028

It was not my intention to sigh out loud in frustration as the maidens stood around me fussing at my attire and scaring them in the process. I never wanted them to fear me as their queen. They should feel comfortable and safe around me but not free enough to be disrespectful. The day of my inauguration had finally arrived and I was already done with this day. To think I had another full day of all of this. It might have been the seven week old twins in my belly turning me into a grumpy queen.

" Sorry."

We found out I was pregnant with twin babies on our one month checkup, Mike obviously was over the moon and so was I.

'' Sorry ladies but can you give us a minute.''

The maidens hurried out and Keija locked the door behind them before walking over to me.

'' What's the matter? You're officially being introduced to the world as queen of Tayri, are you not excited?''

'' Keke I'm just so _''

My stomach contents went up to my throat just before I could even try to explain myself. I lunged at the nearest bin and emptied the little I had managed to eat that morning into it while my friend watched over me with worry filled eyes.

'' Do you need me to call the king?''

'' No there's nothing he can do. Please give me a minute and a glass of water. I'll be fine.''

'' Bai are you pregnant?''

I did not want to say anything so early in the pregnancy to anyone even though it was hard trying to hide our excitement from family and friends.

'' Seven weeks to be exact.''

I could not help but smile wide as I told her. She immediately started screaming and jumping up and down in excitement.

'' Shhhh.. the maidens are outside and we do want to keep this hush hush till the first trimester is over and we're certain we're out of any danger.''

'' I'm sorry. I'm just so happy for the both of you. This is great news. The king must be overjoyed.''

'' He's as happy as a clam and he's having a hard time keeping this a secret from his parents. So please do not mention anything to him and act surprised on the day we announce to everyone.''

'' I won't say anything. So I'm the first to know?''

'' Yes. Now get the maidens.''

Being that it was not my intention to tell her about the pregnancy , I left out the part about me being pregnant with twins. I already felt bad that my husband had to keep this from his parents though I suspected that he had told his mother. They were as thick as thieves and not that I minded. I loved their relationship and wished that one day my children could be as close to me as he is to her. I held my head high when the maidens were done. I looked everything like I queen if I do say so myself.

'' Now let's go introduce you to the whole country, continent and world.''

'' You really want me to faint from anxiety.''

Hail queen.