068

" Pop!!"

Was the last thing I heard before I was startled from my sleep. I looked around to find that I was on my bed in our dark bedroom at the main palace.

" Thank God it was just a dream."

I mumbled to myself as I got out of bed and headed into the bathroom to relieve myself. As to when I fell asleep, I could not tell all I remember was sitting infront of the television with Mekhi. Poor thing must have carried my fat ass in here.

" Baina?"

A familiar voice called out to me from the bathroom before I could even pee. Excited, I pulled up my panties and ran into our bedroom. The door to our balcony was open with the curtains and the moon lit up his silhouette. My baby was back and I ran towards him.

" Mikhail!"

" Baina?"

He called my name and at the same time turned but when he turned his face was blood red. Blood was literally dripping down his face and I screamed just as my eyes shot open.

" Hey, hey it's only me."

I woke up to Mekhi holding me and we were still on the couch. He must have thought something was wrong when without a word I ran into the nearest toilet. My blasder was really full.

" Sorry, I had to-"

" No need to explain."

Embarrassing.

" How long was I asleep?"

I sat back down next to him and changed channels to see if there was any update on Mike.

" Less than an hour. Were you dreaming about Mikhail?"

" Yes."

Seeing that there was nothing new. I began to tell him about my nightmare.

" Do you think it means anything?"

" I'm not sure but it was scary but I did not feel anything off or bad when I saw him like that. Just how he looked was scary."

" Maybe he's hurt badly?"

" Let's hope not. Have you heard anything about Brian?"

" He called dad earlier to apologise but he reassured him and told him that we did not blame him..."

" mmm...."

I replied absent minded while I turned up the volume as breaking news in red flashed on the curved wall to wall television screen. They were back at the scene.

" A few hours ago the our special forces descended onto that building but we could not report at the time because of safety reasons...."

Thank God, I mumbled. Knowing that the special forces were there brought me a little relief but I still needed him home to be able to breathe.

"....Shots were heard coming from the colosseum just now but we don't have any further information on who fired or if anyone was hurt...."

Just when I had a little hope, I thought as the reporter continued with his report. As they moved from the scene to the studio, I closed my eyes and said a little prayer for my husband and everyone involved.

" Should we tell mom and dad?"

" I think we should wait till there's more news. I don't want to worry them over nothing."

" I hope it's nothing."

" I hope so too Mekhi. I hope so too."