058

After a long unsuccessful day of trying to convince our religious leaders, elders and traditionalist to implement a few changes in their laws considering women and the lgbtqi+ community the last thing I needed was to come home to a moody three year old and eight year olds acting up. Since I got home Adana had been standing by her usual spot looking out for her daddy. The babysitter mentioned that she had been standing there since the boys got out of school and had refused to do anything but sit there.

' Ada you know daddy is coming home the day after tomorrow right?'

Silence. He was coming home tomorrow evening but they would be asleep when he got here and I did not feel like being forced to wait up for him by Adana. This was usually normal behaviour for her but it was abnormal now since she knew her father was away and had no issues with his absence till today.

' Ada princess, let's go eat while we wait on daddy's phone call. You can hold my phone while you eat.'

She agreed and followed me into the dining area after she had my phone in her hand. The twins were already in their sits but starring at their plates.

' Aren't you guys eating?'

' We were waiting on you.'

Chidi said before grabbing Chike's hand and he grabbed his little sister's hand, who grabbed mine and told me to bow my head and I obliged. We ate silently after that.

' Mom can I put these in the fridge. I'm full.'

I was surprised by this, none of my children knew what being full meant when it came to spaghetti and mince. Chidi followed after Chike and then the little princess. They had not eaten much of their meal but I was never the type to force kids to eat so I just gave them a dish to combine their food in and keep it in the fridge covered.

' I miss you.'

He said to me as soon as Adana handed me the phone. All three of them chatted to him over FaceTime for a few minutes, telling him about their day and how much they missed him before handing the phone over to me and went back to watching their shows.

' I miss you too but two more days and you'll be back home.'

' Yeah I cannot wait. You know when I get there it will probably be 2am or something.'

' Yes I know. What time does the conference start?'

' In a few hours and so not looking forward to it.'

' Hey, stop that....'

We continued to chat while he got ready and the children all fell asleep on the couch. I really hated picking Ada up with this belly but I said my goodbyes before waking the boys and taking my daughter to bed. I took a shower feeling hot before I went to bed myself only to be woken up by the front doorbell ringing, three hours later. Who knew my world was about to turn upside when I opened the door to my brother and a few royal guards.