078

After a long day at work, though being king could not be considered work, with meeting after meeting all I wanted to do was go home to my children and wife. Who I had to cancel lunch with because my meetings went on forever. She really hated when my duties came between us but understood. Being king interrupted my marriage a lot and I felt that she sometimes had to lose out on date night or celebrating an anniversary because something came up that I had to deal with as a king. My assistant had left thirty minutes ago and the royal building was deserted.

" Finally!"

I sighed when the elevator finally came up but as soon as it opened I stepped back surprised to Kendall being in the elevator. It was way past knock off time amd she worked in a different part of the building which had it's own elevators. Which meant we never met and were not supposed to unless she was coming here.

" Kendall?"

" Evening sir, I was just coming to you."

' At this time? What was that important that it could not wait till tomorrow?"

" I noticed there was some irregularities in the section nine royal estate tender expenditure. The numbers don't add up as the money already spent is less on paper than it is when checking the balance."

" Kendall are you sure about this?"

" Yes sir if you have a minute I can show you."

A minute is what I did not have but this was a serious matter I had to deal with before more money is squandered, if that is a word. With a sigh I led her into my office so she could use the computer because she needed to use it to show me her evidence.

" Sir if you look right here..."

She spoke leaning over my left shoulder and once again my eyes accidentally landed on her pushed up cleavage. I quickly looked away and back to the screen.

" .... here's what's left in the account and here what the accountants records say was used. The balance on her sheet is the same as the actual balance but if you take time to add all the receipts submitted, it doesn't add up."

" I am confused."

" Here are the receipts and if you check them you'll see that there are no receipts for these four recorded purchases."

I looked at the screen and the file she had brought with her and she was right but I could not jump into conclusions so I asked her if these were all the receipts given to her, were none not lost? Maybe the contractor lost some but then again that would be bad for him since they had to take pictures and keep the receipts safe. After going through all the possibilities I concluded that this was evidence of money laundering and called the parties involved to come to my office early the next morning since it was late and Baina was already blowing up my phone.

" Sorry I'm-"

" Your food is in the warmer and next time when I call you answer your damn phone because I worry about your safety!"

" Baby I'm sorry, there was an emergency-"

" Mikhail I'm tired and this child is killing me eat and come to bed."