084

" If it isn't the queen herself."

This was the last thing I needed on the first day out in civilization, bumping into Beth just as I walked out of my gynecologist and obstetrician's building for my six week checkup. Mikhail had walked ahead with our daughter as I stayed behind to be examined. As much as he had seen me naked and give birth I was never comfortable with him around me during such invasive procedures. Luckily he understands and accepted second hand information from me.

" Nice to see you out and about heard you had another baby with your skin peeler."

" His name is Mikhail, he has Vitiligo and how is it your business what I am having with who. You should mind that old age home you call a vagina and keep your non-biodegradable nose out of my business."

It has been months since I last spoke to her and I did not have the energy or even want to deal with her ever because I hated stooping to her level especially since I was bad with insults.  I turned and walked towards the car, only to realise that she had followed me and had stopped me closing the car door.

" Good morning to you your majesty. I just saw you parked here and I thought to say hello."

" Well hello. You actually cau-"

" Oh my is that the new addition to the family. Awww can I_?"

This woman was so fake and I itched to kick her out the door and onto the pavement but unfortunately it was not becoming of the queen to do such. Mikhail looked at me for help and I smiled at him before turning to our unwanted guest.

" As the daughter of a skin peeler, as you call my husband, I don't think it's advisable for you to touch her as she might infect you."

" Huh¿¡_ wait your highness I-"

We drove off leaving her standing on the pavement clearly embarrassed. I never told him what she says about him behind his back because I did not want to hurt his feelings. He was already self conscious but I needed to teach that witch Beth a lesson. For the rest of the drive Mikhail was very quit and I knew he was affected by my words. As soon as we got home he took our daughter upstairs to sleep while I went to make him a sandwich.

" Hey you know I love you right? No matter what anybody else says you're perfect to me and our children. We who matter love you just the way you are and I would never ever exchange that for anything."

I said wrapping my arms around his neck while he stood at the entrance of the kitchen.

" It feels good to hear you say that and thank you for loving me. I love you too babe."

" Now here's your sandwich eat up. Then maybe seeing that the doctor gave me a clean bill of health, you can come join me in our bedroom after your lunch. I'm going to shower first."

" Forget the sandwich I can eat later. I'm joining you in the shower. I have been waiting for weeks for this day."

I giggled as he hopped on his stick trying to chase me.