then let out a relief exhale. Thank God.

"I've found it!" He announced, picking up the keys from the drawer and raising it up in the air so she could see it. Like she cared about it anyway. Racheal rolled her eyes.

"Daddy, where are you going?"

The smile on his face faded a little bit and then completely especially since he noticed the huge frown on her face.