070

I went to bed late that night stressing as it was still unclear as to who the shots were aimed at and if my husband was still alive but my heart told me he was. Even though we found out that it was not the royal team that went into the colosseum. There was speculation that it was another terrorist but the reporter could not confirm that. Although I went to bed in the early hours of the morning, I could not fall asleep. Everytime my eyes closed all I could see was a bloody Mikhail. I got off the bed and on my knees to pray, something I have been doing more frequently since he was taken hostage but before I could say "amen", there was a loud knock on my door. The time was five in the morning but it being the start of winter, it was still a bit dark.

" I am coming."

I replied while turning on the room light before slipping on my robe and tying it as I went to open the door.

" Change into something comfortable, we have to rush to the royal hospital. Mike is being flown there as we speak."

My mother-in-law walked away before I could ask any questions and I quickly changed into one of his t-shirts and sweats then paired them with designer sneakers before rushing downstairs to the front door where the guards were waiting for us. Mikhail's mother held my hand as we were driven to the hospital and the king sat in the front seat while his brother's were in the two sport utility vehicle's behind us. My children were with my mother luckily.

" Your majesty he is still on the way. As soon as he gets here he's going straight onto the operation table."

As soon as the nurse explained the hospital doors flew open, two doctors came rushing in with my husband accompanied by the nurse. The guards held us back when we attempted to rush to him. The nurse returned and explained to us that he was being rushed to theatre and we would not be able to see him till it was done. The wait was long.

" Your majesty...."

The doctor walked over to his father after two hours of waiting. We all stood up to hear what he had to say. Being that the royal family was treated here we were familiar with this surgeon.

" The operation is done but I am afraid he is still unconscious and I cannot say how long or how soon he will wake up. King Mikhail lost a lot of blood and he was badly wounded. We had a lot of sharpnel and debris to remove from his wound then clean it since an infection was starting to grow. He's currently in antibiotics and he will be wheeled out soon."

For the first time in days I could finally breathe a little. I understood he was not completely out of the woods and he had sometime to go before he was fully back but I was happy he was back home and we could see him.