091

" Babe I can explain."

Was the first thing that came out of my mouth when I walked into my office as Kendall told my wife we kissed. Kendall walked past me with a smirk on her face while Baina starred me down angrily. Malik was right, I should have told her when it happened.

" I am waiting!"

I sat down infront of her like an employee who was about to be fired not like the king I was and told her everything. A second of weakness had turned me into something I was not. She was calm while I was sweating bullets.

" Why didn't you tell me?"

" I_ I _"

" You thought I'd never find out?"

" No_ I_ I don't know. I just did not want to hurt you."

" You did not think of that when you felt your attraction for this girl or during that moment that led to the kiss, you did not think but this will hurt my wife?"

" I have no attraction towards her."

" Typical of you to only hear what you want to hear. You know what I am going home and you deal with your girlfriend before I do."

Deal with her? How was I to do that? I wanted to ask what she meant but I had already angered her enough. She turned around with her left eyebrow raised when I followed her.

" Where are you going?"

" Home with you."

This was the first time I had kind of cheated and I did not know what would happen from here on. What if she got home packed and left?.

" No need, you have work to do."

" Nothing I cannot do tomorrow or the day after."

" Mikhail I really want to be alone right now."

" No problem I'll sit with the driver upfront."

She shook her head but walked out. As promised I sat in the front but kept a watch on her through the rearview mirror out of worry. She was just too calm and every man knows that there is always calm before a storm or whatever they say. 

" Could you just stop!"

" What?"

" Watching me like that."

" Sorry I'm just worried tha-"

" I don't want to talk about this right now."

With difficulty I managed to be patient and let her process this on her own but still went home with her. When she got home she went straight into our bedroom and I followed her under the pretense of using the bathroom like we did not have four others. When I was sure she was not packing I left the bedroom to work in the living room because I could see her if she tried to leave. I swear I have never been so scared in my life. The surge of anxiety I had  made me promise myself that nothing like this would ever happen again and I never wanted to see the look of disappointment on her ever again. The sound of footsteps coming downstairs alerted me and I quickly walked to the hallway and tried to calm myself before she appeared.

" Where are you off to?"

" To pick up my kids_"

" Okay let me get my jacket-"

" alone."

" w-what? Okay_ but be careful."

As soon as she left I panicked and wanted to follow her but restrained myself while praying she did return.