081

All I could think about as she had her arms around my neck and her head on my chest is how long it had been since we did this. We used to dance like this almost every week but the difference now is that I was supported by my walking stick while the left hand held her waist. It still felt good to be in her arms and her in my arms like this. The song stopped and she helped me to the nearest table where I made her sit on my lap, on my good leg.

" I thought you wouldn't be able to make it."

" To be honest I wasn't but then I recalled that you said I should get my priorities straight so I dropped everything and came."

" Oh me saying that is the only reason you came over?"

" No plus the fact that I missed the women I loved and I just wanted to spend this beautiful day with her just like this."

The real truth was that I almost kissed Kendall and that made me realise where I should be but she did not need to know that.

" Chivalry will get you everywhere your highness but that's not what I said or what I meant but thank you for coming. The children would be delighted to see you."

" Where are they anyway?"

" I think they are in the jumping castle slide or whatever that thing is called."

" Okay give me a kiss before I go."

" Not with all these kids here but where are you going?"

" You know they were here too when you kissed me earlier and I am going to the jumping castle."

" You're not going anywhere with that still healing leg. I'm not about to spend another night in a hospital  again."

" I promise I won't get into it, I just want to say hello to the boys since I haven't seen them in a few days because of work."

With a kiss on the cheek I limped away before she could stop me from going to the blown up castle. Eversince I was a little boy things like this fascinated me and not having a complete childhood because of my title, I still craved to play with my children as they played.

" Dada!!"

" Hey princess."

My baby girl came running towards me as soon as I approached the castle with a huge smile on her face. It hurt that I could not pick her up in my condition like I used to but she was understanding and grabbed my hand taking me to her brothers.

" Who painted your face?"

" Mommy. Isn't it beautiful?"

Somewhere between running a country, being a father and husband I forgot all about my wife and what she liked to do. When she was in college she painted all the time and I even have a painting of me she made. I forgot about Baina the woman and just thought of her as my wife the queen.

" What's that for?"

I kissed her cheek as we danced again.

" For being the loving wife and mother you are. For giving me the strength to hold on when Samauel held us hostage. The thought of seeing your beautiful face kept me going."

" I love you Mike."

" I love you more."