Chapter 103

Kora

Kora

"You have to go in."

"But I don't want to go in. I'm not ready to go in. I want to go back to the hotel."
She turned to walk away before he grabbed her arm and pulled her back to the door.

"It's been two days Kora. You can't run from home forever. You can't stay in a hotel forever. I already promised your mum I was going to bring you home today remember?"

She turned to face him quickly, clapping her hands together and rubbing them against each other like she was about to beg him.

"I just need two more days, two days and you can bring me home I promise. You don't have to bother about paying the hotel bill, I'll take care of it."

"Come on Kora."

Their whispers were getting louder and louder at the start of each conversation. It was easy driving Kora home but she changed her mind the moment they got down from the car. She wasn't sure she was ready yet, she wasn't sure she was ready to be inside that house again, to see her mother again after what she did, after what she found out.

She still needed a break, some time to get her head straight. Jeremiah had already called to inform Lilian of their whereabouts two days before so she didn't have to worry so much. Not like she had a choice, she knew that Kora's heart was still broken from learning the truth and she needed some time to heal, so she didn't argue a lot. She had to give her her space.

"I can't let you stay in a hotel all by yourself again." He whispered again. "I have to stop by the hospital remember?"

Kora exhaled, she didn't like it. She didn't like it at all. Jeremiah exhaled and turned to the door, he was going to ring the bell when Kora grabbed his arm and pulled him back. He rolled his eyes. The back and forth was getting really frustrating. He turned to her.

"Please, don't." She shook her head. She really didn't want to.

The door opened immediately and it made Jeremiah turn in response while Kora just grabbed on to his arm, shutting her eyes and biting her lower lip in regrets. She wished she had just made a run for the front gate when she could. Now she couldn't because Lilian had already opened the door and was standing right behind her

"Mrs Olori." Jeremiah had a bright smile on his face as he looked at her. She managed to return the smile back.

"Jeremiah." Her voice shook. She looked really nervous too, not like she had any good night's rest since Kora left the house. Her heart was heavy with worry and fear, seeing Kora standing there, made everything better. "How are you?"

"I'm fine Mrs Olori." He slowly turned to Kora, she gave him the look but he totally ignored it, he pulled her forward and turned her around slowly till she faced Lilian. "I brought her home as promised."
Kora turned her head slightly to eye him. So it was planned? She couldn't believe he could betray her like that.