006

Like a prisoner for the past two weeks I have been locked up in the house crying because my father had me grounded for the rest of the school holidays. He did not allow me to go anywhere and even for my friends to come over. I was not allowed any phonecalls and Mikhail had tried to call me but dad would answer the phone and refuse to let him talk to me. Every time the phone rang I would stand by my bedroom door and listen to hear who had called and that is how I knew he was calling. I hated being in this house and so wished I could run away but I had no where to go.

'' Bia where do you think you're going?''

'' To the fair. I already asked mom and she said I could go.''

I heard my younger sister say to my dad. He was not as hard on her as he was with Becca and I so I knew he would let her go.

'' Take your sisters with you.''

My mother said. My dad being the disciplinarian, my mother always let us off easily but she also had her days and it would depend on what we had done. I know right now she is just worried since all I have been doing is sleeping and crying. I have not had much of an appetite because I was mad and hurting. Can they not see how keeping me away from him is hurting me.

'' How? when Baina is grounded and Becca never wants to go anywhere with me.''

'' Bia do as your mother says.''

'' Do I really have to?''

'' We don't want you out in a crowded place alone so yes.''

'' If I take them with me, can we come home after midnight.''

They went back and forth till my father gave up and agreed to us returning at midnight.

'' At exactly twelve you three must be in this house.''

I'm not going I mumbled when she knocked twice on my door. Without my permission she came into my room.

'' Get up.''

'' Tell your father I don't wanna go.''

She ignored me and began going through my closet.

'' I think these shorts are perfect for a fair and this basketball jersey will do since it will be real cold when Mike drops you off.''

The last part she said in a whisper but I heard her perfectly and she had my attention. Though I was skeptical about Mikhail being there.

'' How do you know he's going to be there?''

'' His brother who actually invited me to the fair mentioned that they were taking him to make him feel better since he has not been his usual jolly self lately. Apparently like you, your man loves them. So I came up with the idea to get dad and mom to let you go. All that whining I did just now was just an act.''

''Why would you do that for me?'

'' We're sisters and I hate seeing you all sad and depressed.''

'' So you do love me?.''

'' I didn't say all that. Now get up and get ready.''