011

My nerves were all over the place as my youngest sister dialed her number then waited patiently for someone to pick up on the other end while I paced up and down the living room. I wished it was me who was directly making the call but knowing that if her parents answered they would not even wait for me to explain myself, I couldn't risk it.

'' Mike!''

Relief washed over me as soon as Natalie called out my name.

'' Bia will be bringing her to the ice cream parlor in an hour. Now you owe me.''

'' I'm forever indebted to you baby sis."

'' Oh and I'll definitely be cashing up on that.''

I thanked her once again before rushing upstairs to change, filled with excitement. My smile grew bigger as soon as I spotted her outside the ice cream parlor an hour later with her sister's and she smiled back when Becca directed her attention towards me.

''You owe us.''

Bia

'' Thank you very much ladies and I'll be sure to pay your kindness back generously. May I kindly borrow your sister for the next hour though.?"

'' Sure you can, she was beginning to get on our nerves anyway.''

Baina did some hand gesture I did not know, when Becca said that and she responded with something similar as we walked towards my bike. I guess it was a sister thing.

'' I thought we were having ice cream here?''

'' I have some thing better planned. Where there'll be privacy and you can have all the ice cream you want.''

'' Private?"

'' It's your last day in town and I just wanted to spend the day with you, no interruptions and no funny comments from our siblings. Just the two of us.''

She seemed hesitant so I got off my bike as I was already on it waiting on her to hop on.

'' What's the problem?''

'' It's nothing let's go.''

'' Are you sure it's nothing? You seemed hesitant to leave.''

'' I'm sure now let's go.''

I drove us to the nearest botanical gardens. Where an old friend of mine was there waiting for me with all the picnic supplies. I thanked and greased his hand before he went about with his duties. She helped me set up with a wide smile on her face.

'' I'm so relieved it's just a picnic.''

''What did you think was happening?''

'' Well when you mentioned privacy and just it being the two of us, something my mother said _ you know it's stupid.''

'' No it's not because I saw you hesitate back there. What did your mother say about me?''

'' Babe can we just enjoy this and not let them ruin-''

'' No tell me.''

'' She insinuated that you only wanted to sleep with me.''

I was silent for a second while I stood looking at her. It was understandable how she could believe that.

'' I don't want to sleep with you.''

I realised I said it too harshly when her demeanour changed.

" No, I mean when you're ready obviously but I won't make you and it's certainly not why I'm with you Bai. Do you really think so low of me?''