003

'' I thought you said the eggs were boiled?!''

She screamed while chasing me after the kids had pelted her with the eggs.

'' Now if I told you that they were raw and that when we found them we were going to pelt each other with them, would you have wanted to join in the egg hunt?''

'' No.''

'' See I lied for a good cause.''

'' I'm drenched in egg yolk, how is that a good cause?''

'' You and the kids had fun didn't you?''

I could see she did not want to admit it and tried to hide her smile but she failed. She had such a beautiful smile and I would do anything to see her smile everyday.

'' I'll give you that. This is the most fun I've had in a long time and the kids did enjoy themselves. What I don't get is how you managed not to get even a single egg on you?''

'' I'm a pro at this game and you were just too slow every time I yelled duck."

'' Liar! You never did. You used me as your shield!''

'' I did. You just don't listen well. My voice is soft and it's not as loud as the next guy but I did warn you every time the kids came running towards us.''

She kissed her teeth.

'' Yeah right like could have heard you with all that noise they were making.''

'' Well I'm sorry. I'll try to yell louder next time or we'll come up with some warning signal.''

'' Like?''

While I was distracted with trying to come up with a warning signal, She carefully cracked two eggs, which she had hidden behind her, on the top of my head. A difficult task since I was taller.

'' Ohhh.... I'm going to get you for this.''

'' I guess you're not as good as you thought you were.''

It was a good thing that everybody had left and left us to do the cleaning, I thought as I chased her around the church. When I finally caught her, I tickled her till I had both of us rolling onto the grass in laughter and tears.

'' Did you bring clean clothes as I advised because you really stink.?"

'' Get off of me you schmuck.''

She pushed me back by my shoulder. I feigned shock and my hand went to my chest.

'' Why would you use such a vulgar word?''

'' Schmuck is not vulgar.''

" It is if you're Yiddish.''

''Are you?''

'' No.''

'' Uh_ oh my gosh. You're too much. Now let's get this place cleaned up before the church guard gets here.''

As much as I did not want to, I got off her. I felt a little cold, missing her warmth. One day I will get to share her warmth forever.

'' We need to clean up. So About our date?''

'' We're still on.''

'' Great so tomorrow wear shorts, for comfort. I'll pick you up at home at exactly two o'clock.''

'' Or you can just tell me where we're going so I can meet you there?''

" Now where's the fun in that beautiful?."

She smiled shaking her head while I rejoiced internally. Finally she paid me some attention.